Milan vs Huntingdon

xriv

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not trying to disrespect Huntingdon because I am from there, but i have to say if Huntingdon dont win this year they will be in trouble for awhile unless we get dropped to 1a. Huntingdon will lose over 20 seniors after this season so if we plan to make some noise it needs to be this year.

As far as this week goes i really have no idea what to expect this weekend. I know we are doing a lot of things that weve never done before (shotgun) and i just hope that it works out for the best. I know we have a really big offensive line and hopefully they will make some holes for weathers and macadams to run through. I am still predicting Huntingdon to win by 2 tds.

Don't know who was Driving the Bus. It definately wasn't me. I'da stole the courthouse. But I do wish well for the fella's accross the creek. And my Huntingdon/Mckenzie rivalry blood ran out along time ago. Glad to hear it runs deep in you though. Maybe you guys can get back to your form of old. Whoever wins this one , is fine by me. It's gonna be a contest for sure.. I wish both Teams Good Health and Sportsmanship.

I'm going with Milan by double digits. I know there is a lot of respect between these two programs, but Huntingdon is reloading while Milan is full speed ahead, if this game was played week 7, I might have a different prediction.

31-14 Bulldogs.

Montague1... I got chastised badly for getting onto a fan of another school for using the term "reloading". Huntingdon doesn't have the ability to reload. When a team has a bad year does that mean they didn't reload? Sooner or later the talent pool will drop for one school especially one with a small enrollment. Huntingdon has been playing football since the turn of the 20th century and they haven't reloaded even once. We've been blessed with good athletes that really want to work and good coaches over the years. What I'm trying to say, and not being a smart alec is colleges "reload" because they can go out and recruit players. Here in Huntingdon as in Lexington we have to play who gets off the bus and walks the halls.

I think most everybody on here is saying Milan is a big favorite to win this game, but none of the players for the Mustangs believe that and they are looking forward to Milan coming to Huntingdon. I hope you can come over and watch this game because it's always a tough game no matter who is favored.

I look for an overflow crowd and always enjoy the Bulldogs taking the field and their band plays the "Notre Dame Fight Song" and the Mustangs enter the field with our band playing "The Horse". When you play Milan, you play the best. I"m getting excited already..

I don't know a whole lot about this years mustang team, just what little I've heard. I'm sure they're strong in the trenches. Weathers had speed last year, I'm sure with a year of experience and coaching he's developed the other facets of the position. Never seen McAdams under center but I've heard he's a player. After last years dissapointing results it's a safe bet Mansfield had them motivated in the offseason. The 07 version of the Bulldawgs is very talented. Several kids who can really make things happen when they get their hands on the ball. However not much depth and fairly young. This will be the first time most of them have worn the purple and white at Paul Ward. I think Milan will win but anything can happen at Paul Ward.

Don't know who was Driving the Bus. It definately wasn't me. I'da stole the courthouse. But I do wish well for the fella's accross the creek. And my Huntingdon/Mckenzie rivalry blood ran out along time ago. Glad to hear it runs deep in you though. Maybe you guys can get back to your form of old. Whoever wins this one , is fine by me. It's gonna be a contest for sure.. I wish both Teams Good Health and Sportsmanship.

Actually I didn't grow up in Huntingdon so it doesn't run real deep in me. I am definately a big fan of Mustang football and have seen most of the games over the last 15 years.

I am real excited about this Friday night. Milan will bring a big crowd and if the Huntingdon folks show up last minute as they usually do we will have a bunch of those barking fans on the home side.

Mr. Mustang I can assure you the players are ready. If what I am hearing is true, Milan will have several lineman going both ways just like we will. Conditioning will become very important in this one.

I read that Mustang Fans think this team will be a better team than last year. Is that because there isn't one "SuperStar" that everyone depends on when the going gets tough? I know that can happen to a team, espically one thin on overall talent. A couple of years ago in 2004 and we had one primary weapon - Walker!! Everyone knew he was going to get the ball and they planned the defense around it. I know when Chris got hurt last year the season went south. But you guys are also replacing a 3 year starter at QB just like us. I think both programs got a little break to have a very talented QB transfer into each school. The team which plays the best team ball on Friday night comes out on top. I keep hearing Weathers and McAdams as the two primary threats on the Mustang offense. I really do believe it will take more than those two to get the W. What has gotten us beat over the past few years has being able to account for Bell, Weathers and company but could never contain Donald from his freshman year forward. It just shows what a great talent he has!!! I would look for Milan to spread the field and get the ball into the hands of it's playmakers: Pearson, Hart, Williams and Moore. When and if we are able to get completly healthy i like our chances against anyone we line up against, but we got to play Friday night with who's available.

Bulldogs - 24

Mustangs - 13

Go Bulldogs!!!!!!

I read that Mustang Fans think this team will be a better team than last year. Is that because there isn't one "SuperStar" that everyone depends on when the going gets tough? I know that can happen to a team, espically one thin on overall talent. A couple of years ago in 2004 and we had one primary weapon - Walker!! Everyone knew he was going to get the ball and they planned the defense around it. I know when Chris got hurt last year the season went south. But you guys are also replacing a 3 year starter at QB just like us. I think both programs got a little break to have a very talented QB transfer into each school. The team which plays the best team ball on Friday night comes out on top. I keep hearing Weathers and McAdams as the two primary threats on the Mustang offense. I really do believe it will take more than those two to get the W. What has gotten us beat over the past few years has being able to account for Bell, Weathers and company but could never contain Donald from his freshman year forward. It just shows what a great talent he has!!! I would look for Milan to spread the field and get the ball into the hands of it's playmakers: Pearson, Hart, Williams and Moore. When and if we are able to get completly healthy i like our chances against anyone we line up against, but we got to play Friday night with who's available.

Bulldogs - 24

Mustangs - 13

Go Bulldogs!!!!!!

Milan spreading the field I have to see to believe... We've always had trouble with the Bulldogs when they just line up and run it right at us.. If the Bulldogs use the spread I like our chances cause I think we can score. Over here in Huntingdon we think that Morris often tries to outcoach himself. He is a great coach and has the talent each year but what comes to mind is two years ago in regular season , Milan gets down inside our 5yd. line and 1st and goal with a minute on the clock and 1 timeout left. We hadn't stopped Coleman all night and was wearing us out. Milan reverses Wells out of the backfield to pass and the ball slips out of his hands and we recover for the win. I would hate to have made the decision to punt in the playoff game when Milan had 4th and short that same year. I probably would have punted too and make us go the distance. Good luck to ya'll except this Friday night.

Mustangs.... 20

Bulldogs.... 13