McKenzie Football

cptjack34

I saw yall's game last friday and Mckenzie's defense looked horrible, Also yall moved the ball all over the field but just couldn't put it in the endzone. I hope yall have improved tremendously over the past week.

Basically, we are aware of everything you say and it is true to a point. Camden's offense is going to make several defenses look horrible this season AND the Rebel defense is not noted for being superhuman in recent years either. We adapt to live with that when necessary. If you give up 35 pts. but, score 50 then life is good for the moment. But, it is true that if a team wants to make a run at the "gold ball" that would have to get better!!

The "not putting it in the endzone" part was very true last Friday night and a sore spot with a lot of Rebel fans at times!!! If it were me (which I will be the first to admit it isn't) there would be 2 rules in the red zone. #1--stick with what got you there!!!! #2--on second or third down, think OUTSIDE the box!!! Speed backs on sweeps, bootlegs and slants (I'm a big fan of slants!! They work!), etc.. At least give yourself a chance to put up 6-7 pts. We're too predictable, corner routes and flares to the sideline at the goal line!!! In the red zone the field is too short for that stuff against a good team especially!! This isn't D1 on Saturday just yet!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK ya'll here it is...........I'm ready for some for real football. I got a partial fix last weekend with the Wildcats and they done good in the end. Tomorrow night I'm gonna come check out the new digs at MHS and see what the Rebels can do with Dresden. Saturday, I'll be listening to the 'Cats at Austin Peay and watchin' the Vols!!!! Somewhere in the middle of all that, I'm cookin' some BBQ and over eatin' prolly!!!! NOW we're talkin' football!!!!

The Rebels biggest tests are in the first 5 games with one stray in the last 5 games (you know who you are!) I don't know about winning "it all" but we'll make some folks work to get it from us I think.

Here we are Bigster..............find us yet?????

Yes..I was expecting the Rebel faithful to start a new thread on this weeks game..Not a thread that's as old as Butchie,You and me! I believe yall will win by 2 to 3 touchdowns!

We're too predictable, corner routes and flares to the sideline at the goal line!!! In the red zone the field is too short for that stuff against a good team especially!! This isn't D1 on Saturday just yet!!

Funny I thought you all ran off tackle power. Must just be the films I see.

McKenzie will handle Bruceton. That's no offense to the fans down there in Hollow Rock, or to their team, but McKenzie is just a great team. Carr is the real deal, and that tail back, I think he's #33, is a load to bring down. It was easy for me to see that McK has a great weight training program, they held Camden's D-line back for the most part. Granted, Ctown was missing their 2 defensive tackles, but those were our starting D-ends, and they hardly got through. The offensive line play was outstanding.

From what I saw on my sideline, Bruceton just looked like they had very little overall team speed againt Hickman County. Matlock and Jordan will be hard to handle if they can ever get some blocking, but overall, McKenzie is just a much better team.

From my Black and Gold point of view, let the defense get into its groove. It's early and defense is about attitude. You guys have a good defensive line there in McK, just give the boys time to develop their identity as a defense and their attitude will come. Do that and McKenzie is looking at a run this year.

I saw yall's game last friday and Mckenzie's defense looked horrible, Also yall moved the ball all over the field but just couldn't put it in the endzone. I hope yall have improved tremendously over the past week.

Duckman, This is what I was telling you about. Like this guy,, going to a scrimmage game and drinking during a school sporting event. He was so sloshed he didn't see what rcombs, me, the Duck and others saw. Children let this be an example do as we say, not as these guys do. SMOKING CRACK AND POSTING is also against the rules.

OK kids lets sum this all up. The Rebels are possibly a contender this season. Tonight was lesson #1!!!! We didn't use near all the weapons we have against Dresden. It was mercy rule in the second half!! Final was 42-0 McKenzie.

True, Dresden has a long season in front of them. But, don't think that the Rebels have no offense or no defense!!!

Next Friday, Bruceton, the showdown of the season for both teams!!! Week #2 seems early for that but, it's the way it is. Good luck to both teams but, the Rebs will come to play!!! That's just what they do nowdays. All the BS and scrimmages and jamborees are out of the way and we're down to the real deal now. This bunch of Rebels is better than I thought they were probably. Time will tell.

McKenzie-42 ; Dresden-0 (We found the endzone a time or two, they are still looking for it! Have a nice night!)

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!