McKenzie Football

cptjack34

His mom tells me he has Rocky Mtn. Spotted Fever (tick fever). I saw him at the Bethel game a week ago and he does seem to have lost some weight but, he played one heck of a game last Friday night!!!!

The thing about Tyler is that he is a Senior and a 4 year starter. He's NEVER been the size that most would be playing his positions (not that he's little or anything). He's a competitor, tough and has a will to play and win that is obvious to all of us who have watched him play fot the last 4 years!!

If he weren't released to play he wouldn't be out there I imagine.

Thanks to all of you for the concern. Tyler is getting there. He has strep throat now but he is still chugging along. Doctor did release him after a show down in the doctors office. (just kidding). He is not out of the woods yet. The prayers are the most important thing right now. Tyler is very strong headed.

I am very proud of our Rebels !!!! They all did a great job Friday night. Now to Bruceton.. YIKES.. One play at a time.

FIGHT HARD & PLAY HARD !! GO BIG RED.

we miss you Cory ..

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, I'm not mad at you. But, you should look a little closer. I believe that Milan has 4 state championships in football and I'm thinking that Lake Co. has another one or two. I'm not saying that any west TN teams will win a gold ball this season but, to count the west TN teams out now just because they are from west TN is absurd. Get real, it's way too early to talk like that. Talk to me in about 4 more weeks and I'll give you a little more rundown on the area teams and what they might be able to do.

Who knows. I watched Melrose hammer Christian Brothers on TV a couple of weeks ago and then last Friday night, Mitchell beat Melrose!!!!! That's just crazy!!! So you never know when dealing with high school kids.

Lake Co won the State in 1980 and 1985..Went undefeated on one of those State championships..Bruceton knocked Lake Co out a couple times years ago and J.C.S. last year knocked Lake Co out..But..I I'm not going to go back and look at the post but I thought you said Middle and East Tenn were superior..not at winning the State..Like I said..Lake Co has 2 State championships..about 3 or 4 State runnerups..numerous semi-final games.If I'm not mistaken..Either a West Tenn or Middle Tenn team plays an upper Middle Tenn or East Tenn team in the State Championship..So..since we/ve been to about 5 or 6 State championships..win or lose..we had to win against those teams,Moore Co..Springhill..East Robertson..etc. to get there..so I believe we've done pretty good..And Lake Co was only about 18 seconds from continuing their season last year ,having a 20-19 lead against J.C,S. before losing at the end..Give J.C.S. credit...no excuses..we lost..but J.C.S. did pretty good against those East and Middle Tenn teams..I believe they won both games by about 35 to 40 points..Doesn't seem to be better in Middle and East Tenn..Take the private schools out of the mix several years ago and I believe you would have seen more State championships from Lake Co and Bruceton!

Thanks to all of you for the concern. Tyler is getting there. He has strep throat now but he is still chugging along. Doctor did release him after a show down in the doctors office. (just kidding). He is not out of the woods yet. The prayers are the most important thing right now. Tyler is very strong headed.

I am very proud of our Rebels !!!! They all did a great job Friday night. Now to Bruceton.. YIKES.. One play at a time.

FIGHT HARD & PLAY HARD !! GO BIG RED.

we miss you Cory ..

Thanks for the update on Tyler. I"ve been wondering how he is coming along. I'm sure a lot of the rest of us have been wondering too.

Unfortunately we had a little rash of sickness and injuries a few weeks ago and we need everyone possible healthy and ready to go this season.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if it was apparent who eyeball was, we all know now. lol. It's her cooking that did him in. All that grease and flour and crap jeez you'd think she was treating chiggers. I knew eating that mess would wear any man down even someone as tough as Tyler. Bless his heart.

And Hamster predicting an undefeated season???? Yeah your speaking from emotion and not intelligence. Bruceton will be tough about 2 maybe 3 quarters, and better have Mckenzie beaten by then. Or it's lights out. Ya'll have a good week and let's enjoy this Friday Night contest.

And Rodent? Undefeated?

Goodluck this season to the rebels. i think you guys will run the table to a 10-0 season. Bruceton will be your only test in Single A. Until you get to MT. PLEASANT. There just isnt any quality teams in Single A. You guys would be a solid 2a team. So I think you guys have clear sailing until you get deep into the playoffs. If I were yall I would be upset over anything less than a trip to the boro.

This is no test - THIS WILL BE A EPIC BATTLE between two county rivals. One wlth a great tradition of excellence the other of a team trying to obtain the upper level of excellence. One has been a state champion and been to the championship three times. The Tigers have tbeen o the semi-finals nine times. The Rebels have been to the semi finals I believe three times with no trips to the finals. Two great towns! Two great groups of supporters. This could prove to be a game many will never forget. Heck, they actually could see each other again in the playoffs.

GO TIGERS!!!! Like I have said, you better get here early. The Tiger fans come out of the woodwork when a great game is about to be played.

Your like your town Tiger all Class... Looking forward for a good game and good Luck to our County Teams..even

The guys with them horses.....................

This is no test - THIS WILL BE A EPIC BATTLE between two county rivals. One wlth a great tradition of excellence the other of a team trying to obtain the upper level of excellence. One has been a state champion and been to the championship three times. The Tigers have tbeen o the semi-finals nine times. The Rebels have been to the semi finals I believe three times with no trips to the finals. Two great towns! Two great groups of supporters. This could prove to be a game many will never forget. Heck, they actually could see each other again in the playoffs.

GO TIGERS!!!! Like I have said, you better get here early. The Tiger fans come out of the woodwork when a great game is about to be played.

I'm thinkin' that I agree with you about tomorrow night's game. We'll be bringin' a herd ourselves!!!! This should have been the last regular season game of this year IMHO!! But, we take 'em as we get 'em..........huh!?

BTW, if ya'll are worried about having enough seating I'm sure we'd be glad to move the game over here to our new (sort of) stadium. We've got plenty of seating now!!! LOL

Lake Co won the State in 1980 and 1985..Went undefeated on one of those State championships..Bruceton knocked Lake Co out a couple times years ago and J.C.S. last year knocked Lake Co out..But..I I'm not going to go back and look at the post but I thought you said Middle and East Tenn were superior..not at winning the State..Like I said..Lake Co has 2 State championships..about 3 or 4 State runnerups..numerous semi-final games.If I'm not mistaken..Either a West Tenn or Middle Tenn team plays an upper Middle Tenn or East Tenn team in the State Championship..So..since we/ve been to about 5 or 6 State championships..win or lose..we had to win against those teams,Moore Co..Springhill..East Robertson..etc. to get there..so I believe we've done pretty good..And Lake Co was only about 18 seconds from continuing their season last year ,having a 20-19 lead against J.C,S. before losing at the end..Give J.C.S. credit...no excuses..we lost..but J.C.S. did pretty good against those East and Middle Tenn teams..I believe they won both games by about 35 to 40 points..Doesn't seem to be better in Middle and East Tenn..Take the private schools out of the mix several years ago and I believe you would have seen more State championships from Lake Co and Bruceton!

Can't miss an opportunity to correct a hs football sage. JCS beat MP by 28 pts. It was a 4 pt game at halftime b/f they blew it open. Then, they beat Friendship Christian by 1 touchdown.(19-12) The 2A-5A middle tn teams DOMINATED the West last year. I think that's what he was talking about. But you are right West tn has a STRONG TRADITION Particularly in 1A & 2A. You are dead on with most of your picks. You said Lewis Co. would beat MP by 2 or 3 tds and it was 19pts. gotta give some props for that. you seem to know your football. Good luck to Lake Co. They could surprise everybody like the young MP team did last year after starting slow.