McKenzie Football

cptjack34

can we stay on football topics. they have regular email for chatting. no offense

rebster,

They/we are on football topics. We're all friends from different towns and friendly trash talk is part of why we are friends. We for sure want to know the facts on our favorite teams and we'll get that off here also. I did my time on Rebel Field years ago and now, it's time for me to enjoy football, support the Rebels and heckle my friends on the other side of the field...........all in fun!!! At the same time we're all serious about football and our local teams.

When you are the same age as we are now, you will be doing the same thing we are if you are still around here. And we just might know just a LITTLE bit about football too. Mrbigster, tigers1, butchie and myself (and a whole bunch more that will show up before the season is over) are all good guys from a lot of different places. Each with our own style but, don't think for one minute that we don't take our local high school's football teams serious.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these things have to do with football..eating before or after the game..Lake Co losing..Bruceton's field..Huntington losing..If you want to talk about football only..go to Higs and talk to Butchie and Duckman on Saturday mornings..And wait until you have more than two posts..No offense!

bigster, nobody is likely to find Butchie OR myself at Hig's on any Sat. AM much less during football season!!!!! I usually don't get up 'till around noon after the "victory celebration"!!!!!!

Sorry man, couldn't help myself!!!

rebster,

They/we are on football topics. We're all friends from different towns and friendly trash talk is part of why we are friends. We for sure want to know the facts on our favorite teams and we'll get that off here also. I did my time on Rebel Field years ago and now, it's time for me to enjoy football, support the Rebels and heckle my friends on the other side of the field...........all in fun!!! At the same time we're all serious about football and our local teams.

When you are the same age as we are now, you will be doing the same thing we are if you are still around here. And we just might know just a LITTLE bit about football too. Mrbigster, tigers1, butchie and myself (and a whole bunch more that will show up before the season is over) are all good guys from a lot of different places. Each with our own style but, don't think for one minute that we don't take our local high school's football teams serious.

Very well said..Your're smarter than I thought you were..Some of Butchie's knowledge must have rubbed off...But you're right..I've been going to Lake Co football games for close to 40 years..good and bad..and haven't missed but a few games in that whole time..away and home..To Alcoa..Westmoreland..East Robertson..I'd be willing to bet that there's not anyone that's been to more Lake Co games than myself..that's still living...lol..If it is..you can count them on 1 hand ..And they would have to be 60 to 70 year old..So..you're right..Talk about your respective team..talk a little trash about our respective teams..hopefully in a good natured way..but let's have fun!I may talk trash a little bit about Bruceton..Union City..McKenzie..but it's all in fun..truth is..year in and year out..the teams in our district can compete with any Single A team in the State..I would imagine there's about 8 State championships won by our teams over the years and at least 8 State runner-ups..Not too bad!

bigster, nobody is likely to find Butchie OR myself at Hig's on any Sat. AM much less during football season!!!!! I usually don't get up 'till around noon after the "victory celebration"!!!!!!

I hope you have good health this year..It may not be many of those victory celebrations..!

Rebster,

Apparently your new to this Forum, but in time about mid-season you will come to realize that being a fan has a heritage. Now I'm not in the classification of Bigster or the Duck but a fan as well. And dinner plans, trash talking and chatting is a glorious part of CoachT to be enjoyed by all. Stick around as the season progresses and you will see till then ZIP IT.

Duck if you see me at Hig's I'm there to burn it.

I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a friend eating at Hig's.

I did not intend to offend you but I do not believe a young QB chooses to make mistakes. It is usually they way he is taught. Yes, I am not experienced on Coach T. Good luck to Mr. Carr and the Rebels.

Ok Prolaid, Try this thought, Though Carr is a talented young man. Wouldn't it be nice, sweet or even wonderful if he could grasp the importance of executing his job to the best of his ability. And take into consideration the effort that the other 10 players on offense are working to help him. And how he's letting his fellow teammates down when he does idiotic things like throwing a ball up for grabs in double and sometime triple coverage. Last yr you can say he was young a rookie maybe inexperienced. When the truth is he started pressing, and as usual he looked only for the deep ball. Sure French went down to injury, Freshman johnson was hurt as well. Bug's was winged a lil, and truth have it the short pass was availible to him all season and he chose to live or die with the deep pass. Kendall, Fuzzell, Smith,Tucker, and Melton were all taken out of the game because he chose to throw deep. So I have witnessed Coach yell at him on several occasions about not finding the open man. Here is something that will not take a rocket scientist to understand.

IT TAKES LONGER FOR A PLAY TO DEVELOPE DOWN FIELD. In the time he takes to wait for it to develope he could look at a few options over the middle, or the out routes. Short passes add to his yards as well. So if you have a Problem with Comer's coaching call him. But plz spare me coaching etiquet.

Ok Prolaid, Try this thought, Though Carr is a talented young man. Wouldn't it be nice, sweet or even wonderful if he could grasp the importance of executing his job to the best of his ability. And take into consideration the effort that the other 10 players on offense are working to help him. And how he's letting his fellow teammates down when he does idiotic things like throwing a ball up for grabs in double and sometime triple coverage. Last yr you can say he was young a rookie maybe inexperienced. When the truth is he started pressing, and as usual he looked only for the deep ball. Sure French went down to injury, Freshman johnson was hurt as well. Bug's was winged a lil, and truth have it the short pass was availible to him all season and he chose to live or die with the deep pass. Kendall, Fuzzell, Smith,Tucker, and Melton were all taken out of the game because he chose to throw deep. So I have witnessed Coach yell at him on several occasions about not finding the open man. Here is something that will not take a rocket scientist to understand.

IT TAKES LONGER FOR A PLAY TO DEVELOPE DOWN FIELD. In the time he takes to wait for it to develope he could look at a few options over the middle, or the out routes. Short passes add to his yards as well. So if you have a Problem with Comer's coaching call him. But plz spare me coaching etiquet.

For some reason I agree.

Now, yes you are absolutely right. There are areas of improvement. But we look mighty good. Hope Reeder gets back soon. I heard that Ellis might be out for the season. I hope not. and yes Carr has the same problem he had last year. I can sometimes pick his reciever before the ball is snapped. Hope coach gets him out of that. A good quarterback takes advantage of all his receiving corp, and from what I've seen, he has a good group. I have seen them all make nice catches. The Rebels do look promising this year though. We will see. Good Luck Rebels. I love the whipping you have put on these bigger schools so far.

The key words for the Rebels right now is Prayer.. Cory going down is a HUGE hurt.. It's the kids senior year and I pray he recovers in Gods' speed. Reeder on the other hand - problem is in the process of being taken care of. He had a bad week and hopefully we are on our way out of this mess. Sometimes God has to tear us down to make us better.. Look what happend at Huntingdon last year -- tornado warnings and all kinds of bad stuff going on and we WON !!! What does not kill you only makes you stronger. 2 more weeks until the season starts. I pray all will be on the line in good health ready to rumble.. Pray for these guys in this awful heat...

GO BIG RED !!! FIGHT HARD & PLAY HARD !!!

see ya at Crockett Co. (hopefully 58 will be suited up)

The key words for the Rebels right now is Prayer.. Cory going down is a HUGE hurt.. It's the kids senior year and I pray he recovers in Gods' speed. Reeder on the other hand - problem is in the process of being taken care of. He had a bad week and hopefully we are on our way out of this mess. Sometimes God has to tear us down to make us better.. Look what happend at Huntingdon last year -- tornado warnings and all kinds of bad stuff going on and we WON !!! What does not kill you only makes you stronger. 2 more weeks until the season starts. I pray all will be on the line in good health ready to rumble.. Pray for these guys in this awful heat...

GO BIG RED !!! FIGHT HARD & PLAY HARD !!!

see ya at Crockett Co. (hopefully 58 will be suited up)

Dear eyeball, God has already made his decision on all these matters so Pray on. lol And if Tyler would quit eating your cooking he'd feel alot better. I mean jeez eaze up on the grease and salt. You cook like your treating chigger bites. And don't use the what doesn't kill you speech when you serve that crap.

Dear eyeball, God has already made his decision on all these matters so Pray on. lol And if Tyler would quit eating your cooking he'd feel alot better. I mean jeez eaze up on the grease and salt. You cook like your treating chigger bites. And don't use the what doesn't kill you speech when you serve that crap.

For some reason I agree