McKenzie Football

cptjack34

I would say Mckenzie has a good chance of going far into the post season. But to go all the way and win State...some changes will have to be made. In the scrimmage yesterday against McNairy County , the Rebels showed signs of improvement in alot of areas. They had the upper hand most of the time and outscored them 4 to 2. The defense stepped up, even though they were missing some key players (Reeder, Ellis). The linebackers need to read the quarterback better. There were some short yardage plays that could have been snuffed if they had picked up the ball quicker, but they really did well overall. I really liked seeing the running backs hit the line full speed. I can't really see any area of improvement for them except just keep it up and keep pounding and give it that second effort after your hit, for It sure makes a difference in yardage gained. Carr looked good and is a very good quarterback except...... he still has tunnel vision. You can tell who he is going to throw to the minute the ball is snapped. He never takes his eyes off them. Good secondary will kill you on that mistake. I seen alot of open recievers yesterday that would have been good yardage but he tried to force it into areas that were covered. He will have to get out of that if he is going to play at the next level. It might cost a game or two if not careful. but overall, McKenzie looked like a team that is beginning to come together. Good Luck Rebels !!

I would say Mckenzie has a good chance of going far into the post season. But to go all the way and win State...some changes will have to be made. In the scrimmage yesterday against McNairy County , the Rebels showed signs of improvement in alot of areas. They had the upper hand most of the time and outscored them 4 to 2. The defense stepped up, even though they were missing some key players (Reeder, Ellis). The linebackers need to read the quarterback better. There were some short yardage plays that could have been snuffed if they had picked up the ball quicker, but they really did well overall. I really liked seeing the running backs hit the line full speed. I can't really see any area of improvement for them except just keep it up and keep pounding and give it that second effort after your hit, for It sure makes a difference in yardage gained. Carr looked good and is a very good quarterback except...... he still has tunnel vision. You can tell who he is going to throw to the minute the ball is snapped. He never takes his eyes off them. Good secondary will kill you on that mistake. I seen alot of open recievers yesterday that would have been good yardage but he tried to force it into areas that were covered. He will have to get out of that if he is going to play at the next level. It might cost a game or two if not careful. but overall, McKenzie looked like a team that is beginning to come together. Good Luck Rebels !!

Now, yes you are absolutely right. There are areas of improvement. But we look mighty good. Hope Reeder gets back soon. I heard that Ellis might be out for the season. I hope not. and yes Carr has the same problem he had last year. I can sometimes pick his reciever before the ball is snapped. Hope coach gets him out of that. A good quarterback takes advantage of all his receiving corp, and from what I've seen, he has a good group. I have seen them all make nice catches. The Rebels do look promising this year though. We will see. Good Luck Rebels. I love the whipping you have put on these bigger schools so far.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, yes you are absolutely right. There are areas of improvement. But we look mighty good. Hope Reeder gets back soon. I heard that Ellis might be out for the season. I hope not. and yes Carr has the same problem he had last year. I can sometimes pick his reciever before the ball is snapped. Hope coach gets him out of that. A good quarterback takes advantage of all his receiving corp, and from what I've seen, he has a good group. I have seen them all make nice catches. The Rebels do look promising this year though. We will see. Good Luck Rebels. I love the whipping you have put on these bigger schools so far.

Looking good Rebels. Let's take it all this year.

i agree on some points but we are a good team that I hope only gets better

can we stay on football topics. they have regular email for chatting. no offense

All these things have to do with football..eating before or after the game..Lake Co losing..Bruceton's field..Huntington losing..If you want to talk about football only..go to Higs and talk to Butchie and Duckman on Saturday mornings..And wait until you have more than two posts..No offense!

And Now I know this will be looked at by the nay-sayers as a weak team whippin but Mcnairy got all they wanted last night in the scrimmage with the Rebels. A whippin and a long ride home. Rusty Chapman put on a catching clinic, And Mcnairy found no room to run in the middle. They had a couple big runs on busted coverage but Coach Thomas was quick to point that out.

And would someone please Tell Derrick Carr that turn your head and heave it is not a good pass. The JCS game wasn't enough proof? Sure you look like a hero when someone from your team bails your butt out and runs under it. But when the other team gets under it is six points. You can throw the ball a mile son, You proved that last yr. Now show some sense and throw it short over the middle and out routes. And when it's there deep take it. Look at it this way, if your line is giving you enough time to heave it deep, surely to God you have enough time to find the short,{ High Completion } open reciever.

Good execution from the line last night, And the swarming of the Defense looked good as well. And Fuzzell, son your gonna hurt somebody yet, dang what hitter you are. I hope we play someone talented soon, cause things are looking good round here in Rebel Land.

Ok fingers are tired and subjects are running cold, Til next time, Go Rebels Go.

And Now I know this will be looked at by the nay-sayers as a weak team whippin but Mcnairy got all they wanted last night in the scrimmage with the Rebels. A whippin and a long ride home. Rusty Chapman put on a catching clinic, And Mcnairy found no room to run in the middle. They had a couple big runs on busted coverage but Coach Thomas was quick to point that out.

And would someone please Tell Derrick Carr that turn your head and heave it is not a good pass. The JCS game wasn't enough proof? Sure you look like a hero when someone from your team bails your butt out and runs under it. But when the other team gets under it is six points. You can throw the ball a mile son, You proved that last yr. Now show some sense and throw it short over the middle and out routes. And when it's there deep take it. Look at it this way, if your line is giving you enough time to heave it deep, surely to God you have enough time to find the short,{ High Completion } open reciever.

Good execution from the line last night, And the swarming of the Defense looked good as well. And Fuzzell, son your gonna hurt somebody yet, dang what hitter you are. I hope we play someone talented soon, cause things are looking good round here in Rebel Land.

Ok fingers are tired and subjects are running cold, Til next time, Go Rebels Go.

Mr Carr has excellent potential. The development of a QB takes time and is the direct responsibility of his coach. The Coach must understand and teach what to view on specific plays. To do otherwise is an aboration to the development of young men. Don't berate a young QB. Learn then teach....... When a QB performs poorly...It is usually poor play design. Fundamentals tend to deteriorate quickly during the heat of battle. Learn the fundamentals, drill them, then let the QB go! Mistakes are part of the developmental process. They can be minimized under close supervision. Mr. Carr is an excellent prospect and I wish him the best this year and years to come.

Mr Carr has excellent potential. The development of a QB takes time and is the direct responsibility of his coach. The Coach must understand and teach what to view on specific plays. To do otherwise is an aboration to the development of young men. Don't berate a young QB. Learn then teach....... When a QB performs poorly...It is usually poor play design. Fundamentals tend to deteriorate quickly during the heat of battle. Learn the fundamentals, drill them, then let the QB go! Mistakes are part of the developmental process. They can be minimized under close supervision. Mr. Carr is an excellent prospect and I wish him the best this year and years to come.

Excellent post there hemorroid.

Apparently you wasn't at the Mcnairy scrimmage, nor the Liberty , and apparently the whole last season. And by looking at your experience in Coach T your opinion is valuable as a snot sandwich.