TCA and USJ hosting West Tennessee 7 on 7!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the base of this thing is not really to show your o or d...its more to do mainly drills against another team...not really much "play" running...i would like to kno however which school will the line b at and which school will skill people b at?

It will be on Thursday, July 26. Teams will warm up at 4:30 PM and begin competing at 5:00 PM. The lineman challenge will be at TCA and the 7 on 7 will be at USJ. I'm not sure who all is going to be in it, but I do know that Northside, Southside, Haywood, TCA, USJ & JCS will be there.

I think this is a great idea! As far as letting others see your o and d...execution is what matters. it is going to be hard to trick any teams when they will have game film on you before you play. the only way it could affect a team is in it's first game...but being good at what you do is more important than "hiding" something from an opponet. Plus you don't have to show all you do. I think it is a good thing for football in the jackson area. Good luck to all involved...

We heard Bruceton was playing in that but I haveny spoken to any of the coaches or players to conform that.

TCA

USJ

Bruceton Central

Who else??????

What are the times and locations? Any word? There hasnt been anything on this in the paper.

Bruceton is planning on attending. They went to a 7 on 7 at USJ earlier in the year and said it was really challenging. Anything to get some extra work in preseason is good if you ask me.

It will be on Thursday, July 26. Teams will warm up at 4:30 PM and begin competing at 5:00 PM. The lineman challenge will be at TCA and the 7 on 7 will be at USJ. I'm not sure who all is going to be in it, but I do know that Northside, Southside, Haywood, TCA, USJ & JCS will be there.

I think this is a great idea! As far as letting others see your o and d...execution is what matters. it is going to be hard to trick any teams when they will have game film on you before you play. the only way it could affect a team is in it's first game...but being good at what you do is more important than "hiding" something from an opponet. Plus you don't have to show all you do. I think it is a good thing for football in the jackson area. Good luck to all involved...

I believe the places are backwards... TCA is hosting the backs... and usj is hosting the lineman? I think...

The 7 on 7 will be at USJ and the linemen will be at TCA. It has been said that there will be the two practice fields and a soccer field divided into two sections for the 7 on 7 passing scrimmage. So twelve teams will be playing at once.

Thats correct... I got mixed up, and i asked an FCA offical today. Starts at 5!!

being the first year this was done it was slightly flawed....not sure how the points worked in the lineman comp because you didnt face everybody...all in all good day...good fun competition...no injuries that i saw... as years prgress it will be more organized and probably more competative...i hate that this is the only year i get to do it...GO VIKINGS