The Match in the Patch

MOTO24

Jo Byrns vs. East Roberson in August; are you kidding me? This was my first thought when I seen the schedule. Has this ever happened before? One thing I know for sure is that it’s gonna be HOT!

I can see it now…I’ll be ten minutes late to the game because I’m going to get stuck behind somebody hauling 5 scaffold wagons of dark. Pull into a parking lot full of both freshly cleaned trucks and dust colored trucks with tabacca leaves hanging off the tailgate. Walk up to the gate with sunglasses on BECAUSE THE SUN IS STILL OUT! See all the honeys walking around with daisy dukes on (but I can’t look because their too young for me, oh and I’m married). The smell of hamburgers and hot dogs calling my name. The players are on the field warming up and competing to see which team can look the most FIRED UP! Get up to the field and start talking to somebody about the game, how hot it is, what they’ve been doing, how their crop is, etc. The teams finish warming up and head to the locker room. The coaches give one last pep talk and then send the captains out for probably their first time ever. It’s this years seniors “beginning of the end”. The captains leave the locker room…click, clack, click, clack, until they hit the field and then all is silent. “This is it man, this is our final shot, we’re seniors, it’s now or never”. The captains meet in the center of the field. Everybody’s chest is out, no smiles (except for the smart a$$)…the stare down begins. The refs say something that no one hears and then flips the coin. Somebody gets the ball, somebody chooses sides and then the captains exit the field. They meet back with their teams; tell the coaches the outcome of the coin toss; then make their way to the field as a TEAM. The banners are up, the air horns are screaming, the crowds are yelling and then BAM…the teams are ready to battle.

CAN YOU FEEL IT?

ARE YOU READY?

WHAT’S UP?

WHAT’S UP?

LET’S DO THIS!

Let the smack talk begin…

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Veinte, I just hope East paid the light bill this year! Goin' out to Cross Plains twice in one weekend is crazy. I want TWO halves of football in ONE night...though I would'nt trade the memories of the game 2 years ago for nothin'.

HMMM ! the Match in the Patch, should be a most anticipated game for both communities to kickoff the new season and for the seniors who will have bragging rights for life. Havent heard anything out of East as of yet, but Im sure some smack is on the way soon. The DEVILS begin the season rated no#6 in the coaches poll in 1A, and the Indians have the misfortune of lining up with the ABC's in 2A once again,this would be huge win if the Indians could muster up the upset and set the tone for the year for themselves or it could turn into a big win for the DEVILS to begin their march through the newly aligned reigon 5 1A on either hand what a great game for both to begin the 07 campaign. GO RED DEVILS !!!

moto that was a good topic starter by the way and its just to bad tht the game cant be at jobyrns this year because them trucks get that team PUMPED UP!!! oh and east what do u say that yall double check the transformers this year so we can play the game that night instead of that saturday =) good luck to both teams when it comes up and that best team shall have bragin rights again

What happened to the young ladd that ran the ball for East Robertson in the late 80's. I think his name was Woodard.

Curtis Woodard. Last I heard he still lives around here. As far as football, he didn't do much past high school. I was told he tried out for the Nashville Kats (1st time around) and made it but quit. I was also told he still plays in an amateur league around here. He's arguably the most talented football player to every play in Roberson Co...Just didn't have the desire (didn't like to practice) or smarts. Don't take all this to be truth, it's all second hand info.