Jefferson County Football (Fall Practice thread)

DZbettin

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 of the points, I think, came from the 2 and 3 string. Looked like the first string ran out of steam in the second quarter. Yea there is work to be done. Mostly blocking on the O line. Secondary got burnt a few times.

Like the last few years, good defense eventually wore out from being on the field too long. Offense has to help out or it could be a looooooooooooooong year. There were some plays there to be had but poor execution killed any chance of something getting going. Offense should maybe take a practice and do nothing but pass the football, looks like the 7-7's in the summer didn`t help a bit, at this point in the year timing and drops should not be such a big problem. Long looked shaky early passing, but once he got in the flow the passes were on the money they were just dropped. Brimmer II needs to get the guys on the jugg machine quick. BTW do we have any other routes for Stepp to run other than the fade?

Not even sure what to say about the run blocking, what we saw just won`t cut it bottom line. We won`t beat Campbell Co run blocking like that. D-line looked alot better than the scrimmage with Knox West until they wore out.# 40 needs to get his heads up and square up so he doesn`t whiff on so many tackles, he was in all the right spots just didn`t make the plays. Front 7 should be solid. Secondary would have been fine if they had a better scheme, putting 2 guys on 3 WR's is a recipe for disaster. I kept expecting a LB to drop when Farragut put trips on one side but it never happened and they completed passes doing that all night.

Can`t get to high or too low after scrimmages so I won`t say the season is doomed after tonight or that the season is destined for greatness after the Knox Central scrimmage. Farragut is a good football team so its hard to tell what ws out mistakes and what mistakes they forced us into. We have a lot to work on before the 24th thats for sure.

The most important thing this year I think will be persistence. This is the 4th different offensive package JC has run in the last 6 years. This isn't drawing plays up in the dirt, the veer offense is complicated. Cant get frustrated with early mistakes and bad performances.

The o line will pick up there blocks sometime just gotta stay with it and listen to what Coach Gut has to say.

Forgot to mention this yesterday, is there any chance we can get somone else to play center? Yeary is a heck of MLB now, I can only imagine him if 100% of his energy was focus on LB instead of center and everything else we have him doing. If not we're really going to have to monitor his PT so he's fresh in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Oh, and what the heck is Coack K doing coaching? I know Coach Anderson is kinda in a tough spot and can`t exactly say get the heck off my sideline, but geez someone should. Gave me eerie flashbacks to the last sad days of the Coach K regime.