Bill#49

Guns....you seem to want to pick a fight. You've also assumed a lot in your posts. Since you seem to have trouble understanding what I'm trying to say I'll break it down for you.

1. I did see with my own eyes yesterday afternoon Whitwell practicing in shorts, shoulder pads and helmets. When I first saw it they looked like they were in pants as well. So when I stopped down the road I called a "longtime friend who follows sports" and asked them if they knew the date for full pads. They said that was Monday which is what I was already sure of.

2. That friend said they were pretty sure could go in shorts, shoulder pads and helmets this week. However they did not say they looked it up in the rules.

3. I then drove back to the school and looked from the parking lot and I saw shorts. No pants with pads, just shorts.

4. I then left and didn't think about it again until it came up in this thread.

5. I posted what I thought I knew about the rule in this thread and exactly what I saw. I wasn't trying to clear anyone's name. I was just trying to give the info I thought was correct. If the info I gave was wrong then I must be the first person in the history of the Internet to post something wrong. Me and the idiots that send around that "Bill Gates is giving away his money" email. Please feel free to tar and feather me.

For the record....I did not call TSSAA. My expert is someone else. They also said they weren't positive but they were pretty sure shorts and pads were ok. They are not from Whitwell or Grundy County. They probably could care less if someone is doing something bad or not. They just have a great amount of knowledge about HS sports in TN and no it's not CoachT either.

If the practice was against the rules then one of you can call it in. I've never called anything in and I'm not starting now. If they broke the rules then let the chips fall where they may. If Ronnie Carter asks me what I saw I'll tell him.

I hope that's clear Guns. Now get off my back!

DL.

CRYSTAL

Why does it matter if Whitwell was in there shoulder pads or not... Are ya'll afraid because they might've had that day of practice with shoulder pads that Whitwell is going to be a powerhouse in 1A?

Yeah, this is pretty silly, the uproar over it. The only thing really is you have to establish that first day and enforce it, or teams will keep getting out earlier and earlier. That's with any sport and any school, not just this situation.

Announcements