Tennessee High vs. Dobyns-Bennett

Will this game be more competitive, closer, and exciting? Or will this game be strikingly similar to the past two. Tennessee should have a decent team this year, but they're very young. DB appears to be down this year (below their usual standards of course). Dobyns-Bennett will undoubtedly be tested with the preseason scrimmage against Maryville.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many unknowns about this game on both sides that it’s going to be hard to keep this thread going. I don’t think either side knows what to expect…from their own team or the other. Many possibilities but most untested. I’m not sure how DB fans feel but as a Viking I couldn’t think of a better team to start the 07’ season with. Even with the Indians being down (and I use that fraise loosely) chances are we won’t face a tougher challenge all regular season long when you take in consideration coaching and tradition. In my opinion a victory here will all but secure a conference championship game week 10 at South for the Vikings.

We will get to see if either coach has learned from their stuborn days of the past thats for sure. Will the Vikes coach continue to run 80% of the time and will the DB coach continue to pass 80% of the time???? If they do then it will be another disapointment for both. Either way I think this one game will go down to the last seconds and be won by 1 or 2 points. And I don't think a win or a loss will will have any affect on eithers season.

We will get to see if either coach has learned from their stuborn days of the past thats for sure. Will the Vikes coach continue to run 80% of the time and will the DB coach continue to pass 80% of the time???? If they do then it will be another disapointment for both. Either way I think this one game will go down to the last seconds and be won by 1 or 2 points. And I don't think a win or a loss will will have any affect on eithers season.

A lose for DB with their next 3 opponents will allow that monkey to start crawling up the back. A win at TnH will ease some of the pressure for the next couple of games. An 0-3 start and Coach T will have to start a new web site just for DB. This season will be a true coaching challenge for DB unlike any prior years.

I like that Tennessee runs the ball, but when they elect to run it on 3rd and 36 I think that's a bit excessive. In my opinion, Tennessee High and DB will have to balance the run and the pass to get where they want this season. Hopefully the upcoming scrimmages will shed some light on these issues.

A lose for DB with their next 3 opponents will allow that monkey to start crawling up the back. A win at TnH will ease some of the pressure for the next couple of games. An 0-3 start and Coach T will have to start a new web site just for DB. This season will be a true coaching challenge for DB unlike any prior years.

Great Post! .....................Please keep them coming.

This game might be one of the most boring games of the year, not because one team is way better than the other its just cause TN high runs the ball all the time and they never score on us like that and cause graham will try to throw the ball all the time and we wont move the ball that way either so dont look for DB to score 45 or 41 this year against TN high maybe more like 14 or 21. but db will win

Is everyone 100% sure that all Clark is gonna do this year is pass the ball? Has anyone been to practice and seen them running mostly passes? Or is everyone just gathering this information from the passing camps... you know... where the idea is to work on the passing game? Just curious

Is everyone 100% sure that all Clark is gonna do this year is pass the ball? Has anyone been to practice and seen them running mostly passes? Or is everyone just gathering this information from the passing camps... you know... where the idea is to work on the passing game? Just curious

I haven't been to a single practice. Im going with what I've seen for the past several years. Graham has let alot of good talented running backs go to waste. Flanary was the last running back to see much action out of the backfield. I still can't get over last year and the non-use of Barns and Sylvester. These two could of had 1,000 yrds each at any school.

This game might be one of the most boring games of the year, not because one team is way better than the other its just cause TN high runs the ball all the time and they never score on us like that and cause graham will try to throw the ball all the time and we wont move the ball that way either so dont look for DB to score 45 or 41 this year against TN high maybe more like 14 or 21. but db will win

The most excitement will be trying to get to the game. Pretty smart having a game 2 blocks from the biggest redneck parade in America. May have to go at noon just to get across Vol. Pkwy.The no huddle offense DB will be running may be exciting to see if they can get the play off without a delay penalty. In college the no huddle prevents the D from putting in specialty players for the situation. I'm not sure High School teams have that many "specialty players" that come and go on the field. Typically the sub is give a player a rest, not because of his pass rushing.

Did any of you stop to think that Coach Graham simple exploits his strengths? Think about it...look at the QB WR combinations that DB has had the last three years. Now weigh those combinations with the backs that they have had the last Three years. It really should be that simple. Sure you have to balance it out but the pendulum will always lean to the strong side. I’m not a DB football scholar but I do remember the backfield you had last year. Barns was good but he was FAR from being a featured back in anybodies book or backfield...and Sylvester was green and hadn’t matured physically (he was tossed around like a sack of potatoes against THS). On the other side of the pendulum you had Sensabaugh that not only was the best athlete on the team but was probably the fastest WR in this region…and on the other side you had Throp the playmaker. And to me Burton looked better than Phillips did against THS. Then again with Sensabaugh, all you have to do is throw it long and deep. I wish you DB fans would quit second guessing one of the premier high school coaches in the state. All of the winning is getting redundant!