Tennessee High vs. Dobyns-Bennett

How did the "no huddle" offense look for DB? I am kinda curious to hear responses to see maybe if that might have been the reason for 1 completion.

[/quot

I would call it a delayed no-huddle offence. It probably was the reason for the one pass completion and the bad snaps. It seemed to take just as long between plays as it would of using the huddle. Tennessee High was still able to get players in and out of the game and set their defence. So the no-huddle helped Tennesse High and hurt DB in my opinion.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sylvester is a fine running back and may be the beter of the two ,but nowhere near the threat to run away from a defense.If you don't think so,watch the kids race during the week.On a 40 yard dash,you could put 3 or 4 Number 70"s {Dylan-385 pounds}behind Hogg with a space left fore Sylvester finishes the race. I have heard Sylvester's brother has moved up to be his backup,he is a hard hitting dog- back, but you could park a band bus behind Hogg before he crossed in a 40 yard race.

Gassers at the end of practice dont really tell who is the fastest. I liked seeing 33 and 45 in the backfield at the same time last night. Some speed with 33 and 45 running like the old offense. The couple of times they had those 2 beside the QB, it made the LB's read who might get the ball. Move up under center some, keep 33 and 45 and add 15 back in the mix. If you are going to run an option then run it other than from the shot gun. I was really suprised no delay penalties with the no huddle. The no huddle didnt appear to give any advantage to DB, maybe a breather to TnH. They just stood and waited to see if they needed to adjust and never did except for when a player went in motion. On the muffed x-point, TnH started the play with only 8 players with 3 running on at the very last second. Glad that didnt come back to haunt DB.

Gassers at the end of practice dont really tell who is the fastest. I liked seeing 33 and 45 in the backfield at the same time last night. Some speed with 33 and 45 running like the old offense. The couple of times they had those 2 beside the QB, it made the LB's read who might get the ball. Move up under center some, keep 33 and 45 and add 15 back in the mix. If you are going to run an option then run it other than from the shot gun. I was really suprised no delay penalties with the no huddle. The no huddle didnt appear to give any advantage to DB, maybe a breather to TnH. They just stood and waited to see if they needed to adjust and never did except for when a player went in motion. On the muffed x-point, TnH started the play with only 8 players with 3 running on at the very last second. Glad that didnt come back to haunt DB.

Gassers or off season work outs,it doesn't matter. Number 45 and 18 along with a JV player are the only true Fullbacks on DB's team that I've seen.You need these kind of guys and not 150 pound types to go straight ahead and sometimes just stay back and block. Hogg and taylor run big, but they are not like the hard hitting linebackers we had last year that could rip you when they were at FB.