Tennessee High vs. Dobyns-Bennett

DB is still DB. They find ways to win. But is this true - One (1) Pass????? Missed the game. Went to see SHHS at South instead. I just dont care for parking at the castle in Bristol, especially on race weekend. Too old for crowds at this point.

It was probably easier getting in to the castle than Death Valley. No traffic going or coming out. Easy parking one street over except for the shirtless redneck on the corner who said we could not park "on the road in the front of his house". But could park in his yard for $5. Decide to park one house down and still had 4 tires when I came out. The heat and the game being televised kept some of the crowd away.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two very impressive defenses.

Both offenses are a little behind but:

THS looked tough in their double wing offense. Looked like this scheme matched their personal well. They also threw the ball well at times. And #31 was flying on the toss that was called back on the holding call (which was).

#10 was impressive for DB at QB. Struggled to throw it though.

#15 had a god game in the DB secondary. The two DB corners seemed to be small.

Both teams IMO will be ok.

At times it took 2 tackling and one riding to bring down Baker. Not only are the corners small, but the LBs too (except for 18 and 33 plays large). They appeared to be not big enough or strong enough to tackle a good runner. 15 will have a good game every game, maybe the best athlete and hardest hitter on the team. The DB kicker will have to win several more games for them if they can not complete more than one (lucky) pass from the shot gun. If they can get past the next few weeks and get their 4 injured starters back, they could be OK for the easy games in the second half of the season.

We had some players that looked great tonight. 65 {Bateman} and78 {preston} on the D-line. 18{kilgore}middle LB . On offense Hogg and 33{taylor}, and some more good play from other players.. It was an exciting game that either team could have won.Now the bad and I won't sugar coat it . We have to improve our passing game,it was ugly.On defense, a team with a big FB blocking can take us out at the outside linebackers spot. If not for the small and quick D-line and some lucky timing on the blitz in the second half ?.A team with a big wide out can burn the small db's as well,there was to much single coverage and even with all the db's back on the last play,we were a step away from an 0-1 start.

You are right but, I didn't think the offense looked too impressive last night... like I said Hogg was doing the most damage and Dukart had a good run, but the others were struggling on picking up any kind of yardage... We definitely need to work on our passing game, although the one pass that was completed was very much needed. Kilgore did a great job hustling and making some key tackles. Overall good game by the Indians... look forward to watching this upcoming season!

I can't believe no one has mentioned that Sylvester didn't even dress out last night for DB. He's one of the best athletes in East Tn. and definatly one of the best running backs. I understand he has a problem with a ankle. Not sure if he'll be ready to go against WB.

Would he have shared time with Hogg? And have Hogg mostly on d? Hogg said that Clark planned to start him at hb even before Sylvester's injury.

Would he have shared time with Hogg? And have Hogg mostly on d? Hogg said that Clark planned to start him at hb even before Sylvester's injury.

Hogg said that Clark planned to "use" him at halfback not "start" him at halfback. Hogg hasn't played that position since Middle School. Sylvester is the better running back and should get the bulk of carries when he gets back. I guess with the injury to Sylvester and with Mcnew quiting the team it has left them a little thin at that position.

Hogg said that Clark planned to "use" him at halfback not "start" him at halfback. Hogg hasn't played that position since Middle School. Sylvester is the better running back and should get the bulk of carries when he gets back. I guess with the injury to Sylvester and with Mcnew quiting the team it has left them a little thin at that position.

I'm sure JS didn't dress because GC figures the season doesn't hinge on a win/loss vs. TN High and he figures there are bigger games coming up that he will be needed for. But I'm concerned that it may not matter having a healthy Sylvester or Hogg or whoever in the backfield without the threat of some kind of passing attack. 1 completion in an entire game? And what was the problem with all the bad snaps last night?

Congratulations to DB…you did what you had to do to get the W. I agree with the popular opinion that both teams are better than advertised. The opening kickoff was just too much for the Vikings to overcome…and I think the opening kickoff was a good example of the youth of our team. Most of these kids have heard the tales but have never gone to war with the Mighty Indians of DB so I feel they were a little gun-shy coming out of the box. After that initial contact the game was on. Two good and improving defenses took on two not so good but improving offenses. Both teams will do well from here but DB will have a much tougher time in there conference than the Vikings will this year. If the Vikings can build from here I see a possible barn burner in Death Valley coming up in November.

Sylvester is a fine running back and may be the beter of the two ,but nowhere near the threat to run away from a defense.If you don't think so,watch the kids race during the week.On a 40 yard dash,you could put 3 or 4 Number 70"s {Dylan-385 pounds}behind Hogg with a space left fore Sylvester finishes the race. I have heard Sylvester's brother has moved up to be his backup,he is a hard hitting dog- back, but you could park a band bus behind Hogg before he crossed in a 40 yard race.

Sylvester is a fine running back and may be the beter of the two ,but nowhere near the threat to run away from a defense.If you don't think so,watch the kids race during the week.On a 40 yard dash,you could put 3 or 4 Number 70"s {Dylan-385 pounds}behind Hogg with a space left fore Sylvester finishes the race. I have heard Sylvester's brother has moved up to be his backup,he is a hard hitting dog- back, but you could park a band bus behind Hogg before he crossed in a 40 yard race.

I really don't care who runs the ball. If they can put a back in there that can gain 100 yrds. per game I will be happy. Hogg did that last night and if he can continue with the limited number of carries that he will probably get that will be great.