Tennessee High vs. Dobyns-Bennett

Will this game be more competitive, closer, and exciting? Or will this game be strikingly similar to the past two. Tennessee should have a decent team this year, but they're very young. DB appears to be down this year (below their usual standards of course). Dobyns-Bennett will undoubtedly be tested with the preseason scrimmage against Maryville.

DB is not only challenged by Maryville they ussally get thier tails beat

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the scrimmages DB has participated in thus far they have played up to their foes caliber. We seem to forget that the point of a scrimmage is not always to win, its to evaluate. Yes, there are alot of question marks, it seems there are alot in the Big East this year. Rumor has it both DB and Sevier County, the usual #1 and #2 seeds are down, Science Hill is on the up and coming but who really knows how far up the ladder they have come with their new coach, Knox Bearden has improved tremendously in a year yet in a tumultuous Knoxville who in upper east Tennessee really knows their level of play, Knox Karns is rebuilding with numbers with more boys out to play this year than last and with a new coach is looking positive but again who in this area really knows their level of play, Jefferson County has high hopes in looking to rebound from last years season and the Patriots can do nothing but improve this year, Campbell County seems to be the regular cellur dweller. These scrimmages do give us an idea, yet we cant base too much on them. Tennessee High will come to play as usual, as will DB. I definatley prefer this game over the usual opener with Sullivan South. I think the two teams are more equal this year than they have been in recent years. It seems it will come down to coaching and game plans. I think the game will be decided by 7-14 points with DB as the victor.

Roll Tribe.

As well, the Knox Central scrimmage on Friday and the Maryville scrimmage next Wednesday should provide enough information to make a decision a educated decision but I think the talent level on both Central and Maryville may be above both Tennessee High and DB.

We've been here before. DB will not look good in either scrimmage or any of their first four games. Game 5 and on will be "Sweeeet".

In the scrimmages DB has participated in thus far they have played up to their foes caliber. We seem to forget that the point of a scrimmage is not always to win, its to evaluate. Yes, there are alot of question marks, it seems there are alot in the Big East this year. Rumor has it both DB and Sevier County, the usual #1 and #2 seeds are down, Science Hill is on the up and coming but who really knows how far up the ladder they have come with their new coach, Knox Bearden has improved tremendously in a year yet in a tumultuous Knoxville who in upper east Tennessee really knows their level of play, Knox Karns is rebuilding with numbers with more boys out to play this year than last and with a new coach is looking positive but again who in this area really knows their level of play, Jefferson County has high hopes in looking to rebound from last years season and the Patriots can do nothing but improve this year, Campbell County seems to be the regular cellur dweller. These scrimmages do give us an idea, yet we cant base too much on them. Tennessee High will come to play as usual, as will DB. I definatley prefer this game over the usual opener with Sullivan South. I think the two teams are more equal this year than they have been in recent years. It seems it will come down to coaching and game plans. I think the game will be decided by 7-14 points with DB as the victor.

Roll Tribe.

Thats how its gone for DB. IF they can field any simblence of a team then they are favored in the weak region. Same for THS. Their 2A move-up region is going to see THS or South win it most any year. Maybe because they're good but most likely because the region is so weak. Notice what happens to both these regions in the playoffs. THS has made the semis once in 30+ years and DB just chokes every year.

Thats how its gone for DB. IF they can field any simblence of a team then they are favored in the weak region. Same for THS. Their 2A move-up region is going to see THS or South win it most any year. Maybe because they're good but most likely because the region is so weak. Notice what happens to both these regions in the playoffs. THS has made the semis once in 30+ years and DB just chokes every year.

"Zero Three", Before this season starts I just gotta' know, Are you gonna' be a Tennessee High Fan this year or are you waiting until their good again to jump on the band wagon?