Ooltewah/Walker Valley scrimmage

OwlPride

The first thing that jumps out at you is the number of great athletes playing for Ooltewah. They have four sophomores staring on defense but all are incredibly gifted. It's just a matter of time before Ooltewah wins a state title and garners alot of D-I interest. Remember the names Johnny Myricks and Sammy Seamster. These guys run sub 4.5 forties as juniors.

As far as the scrimmage is concerned, I felt Conner Pepping helped himself the most, although Reed played well for a sophomore not familiar with the system. I'm not ready to concede that qb will be a strength, but it's a relief to see that they're making fewer mistakes that will get you beat. Granted, we're also talking about Walker Valley which is light years behind Ooltewah in terms of athleticism, but they competed and played hard.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah has speed speed and more speed. Marshall looked fantastic. He is gonna be hard to stop this year. He also seems a step quicker and faster this year which is hard to believe. QB's will be ok. Thankfully Ooltewah will have an extra week to work with the QB's this year. Defensive line is big and athletic.

The first thing that jumps out at you is the number of great athletes playing for Ooltewah. They have four sophomores staring on defense but all are incredibly gifted. It's just a matter of time before Ooltewah wins a state title and garners alot of D-I interest. Remember the names Johnny Myricks and Sammy Seamster. These guys run sub 4.5 forties as juniors.

As far as the scrimmage is concerned, I felt Conner Pepping helped himself the most, although Reed played well for a sophomore not familiar with the system. I'm not ready to concede that qb will be a strength, but it's a relief to see that they're making fewer mistakes that will get you beat. Granted, we're also talking about Walker Valley which is light years behind Ooltewah in terms of athleticism, but they competed and played hard.

what do you mean qb wont br a strength? qb is always a strength, on every team i ve ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooltewah has speed speed and more speed. Marshall looked fantastic. He is gonna be hard to stop this year. He also seems a step quicker and faster this year which is hard to believe. QB's will be ok. Thankfully Ooltewah will have an extra week to work with the QB's this year. Defensive line is big and athletic.

I know you dont keep score ,but if you did what do you think the score was?

Holy S#@T!!! was it that loppsided? How did they score(more run or more pass)

What would the OWLS possibly get out of a srimmage with Walker Valley? Everybody is talking state championship and D-1 players. Walker Valley is not competitive in it's 4A region. Looks like they may be dodging great competetion in order to get better. Plenty of other talented teams in the area to scrimmage.

Coach Monroe is friends with Coach Lockerby. Coach Lockerby called and asked Coach Monroe if they could come down and practice with them. I wouldn't call it an actual scrimmage. They didn't keep score.

What would the OWLS possibly get out of a srimmage with Walker Valley? Everybody is talking state championship and D-1 players. Walker Valley is not competitive in it's 4A region. Looks like they may be dodging great competetion in order to get better. Plenty of other talented teams in the area to scrimmage.

They arent dodging anybody or anything,sometimes you have to scrimmage lower caliber teams to work out the kinks w/ younger players or inexperinced qbs,I m guessing but thier next scrimmage will be alittle bet better and the next one even tougher, because its hard to run your own offense vs your own defense,cause they know what you going to do..,..alsosome coaches play bigger teams to toughen up thier own players. I know some of the big atlanta area teams scrimmage small schools just to play all thier underclassmen when they cant get jv or freshman games.

Coach Monroe is friends with Coach Lockerby. Coach Lockerby called and asked Coach Monroe if they could come down and practice with them. I wouldn't call it an actual scrimmage. They didn't keep score.

No, Coaches Monroe & Gatewood asked for the scrimmage at a track meet in the spring at WV. I heard the whole thing. Why would the possible 5A state champs want to go against an 0-10 4A team??????? Not sure, but OHS looked great, and WV is light years ahead of where it was last year.......just maybe not against Ooltewah.

THis wasn't a game guys. It was a controlled scrimmage/practice. It was both teams first scrimmage. When I played at Ooltewah we scrimmaged Boyd Buchanan every year for our first scrimmage. Monroe knows what he is doing. I really wouldn't question why he scrimmaged Walker Valley.