William Blount looks impressive

OwlPride

I looked up the other appearances in Playoffs of Region 2 teams. Actually though the region realignment has only included the Chattanooga portion of the region did not begin until 2001 and that was the previous year OR did not make the playoffs. Anyway, these are the playoff appearances since the re-alignment of the regions.

Ooltewah - 5

Wm Blount - 5

McMinn Co. - 4

Oak Ridge - 4

Farragut - 3

Heritage and Bradley Central have not made any playoff appearances.

Now, I am not disputing that Wm. Blount has made 7 of 8 playoffs, but I am saying that the teams in the region were different prior to 01.

Outstanding research. WB missed in Meadow's first year when they started 0-7...2004.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason WB does not usually stand out is that they always finish 3rd or 4th and usually just play one round in the playoffs with the exception of the 2 wins over DB. It's all about how you define consistency. Obviously being only 3 or 4 miles from Maryville and Alcoa, simply making the playoffs doesn't stick in too many people's minds.

OR also missed the playoffs in 2000.

From 2000 to 2006 Ooltewah leads Wm. Blount 4 games to 2.

Hope WB makes it 4 games to 3 on Sept. 21 st. I'm sure it will be a battle. It will be a good travel year for the Govs. Longest run will be to Soddy Daisy but then Ooltewah, Maryville, Farragut, and Oak Ridge back to back makes for a tough month.

I looked up the other appearances in Playoffs of Region 2 teams. Actually though the region realignment has only included the Chattanooga portion of the region did not begin until 2001 and that was the previous year OR did not make the playoffs. Anyway, these are the playoff appearances since the re-alignment of the regions.

Ooltewah - 5

Wm Blount - 5

McMinn Co. - 4

Oak Ridge - 4

Farragut - 3

Heritage and Bradley Central have not made any playoff appearances.

Now, I am not disputing that Wm. Blount has made 7 of 8 playoffs, but I am saying that the teams in the region were different prior to 01.

What about Soddy-Daisy? I guess they got the other playoff spots. The total only adds up to 21. Is this from 2001-2006? Does S-D have the other 3 spots? I remember (vaguely) when the Region first included the Chattanooga teams, that S-D might have been a little ahead of Ooltewah at that time, then they fell off. Is this correct.