Farragut v. Knox West

CU06

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooo boy ..yessir.....lets see.....

On one hand you have Farragut...big boys..5A..perennial playoff contender... always producing D1 talent..tought and fast.....

Then you have West...just recently put on the map..especially last year with the defeat of both Central and Powell...both convincing wins....as well as a playoff route of Cleveland......one word can sum this team up.....SPEED!

Farragut's recent track record of 4A teams..especially 3-4A teams is definately subpar... over the past 4 years i believe they are (correct me if im wrong someone) like 2-4... the most recent that comes to memory is the powell farragut of 1 year ago were powell routed the admirals...

As i have said before West has SPEED and a abundance of it at that..few if any teams in Knox county ..much less east tennessee would be able to keep up w/ them.....defense will definately be a factor in this game and going against what most people think...this will be a low scoring heavy weight bout....the run game will have to hold up for any team to score points...Farragut has Andre a quick and at time punishing back who can beat you with speed..and with power if need be.... West has a group of running backs who can come at you from all different aspects....

The keys for Farragut will be not to let West get to the outside...

Keys for West will be their front seven and how physical they want to be... and how quick..if at all they can wear down Andre....

My prediction

West 20

Farrgut 14

West gets the edge baesd on the record of 3-4A w/ Farragut..and the speed West has in getting to the ball...as well as depth @ skill positions and D-line

On a side note West did defeat Farragut in the passing leauge @ UT..(and no BS about them not having all of their players...i dont care how good you are..2 or 3 ppl cannot make up a 4 TD difference..)...good luck to both teams on a good game and a good season..

It is football season and we are talking football speed. I do and have taken up for the West Track team being the best that is around. As far a football speed Fulton wins hands down. I guess you will witness it during the Jamboree like you said. Remember that the Jamboree only consist of a Quarter of play. All those Fulton athletes will not be participating in the action. Like Kickoff Return, Kickoff, Punt Return, Punt, not to mention the depth of kids playing in a full game.

Farragut takes west to the wood shed. Yes west has speed, but i have never seen a QB complete a pass to a speedy receiver from his back. Farragut has the mules up front and dont discount there speed. They have the return of a stud TB and a quality passing attack. Just enough that you cant put 8 in the box to stop the run...If you do, watch out for the pass, they can complete it all the way down the field....look how they did at the 7on7 passing league at UT....Good enough to go to California and play. So you have to play them straight up and even though West has made progress, they are not up to that standard year in and year out.

I am not discounting what the coach at West has done, because I do believe he has made positive strides....But this one will be won in the fourth quarter where those big boys have been pushing against you the whole game and I think that down the stretch West will fade. This is just an opinion. It should be fun to watch!