Volunteer Falcons

GC_Quincy

Thats is by far one of the dumbest comment you could have put as a part of both teams last year I take that kinda offensive cause one you saying the football team can't tackle and I'm think Jordan (#64 mlb) had like 100 and some tackles Travis (#19 LB) had like 70 or so and both me (Ed #25 last season) and Robbie (#20 olb) had right at 70 tackles so i know thats not the case and that is just linebackers not d-line. Then it comes to the basketball i was one of the big men down in the post and yes we played hard but i don't recall coach EVER telling or teaching us how to tackle so just thought i would through that out there...

On a better note Good luck boys I'm going to try to make it down there but with a game this Saturday i don't know what i have going on Friday night so if i don't best of luck to both coaches and players. D play hard bust em in the mouth football like i know coach hastings is teaching everyday in practice. O just go out and RUN IT UP THE MIDDLE as Ronnie would say! ha ha best of luck from down here in Emory!

-Ed Smith

Good to hear from you Ed. Hope all is well with you this season as well. Sure wish we had you on the Defense again this year. Team has looked good so far but its for real tomorrow night.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its game day its the day where all the practices all the hard work comes together i know you boys are just checking off the hours till kick off. I know how it is at volunteer on game day just as well call off school cause not a dang person is worried about its all about you going to the game and ever player is asked at least once we going to win? Well boys i know coach rider and the coaching staff put in long hours for the game plan and you have put in hours over the spring summer and fall so go out and bust um up if i get out of our walk through for our game tomorrow down here I'll be there make me glad to be a falcon good luck both teams but I'm going all falcons like i will all season long!

Falcons 28-7

-Ed Smith

Tough loss Friday. East has very good skilled position players and are well coached. Hats off to them.

Looked like a lot of first game miscues that I'm sure we can eliminate. I saw a lot of things that our fans should still be excited about.

Five Rivers play starts next Fri. and that's when it really gets important. Good Luck against them Newport Fighting Chickens, always a tough place to play.

GO FALCONS!!!!!

Yes, tough loss friday night.....It's sad that the excitement of the game was taken away by the officals alone (17 penalties - 11 volunteer, 6 east). I'm not saying that we didn't deserve some of the calls, but come on. Hold your head up guys, we are still a great football team that just got some bad breaks last friday. Our season goal starts this weak when conference play kicks off.

Yes, tough loss friday night.....It's sad that the excitement of the game was taken away by the officals alone (17 penalties - 11 volunteer, 6 east). I'm not saying that we didn't deserve some of the calls, but come on. Hold your head up guys, we are still a great football team that just got some bad breaks last friday. Our season goal starts this weak when conference play kicks off.

4life, I know your a big falcon fan and I am too and we all hate to go through a tough loss with the quality team that I think we have. Please don't give any non-falcon posters any fuel by complaining or suggesting officiating was solely responsible for fridays loss. I've been to many high school games over the years in all sports and I have come to the conclusion that you just have to deal with the quality you get and hope it sometimes goes your way. I saw several calls friday that I didn't agree with against both teams. I don't know if the holding penalty that brought the TD run by Shane back was a good call or not, we all know you could call holding on every play. My gripe on that is whether you start knit picking at that time in the game.

Bottom line is we made a lot of mistakes that were very visible including some obvious penalties (things we will improve on I'm sure) and their skilled players, especially their QB, who took charge in the 4th quarter and pretty much single-handedly beat us.

I really think our team will have a memorable year and as the year goes by people will see that we lost to a pretty good football in Sullivan East and I think they are very well coached although I'm not much of a Ralph Nelson fan after the little stunt he pulled against us in 2004.

GO FALCON!!!!!

4life, I know your a big falcon fan and I am too and we all hate to go through a tough loss with the quality team that I think we have. Please don't give any non-falcon posters any fuel by complaining or suggesting officiating was solely responsible for fridays loss. I've been to many high school games over the years in all sports and I have come to the conclusion that you just have to deal with the quality you get and hope it sometimes goes your way. I saw several calls friday that I didn't agree with against both teams. I don't know if the holding penalty that brought the TD run by Shane back was a good call or not, we all know you could call holding on every play. My gripe on that is whether you start knit picking at that time in the game.

Bottom line is we made a lot of mistakes that were very visible including some obvious penalties (things we will improve on I'm sure) and their skilled players, especially their QB, who took charge in the 4th quarter and pretty much single-handedly beat us.

I really think our team will have a memorable year and as the year goes by people will see that we lost to a pretty good football in Sullivan East and I think they are very well coached although I'm not much of a Ralph Nelson fan after the little stunt he pulled against us in 2004.

GO FALCON!!!!!

A bad call is a bad call no getting around it, and for some reason these happen at all games some more than others.

Too bad there is so instant replay and review. the bad calls cannot take away the fact that the Falcons are a quality

team and the mistakes will be reckoned with this week I am sure. Putting all of the quotes aside lets go out

and win the game Friday night, take one game at a time . GO FALCONS

A bad call is a bad call no getting around it, and for some reason these happen at all games some more than others.

Too bad there is so instant replay and review. the bad calls cannot take away the fact that the Falcons are a quality

team and the mistakes will be reckoned with this week I am sure. Putting all of the quotes aside lets go out

and win the game Friday night, take one game at a time . GO FALCONS

Oh, come on. It's the same complaint every time the Falcons lose...the refs. It must always be the refs I guess. What about mental mistakes and bad play calling? Not that there was bad play calling in this game, but those kinds of things happen in football games. I'm wondering what the excuse might be next week if Cocke County defeats VHS. Will it be the refs again? Probably.

Cocke County - 14

Cocke County Refs- 14

Volunteer - 21