Volunteer Falcons

GC_Quincy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That 44-16 arse kickin you guys got 30+ years ago still burns, eh? Let it go man.

Ha Ha Most people on coacht were not even born yet when that happened. Besides, anybody that does remember forgot about it the last time DB and Gate City scrimmaged. It was like scrimmaging a Middle School. And you-all won State that year. (well half the state anyway)

Ha Ha Most people on coacht were not even born yet when that happened. Besides, anybody that does remember forgot about it the last time DB and Gate City scrimmaged. It was like scrimmaging a Middle School. And you-all won State that year. (well half the state anyway)

It WAS the middle school. Didn't want to bring the high school for another 44-16 whoopin!

It WAS the middle school. Didn't want to bring the high school for another 44-16 whoopin!

Thats not true. The team Gate City brought over that year was in their late 20's. The Middle School players are in their early 20's. I saw the team bus sitting in front of the Pub downtown after the scrimmage.

Thats not true. The team Gate City brought over that year was in their late 20's. The Middle School players are in their early 20's. I saw the team bus sitting in front of the Pub downtown after the scrimmage.

Well, I assume you mean the '97 team of Housewright, Beasley (NFL players) and Shoemaker (went on to play D1A basketball at Wake Forest but had offers for D1A football. I doubt they looked like a middle school team. So, my guess is, it WAS the middle school!

Falcon Faithful,

Let us know how the scrimmage goes against Gate City. I don't read the Kingsport Times News, so I don't hear much about Southwest Virginia.

I think you have Sullivan South at Volunteer next week for a scrimmage if i'm right...?

I'm also used to the Falcon faithful being a bit more vocal on CoachT at this point...where's everybody? Do you need someone to stir things first? LOL! O.K. then, tell Irish that the columbia Blue and Grey jersey has been fitted and ordered for Trent for this coming roundball season... Just kidding.... great kid.

Well, I assume you mean the '97 team of Housewright, Beasley (NFL players) and Shoemaker (went on to play D1A basketball at Wake Forest but had offers for D1A football. I doubt they looked like a middle school team. So, my guess is, it WAS the middle school!

The 1997 Gate City Blue Devils beat the Vikings 14-10. That was the same year Tennessee High defeated DB.

What year did DB and Gate City scrimmage?

Shoemaker was a senior in the '96 football season. That was a big quarterback at 6'9".

They scrimmaged in the '97 football season, and Jake Housewright was on the field. And yes it was the same year that TN High beat DB, without their Head Coach present for the game. And the scrimmage actually was one quarter long because it was a 4 way scrimmage with I wanna say Morristown West and Knox Halls, but don't quote me on those two teams. The quarter long scrimmage played against Gate City ended 21-21.