Smyrna @ MBA

skip216

Sarcasm, buddy.

I had no idea that coaches share film and info. Sounds like cheating to me.

Sorry to hear the scrimmage won't happen. You would think they could push it back to 7:00 and play. So, what does Smyrna do? Practice in the gym? Is this for all Rutherford County schools?

Anyone know what MBA's practice schedule has been like?

yes all county schools

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA practices in the evening at 6pm everyday...the scrimmage against goodpasture had to be moved to 6pm due to the heat. it was originally scheduled at 4pm. the scrimmage against smyrna is scheduled for 6pm a time where the temp tends to drop a little so they should be able to scrimmage...as of now despite the rutherford county situation the scrimmage is still on

mba 1 td

smyrna 0

mba secons possesion drove about 80 yrds for a td

smyrna seemed to adjust to the size and power of mba after that drive. This was a good scrimmage for Smyrnas d as far as seeing how physical they will have to be to compete.

both teams basically lined up in an eye formation and ran it with a few passes but mostly straight ahead running

mba fb is a d1

smyrna looked at a lot of tbs as expected the freshman bryson #24 looked really good again

smyrna may start 2 freshaman in 07 right Deon MEadows #41 starts at inside lb

The folks at MBA were very nice to all us Smrna folks that sat amongst them ( their side was in the shade) and I had a good discussion with several of them.

I think MBA will do well they are physical up front on both sides and that always gives you a chance.

Smyrna looked OK may have looked better if Sonny was there. I think he may be good for a td or so

good scrimmage for Smyrna in that their defense with a lot of new players got to go against a very physical running team and as you know their is one of them in our region.

Saw the majority of the first half yesterday. Neither team was impressive, but neither were showing much. Smyrna was certainly handicapped by not having Gray and I don't think Wilkes played much. As 82cat said, pretty much runs off tackle and a few crossing patterns and fades mixed in by both teams. MBA's starting QB (#17?) looks big and athletic. The backup (#12?) was quite a bit shorter and didn't look sharp on his passes. It appeared that MBA was trying to play a lot of guys. MBA OT Preston Bailey was out. I heard that he has an ACL strain...not sure about that, though. His replacement fared well. MBA gave up a couple of sacks on bootlegs where the Smyrna player was basically unblocked...got to get that fixed. MBA defense looked pretty stout, with the exception of a couple of good runs by the Smyrna RB (quick little guy). Overall, MBA was pretty big on both sides of the line. The linebacker play was also impressive. Bartholomew was clearly the best player on the field...had a nice interception and return. Vinsang looked good, as well. I was not impressed with MBA's running game, but again, its early, and I am glad to see a return to more of an I-formation and power game. The Big Red seems to lack athletes at the skill positions and that will no doubt, hurt them this year. However, this has been the case with past MBA teams and they have overcome it. The defense appears to have gone back to a truer form of the 50. I noticed more 4 point stances and more of a read and react scheme. Not sure if McGugin and D-line coach, Brown are changing things or if its just early and they have yet to install many of the stunts and blitzes that have been typical of this team the past few years. Overall, MBA has some work to do, especially on offense. It will interesting to see how they progress into the next scrimmage.