Smyrna @ MBA

skip216

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smyrna will do what they always do in scrimmages

they will sub and rotate continously looking at every possible player rotation especially in the line

they will run about 10% of their offensive package ( they play brentwood academy this yr and who knows if those private coaches talk or swap scrimmage film)

they are still auditioning for tb so they will run it a lot

there last scrimmage is on the 17th at overton and that is the scrimmage where you can finally see who is 1st team

quite frankly if you like seeing your team run up and down the field in scrimmages smyrna is not your team

as someone who like to see Smyrna roll up the points it drives me crazy!

by they way Sonny will not be there so the back up qb will get more reps.

they will run about 10% of their offensive package ( they play brentwood academy this yr and who knows if those private coaches talk or swap scrimmage film)

Those sneaky private school coaches!

Disapointed to hear that Sonny Gray won't be there. It would have been nice to see MBA's defense defend against him. I'm sure defending against Wilkes will be quite a challenge itself, though.

Disapointed to hear that Sonny Gray won't be there. It would have been nice to see MBA's defense defend against him. I'm sure defending against Wilkes will be quite a challenge itself, though.

Any word on MBA's injuries from the Riverdale scrimmage?

If you think that was a slam at privates then you are a little paranoid. It certainly happens at all levels.

Coaches are a tight fraternity and coaches in various regions and situations --- now this may come as a shock----- share film and info about future opponents

As for Wilkes - he will play maybe 3 series and catch maybe 2 passes.

I am not crying wolf but Smyrna will play every combination of players possible to get looks at players

Right now Smyrna needs to see if their line can block and their tbs can run. While in a real game they would run spread and throw 60 to 70% of the time I would bet they run 80% of the time friday.

Once again it drives me crazy but coach Shad knows what he wants to do and "winning" a scrimmage is not way up there

Look forward to coming over friday I have always had a lot of respect for MBA and your coach last year coach Rutledge ( don't know the one this year)

If you think that was a slam at privates then you are a little paranoid. It certainly happens at all levels.

Coaches are a tight fraternity and coaches in various regions and situations --- now this may come as a shock----- share film and info about future opponents

Sarcasm, buddy.

I had no idea that coaches share film and info. Sounds like cheating to me.

Sorry to hear the scrimmage won't happen. You would think they could push it back to 7:00 and play. So, what does Smyrna do? Practice in the gym? Is this for all Rutherford County schools?

Anyone know what MBA's practice schedule has been like?