Rockwood, Bledsoe and Whitwell Scrimmage (8/10)

WLS11

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Rockwood wasn't as strong as SlimPickins thought! Best of Luck Bledsoe and Whitwell!

Before anyone crowds ANY of these teams contenders for post-season honors let's look at a few things.

I noticed that Rockwood had a bruiser for a fullback. Teams better find him when he gets off the bus if they plan on beating Rockwood.

Quarterback for Rockwood is a gutsy kid. I thought he played well in spurts.

All I read on this message board was how good Rockwood was going to be. Let me tell you all something, Rockwood can say all they want to but if they get 4th place in the region they play in, see below, they have had a successful season.

Wartburg Central High School

Christian Academy of Knoxville

Sweetwater High School

Rockwood High School

Loudon High School

Alcoa High School

Oliver Springs High School

Bledsoe County's lineman are small. How big is the center? Anyone posting on CoachT from Bledsoe County better be careful what they say before the game is played. Eating Crow is not healthy for you!! Good luck to the warriors.

Whitwell looked good in spurts. They play hard and it looks like that coaching staff up there may have those boys in shape enough to play 4 quarters this year.

It was a scrimmage. That means QB misreads, lineman playing to high, WR's dropping passes that hit them in the hands, coaches growling about missed assignments, etc, etc, etc.

Before anyone crowds ANY of these teams contenders for post-season honors let's look at a few things.

I noticed that Rockwood had a bruiser for a fullback. Teams better find him when he gets off the bus if they plan on beating Rockwood.

Quarterback for Rockwood is a gutsy kid. I thought he played well in spurts.

All I read on this message board was how good Rockwood was going to be. Let me tell you all something, Rockwood can say all they want to but if they get 4th place in the region they play in, see below, they have had a successful season.

Wartburg Central High School

Christian Academy of Knoxville

Sweetwater High School

Rockwood High School

Loudon High School

Alcoa High School

Oliver Springs High School

Bledsoe County's lineman are small. How big is the center? Anyone posting on CoachT from Bledsoe County better be careful what they say before the game is played. Eating Crow is not healthy for you!! Good luck to the warriors.

Whitwell looked good in spurts. They play hard and it looks like that coaching staff up there may have those boys in shape enough to play 4 quarters this year.

It was a scrimmage. That means QB misreads, lineman playing to high, WR's dropping passes that hit them in the hands, coaches growling about missed assignments, etc, etc, etc.

You won't have to worry about me eating any crow.... I didn't say we have D1 prospects,etc. Other people from Bledsoe did... I'm just gonna sit back and watch and see how the season turns out... I hope we can suprise some people...

You won't have to worry about me eating any crow.... I didn't say we have D1 prospects,etc. Other people from Bledsoe did... I'm just gonna sit back and watch and see how the season turns out... I hope we can suprise some people...

I have seen several scrimmages this year and I can tell you

no D1 athletes are in the valley this year. South Pittsburg has

a few that are very good however!!!

I am like you NO PREDICTIONS from me. I will hope with you

this year.

I have seen several scrimmages this year and I can tell you

no D1 athletes are in the valley this year. South Pittsburg has

a few that are very good however!!!

Agree. Several DII kids are in the valley but no DI's unless some kids really step it up this year. Some younger kids may have the size/talent but who knows. This is their year to start getting looks if they are out there

I watched Rockwood's tape of the scrimmage.

In 4 varsity possessions, Rockwood scored twice on Whitwell and fumbled twice against Bledsoe. Rockwood was never faced with a fourth down in the down and distance portion of the scrimmage. Rockwood's five varsity backs rushed for 262 yards on 31 carries, but fumbling on half their possessions will equal a lot of losses.

Defensively, Rockwood gave up 93 yards in four possessions (2 against both teams). Whitwell had 82 yards and scored on a 48-yard run by the FB. Whitwell was at Rockwood's 37 on their other possession, but Rockwood's Russell Tinker intercepted a pass at the goal line to stop the drive.

Bledoe had 11 yards rushing on 10 attempts and they were 0-5 passing.

Of course my stats are unofficial, but they're pretty close.

I didn't see any of Bledsoe vs. Whitwell.

I watched Rockwood's tape of the scrimmage.

In 4 varsity possessions, Rockwood scored twice on Whitwell and fumbled twice against Bledsoe. Rockwood was never faced with a fourth down in the down and distance portion of the scrimmage. Rockwood's five varsity backs rushed for 262 yards on 31 carries, but fumbling on half their possessions will equal a lot of losses.

Defensively, Rockwood gave up 93 yards in four possessions (2 against both teams). Whitwell had 82 yards and scored on a 48-yard run by the FB. Whitwell was at Rockwood's 37 on their other possession, but Rockwood's Russell Tinker intercepted a pass at the goal line to stop the drive.

Bledoe had 11 yards rushing on 10 attempts and they were 0-5 passing.

Of course my stats are unofficial, but they're pretty close.

I didn't see any of Bledsoe vs. Whitwell.

How many of that 292 rushing yards came on the last long drive that you scored your last TD on?

Alll the teams were very inconsistent in my humble opinion.