Sequachee Valley Jamboree, August 17th, 6:00 PM

MCRoadWarrior

Is David Baxter really coaching again? I remember back in the late 70's and early 80's David Baxter was coaching at Marion County then he left. I have a question for Old Pirate, does this make him a "fencejumper" as you like to refer to everyone? Coach David Baxter is a legend, much like me and he is a good coach. It is good that someone that has been away from the profession for awhile still enjoys teaching and coaching these young ladds. Good luck this season. I remember when Hale played football. He was an animal. I would say he probably qualifies for legend status as well. Didn't he go on and play college football? Good luck to these guys, I hope you have a good season.

Old Pirate says, Coach Dave coached at jasper when OP played. He coached with his brother (Bill) and apparently was a tremendous player himself. He reportedly made to the pros and was cut on the last cut with Dallas Cowboys.

YEP..... he is a fence jumper...... great to see him back on the side lines.

Coach Hale played for Vandy @ linebacker, tough player...

Old Pirate says, he saw show boating or quit from the SP player running for the backs. He apparently thought he had the race in hand and appeared to slow at the end just prior to the finish line. Zone Pirate what was your view of this?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st Quarter Marion County by 14 Grundy by 5

2nd Quarter South Pittsburg by 21 SP by 12

3rd Quarter Lookout Valley by 14 LV by 7

4th Quarter Whitwell by 10 Cannon by 6

5th Quarter Bledsoe County by 6 Whitwell by 14

6th Quarter Lookout Valley by 14 Cannon by 1

7th Quarter South Pittsburg by 10 SP by 6

8th Quarter Marion County by 14 Marion by 21

Just what I was thinking. We are pretty good but 21 or even 14 in a controlled qtr is tough. I hope he is right about the 21

We had point spreads of 21, 14 and 12. I guess my high scoring prediction wasn't that far fetched after all.

Old Pirate says, Coach Dave coached at jasper when OP played. He coached with his brother (Bill) and apparently was a tremendous player himself. He reportedly made in the pros until the last cut with Dallas Cowboys.

YEP..... he is a fence jumper...... great to see him back on the side lines.

Coach Hale played for Vandy @ linebacker, tough player...

Old Pirate says, he saw show boating or quit from the SP player running for the backs. He apparently thought he had the race in hand and appeared to slow at the end just prior to the finish line. Zone Pirate what was your view of this?

Quit

I am so tickled to see Coach Baxter and coach Hale back.. Coach Baxter is the type of man that brings experience and leadership and demains respect while he has a "good man" thing going on and a heck of a coach.. Coach Hale will make you respect him if not you may get body slammed.. Congrats Vic... you now have the best coaching staff in TSSAA hands down in my opinion... watch for a total different team on the sidelines..i dont look for alot of talking going on and horseplay liek last year....

SouthPittsburgh looked like a team that is going to be around awhile, Speed everywhere!!!!!! I thought the 2nd string QB looked as good as the 1st team QB. Cannon looked strong also. The other teams looked like they could compete against each other pretty even. The second games were no brainers with 2nd teamers playing. I was a little disappointed to see Marion play the varsity against Sequatchie's 2nd & 3rd teamers, even though the 2nd team did stop Marion the first time that the offense took the field...FUNNY!! Long year hope its a good one.

Might be a little pressure to win at MC this year. After the showing in the first quarter against Grundy County, the coaching staff may have wanted to send a signal to the players that how they played was not acceptable. I believe both teams only had the ball twice in the first quarter so don't blow the Grundy win out of proportion. Marion has some skill players and an all-state quarterback th at can move the ball down the field in a hurry. The only touchdown they scored against Grundy took all of three plays and covered 70 yards.