Sequachee Valley Jamboree, August 17th, 6:00 PM

MCRoadWarrior

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, bringing it back up to the front page. Good luck to all teams tonight. Hope that everyone finds a way to stay cool or at least cool enough. Especially at the beginning.

Is this thing still starting at 6:00? I think that Chattanooga moved their start an hour later but they only have 6 quarters I believe tonight.

I look for bledsoe to be on their game tonight. With all the fluff over it's time to get down to business. Historically we aren't a good jamboree team but tonight I see the Blue and Gold firing on all cylinders. Go Warriors I will be there and hopefully will have something to crow about in the morning

Old Pirate hopes ALL the kids come thru injury free...............................................................

Good Luck..........................

I agree. It is always a worry that a kid will get hurt in an event like this that is supposed to be fun and get things kicked off for the year. Good luck to all teams and everyone please travel safe.

GO WARRIORS!

I just got home from the Sequatchie Valley Jamboree. It looked like there was some good football tonight. I was pretty impressed with many of the teams tonight. It should be a fun year in the valley.I just got home from the Sequatchie Valley Jamboree. It looked like there was some good football tonight. I was pretty impressed with many of the teams tonight. It should be a fun year in the valley.

I can't remember the scores but I remember Grundy beating Marion in the first quarter. I later heard from someone that Marion didn't play all of their starters in the first stanza. I also thought the other new team looked decent tonight. Marion County looked really good in the fourth quarter against Dunlap. Dunlap lost but they looked to be improved over the time I saw them play last season.

Quarters 1-4 seemed to be starters vs starters for the most part:

Grundy 12 Marion 7

South Pittsburg 20 Bledsoe 8

Lookout Valley 7 Sequatchie 0

Cannon 6, Whitwell 0

5-8 seemed to be backups for the most part.

Whitwell 14, Bledsoe 0, Whitwell also took a knee inside the 5 with about 30 seconds left

Cannon 7, Lookout Valley 6

South Pittsburg 6 Grundy 0

Marion 21 Sequatchie 0. Sequatchie used second and third teamers including on special teams, Marion had 2 punt returns for scores and a long pass led to a short td run by the quarterback late.

Quarters 1-4 seemed to be starters vs starters for the most part:

Grundy 12 Marion 7

South Pittsburg 20 Bledsoe 8

Lookout Valley 7 Sequatchie 0

Cannon 6, Whitwell 0

5-8 seemed to be backups for the most part.

Whitwell 14, Bledsoe 0, Whitwell also took a knee inside the 5 with about 30 seconds left

Cannon 7, Lookout Valley 6

South Pittsburg 6 Grundy 0

Marion 21 Sequatchie 0. Sequatchie used second and third teamers including on special teams, Marion had 2 punt returns for scores and a long pass led to a short td run by the quarterback late.

I am pleased to hear that Sequatchie County had the young kids in against Marion County. It got UGLY in a hurry in the last quarter. With Joe and Nick running punts back I thought it was going to be worse than 21 - 0.

Marion County was very impressive I thought tonight. Trey looks like he is ready to have another all-state year at QB. Joe Muir and Goforth looked very good running the ball. Offensive line came off the ball well. Defense sputtered in the first quarter aginst Grundy but pinned their ears back against Sequatchie County. Overall, a good night for the Warriors!!

Now let's get ready to rumble in the valley in two weeks!! 83rd meeting of the state of Tennessee longest running rivalry - - South Pittsburg @ Marion County.

I will have to say that it was fun to watch all the teams and coaches tonight. How many years of football experience is on the South Pittsburg sideline. If I was guessing it would have to be well over 200 years of collective football knowledge over there. It was nice to see David Hale and Dave Baxter back on the sidelines. When men like these two retire it hurts the game of football and what they mean to the kids they are around. Great Job Coach Grider in assembly your coaching staff!!