Sequachee Valley Jamboree, August 17th, 6:00 PM

MCRoadWarrior

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only negative that I noticed tonight was that the man in the pressbox didn't have a roster for any of the teams, including Marion County. Maybe next year the coaches could send in their rosters so that the pressbox guy could be able to name the players who make the nice plays on the field.

The only negative that I noticed tonight was that the man in the pressbox didn't have a roster for any of the teams, including Marion County. Maybe next year the coaches could send in their rosters so that the pressbox guy could be able to name the players who make the nice plays on the field.

Even with rosters announcing a jamboree is tough. I know when I did the one at Grundy a few years back it was very hard to keep up. Too much change too fast. I think you would need at least 2 spotters to help you keep up with different rosters every quarter.

DL.

We sent ours up ???

sorry about the oops post. I'll try again. How did SP look/

I thought they looked sharp against Bledsoe County. I believe Coach Grider played most of the starters in this one. Then in the quarter with Grundy County, the young kids finished up. They had the ball down ready to score at least twice more against Grundy but fumbled and played poorly.

Older kids played well though. I noticed like someone else said on here that SP had some to get bruised up. Hope they are OK.

I thought they looked sharp against Bledsoe County. I believe Coach Grider played most of the starters in this one. Then in the quarter with Grundy County, the young kids finished up. They had the ball down ready to score at least twice more against Grundy but fumbled and played poorly.

Older kids played well though. I noticed like someone else said on here that SP had some to get bruised up. Hope they are OK.

Yea my freshman son made the last fumble with 30 second to go. First HS snap nerves I guess. He was not happy . Only second team and JV in the qtr against Grundy. The Coaches were real pleased with effort. A couple of young linemen got noticed. Grundy was playing 2nd team too.

Still a lot of rough edges on the varsity and true leaders haven't step up but the talent is pretty deep. After the Jr High Jamboree on Thursday and the performance tonight the future looks bright at SP.

I also thought Bledsoe had improved and their Jr High last night was the best team out there

SouthPittsburgh looked like a team that is going to be around awhile, Speed everywhere!!!!!! I thought the 2nd string QB looked as good as the 1st team QB. Cannon looked strong also. The other teams looked like they could compete against each other pretty even. The second games were no brainers with 2nd teamers playing. I was a little disappointed to see Marion play the varsity against Sequatchie's 2nd & 3rd teamers, even though the 2nd team did stop Marion the first time that the offense took the field...FUNNY!! Long year hope its a good one.

Even with rosters announcing a jamboree is tough. I know when I did the one at Grundy a few years back it was very hard to keep up. Too much change too fast. I think you would need at least 2 spotters to help you keep up with different rosters every quarter.

DL.

sorry i missed you last night. my back was giving me some trouble so i had to sit on the top row.thought grundy looked good at times on both o & d. corey has quite a bit of talent and leadership. was glad to see them running the I-bone and i really like their new white jerseys

SP Looked GREAT, Whitwell was better than I expected, but alas Jasper made a weak showing on their home turf, which looked excellent by the way. Why would you EVER go on a 4th and 5 on YOUR OWN 25????? Makes no sence senor. Their weak side is very weak, their strong side ain't too much better, gonna be big scoring games in J-town this year, Sequatchie County will definately have something to settle in October. Good luck to all by the way. Roll Tide Roll.

Congratulations to ALL teams. MARION COUNTY looked just as good as anyone else there. And the "turf" did look excellent. You can tell about as much from a Jamboree as you can from a Pre-season poll. I think there is going to be a lot of good games in the Sequatchie Valley this year from every team in the valley, looking forward to a great season of High School football.

I will have to say that it was fun to watch all the teams and coaches tonight. How many years of football experience is on the South Pittsburg sideline. If I was guessing it would have to be well over 200 years of collective football knowledge over there. It was nice to see David Hale and Dave Baxter back on the sidelines. When men like these two retire it hurts the game of football and what they mean to the kids they are around. Great Job Coach Grider in assembly your coaching staff!!

Is David Baxter really coaching again? I remember back in the late 70's and early 80's David Baxter was coaching at Marion County then he left. I have a question for Old Pirate, does this make him a "fencejumper" as you like to refer to everyone? Coach David Baxter is a legend, much like me and he is a good coach. It is good that someone that has been away from the profession for awhile still enjoys teaching and coaching these young ladds. Good luck this season. I remember when Hale played football. He was an animal. I would say he probably qualifies for legend status as well. Didn't he go on and play college football? Good luck to these guys, I hope you have a good season.