Knoxville Carter Football

jet21

Nice to see such healthy discussion! I was fortunate enough not to have to work this weekend so I was able to see both jamborees. Carter looked pretty good against a team that is picked to be 2nd in one of the hardest regions in the state. I thought that the defense gave up too many short plays on 3rd down, which lead to the blown coverage TD. I do think that they held their own. That being said, I thought that Bearden looked like a very good football team. The QB, in my opinion, is the best one in the Knoxville area right now. He is both a precise passer and a good scrambler, deadly in highschool football. I think that the Hornets will have their hands full trying to put pressure on the QB and contain him at the same time. I do hope that whatever "issues" are going on in The Plains do not distract the players and coaches at the task at hand. Leonard, I always am amazed by the accuracy of your predictions, what do you say about this game. Thanks.Nice to see such healthy discussion! I was fortunate enough not to have to work this weekend so I was able to see both jamborees. Carter looked pretty good against a team that is picked to be 2nd in one of the hardest regions in the state. I thought that the defense gave up too many short plays on 3rd down, which lead to the blown coverage TD. I do think that they held their own. That being said, I thought that Bearden looked like a very good football team. The QB, in my opinion, is the best one in the Knoxville area right now. He is both a precise passer and a good scrambler, deadly in highschool football. I think that the Hornets will have their hands full trying to put pressure on the QB and contain him at the same time. I do hope that whatever "issues" are going on in The Plains do not distract the players and coaches at the task at hand. Leonard, I always am amazed by the accuracy of your predictions, what do you say about this game. Thanks.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MineyHaole,

I heard that Bearden could have won twenty-one to zero had they completed some passes. Is there any truth to that? I also agree that Bearden will be a very good team both physically and fundamentally. This game will be the hardest game on the Hornet's schedule this year, and hopefully it is an enjoyable game to watch. After the results of both jamborees, I feel that east TN is stacked with talent and we are fortunate enough to be entertained by this talent.

The only pass that I saw Halliday not complete was a dropped ball, not the passer's fault. I don't know if they could have scored 3 times in a quarter...but had they had an extra 2 minutes they might have I agree that this will be one of the toughest games, but I think that this year is a much tougher year. South-Doyle IS improved, no matter what others say. Karns will be ok, AE I think will be a very tough game. If the Hornets can survive and even win a couple of those non-region games, it will only make them stronger for the post-season. Good luck to the boys in green and I am excited about this Friday's game.

MineyHaole,

I heard that Bearden could have won twenty-one to zero had they completed some passes. Is there any truth to that? I also agree that Bearden will be a very good team both physically and fundamentally. This game will be the hardest game on the Hornet's schedule this year, and hopefully it is an enjoyable game to watch. After the results of both jamborees, I feel that east TN is stacked with talent and we are fortunate enough to be entertained by this talent.

sportsnut624.

I think MineyHaole got it right. Doubt it would have been 21-0. Maybe though. I have said for a long time Hallady is one of, if not the most "off the radar" QBs in the area. Great dual threat kid. Smart, throws a nice ball, can run well, and is elusive. Bearden has a ton of kids that are SRs, and have played a lot of football. Depth might be an issue though. Goodrich, Shankles, Goultry, Moore are all solid up front, with some of them going both ways. All SRs though. Pemberton, and Hammilton are good LBs, and Pemberton looks to take a lot of reps @ FB. Rouse will play LB, and certainly get some carries @ RB. Cunnigham could be as good as he wants to be AT RB or DB. Works same thing, Reagan kid can kick, but not as well as his brother just yet. Lot's of experience, good talent, but not a lot of depth, and IMO, an untested Head Coach. I don't put much stock in Jamborees. I have seen a lot of both teams over the last few years, and would suggest that IF it were an actual game, it would have been close. Bearden's 1st drive had some nice 3rd, and one 4th down conversion. Catholic got it, and did their typical 10-12 play drive on the ground. That tends to just wear on teams by the middle of the 3rd 1/4. Carter will have a tough time w/Bearden, and I suspect Bearden will win by 2+ TDs.

ruse?