Knoxville Carter Football

jet21

I would like to see the Region 1 teams give the Region 2 teams a run for their money this year, but history is not on their side. I may be wrong, but, other than last year when Carter beat Kingston in the first round, the only Region 1 team to beat a Region 2 team in the playoffs was Seymour in '99 &'00. I think that Region 1 has a tougher time because of the lack of feeder programs, what do you think it is ruse? But there are some beautiful locals for football and I think that the communities and students really come out and support the teams. I would love to see the AAC rise to the level of Region 2, maybe this is the year! Good luck to both Regions!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see the Region 1 teams give the Region 2 teams a run for their money this year, but history is not on their side. I may be wrong, but, other than last year when Carter beat Kingston in the first round, the only Region 1 team to beat a Region 2 team in the playoffs was Seymour in '99 &'00. I think that Region 1 has a tougher time because of the lack of feeder programs, what do you think it is ruse? But there are some beautiful locals for football and I think that the communities and students really come out and support the teams. I would love to see the AAC rise to the level of Region 2, maybe this is the year! Good luck to both Regions!

Hey MineyHaole.

Love the name. Does that mean you are a short caucasian that is from Hawaii? Anyway, yes to your question regarding feeder programs. Knox County has done a nice job over the last 5-7 yrs w/ the majority of the feeder programs. The communities have gotten involved because they have had to, since the funding for middle school football was pulled. There are still a number of HS programs that pull kids from feeder programs other than their own, but that will always happen. IMO, Catholic has done an unbelievable job of building one in a short period of time. The kids are running for the most part the O/D that the HS program runs, and that is helpfull. AE, Fulton, Central, Powell, Halls, etc will always lose players from their feeder programs to the HS that is on top. Also, top players will go to Alcoa, Mville from Knox.

ruse?

i wish good luck to carter high school this year.i do hope however their fans will show some more class.in the previous 2 seasons i have attended games there in which they won i had no trouble.however in 2 games i witnessed playoff losses 1 year my car was hit by ketchup and mustard and last year someone egged my car.now i am a fan and root for both teams but i never have trouble at AE or fulton.telling the police is a joke too.i have a right to be angry and if i did this as a child my folks would beat me down but the cops eat their doughnuts and say"if you see who is doing it and harm them then you will get in trouble" btw i agree with the seymour comments on here.the coaches have won many games however bottom line is their playoff record is 18 and 21 not so good.gp is no better at 16 and 23.sure it doesn't take a state title to make a coach great but you must wonder how a team goes 8 and 2 or 9 and 1 and gets beat in round 1 every year and nearly beat by 5 and 5 teams in the first round.i hear from a certain school they can't beat certain others b/c of race well those schools always have been like that and you beat them before so why not now? and quit crying when you lose to 4 or 5a schools and say they are bigger.just look at teams like alcoa and trousdale.co who prove year in and year out it can be done!!! just be lucky teams like greenville and sullivan north,elizabethton,sullivan east,sullivan south aren't 3a like they are supposed to be or else you may not get in the playoffs hardly each year.you'd either be in that region or moved to the AE/fulton region.

Nice spot there ruse?, I used to call the Big Island home before migrating east. It is a shame that Knox County Schools is so tight with money, at least they are tight when it doesn't come to the higher ups' paychecks(soapbox). Could you imagine if every middle and elementary school had established programs that ran their high school's O and D. Not that the Knox is doing too bad in state championships, but it could be much stronger from top to bottom. Oh Well. hsfan, I am sorry to hear that you were treated poorly at the Carter games. I have attended many games, not to mention any other place non-football, and have run into thugs that cause problems. I don't think that those speak for the community or the team, they were just jerks. As to the thoughts that the upper east TN teams would lock out any school from down here, I am not so sure of that. East and South are both around 1100, most of the time, so they would not really factor in. North was is 3A for a good long time, and they were at times tops and other times they were not. Both Betsy and G-Ville would give many teams here a run for their money, so I'll give you that. I do truely believe that the 3A size schools:Betsy, G-Ville, Johnson County, North, Unicoi, and Central should break off and play 3A. They would not have to worry about gas, the only reason they are 4A, because they are all close together. Oh well, just my 2 cents, I don't run the show.

i wish good luck to carter high school this year.i do hope however their fans will show some more class.in the previous 2 seasons i have attended games there in which they won i had no trouble.however in 2 games i witnessed playoff losses 1 year my car was hit by ketchup and mustard and last year someone egged my car.now i am a fan and root for both teams but i never have trouble at AE or fulton.telling the police is a joke too.i have a right to be angry and if i did this as a child my folks would beat me down but the cops eat their doughnuts and say"if you see who is doing it and harm them then you will get in trouble" btw i agree with the seymour comments on here.the coaches have won many games however bottom line is their playoff record is 18 and 21 not so good.gp is no better at 16 and 23.sure it doesn't take a state title to make a coach great but you must wonder how a team goes 8 and 2 or 9 and 1 and gets beat in round 1 every year and nearly beat by 5 and 5 teams in the first round.i hear from a certain school they can't beat certain others b/c of race well those schools always have been like that and you beat them before so why not now? and quit crying when you lose to 4 or 5a schools and say they are bigger.just look at teams like alcoa and trousdale.co who prove year in and year out it can be done!!! just be lucky teams like greenville and sullivan north,elizabethton,sullivan east,sullivan south aren't 3a like they are supposed to be or else you may not get in the playoffs hardly each year.you'd either be in that region or moved to the AE/fulton region.

777 - asinine post, simply asinine

I thought we looked pretty good in the jamboree last night. If we would have been playing a whole game Central would have been in for a dog fight and probably a Loss. I thought the offense was about to start clicking and our defense was solid. Why did Zach Gorman (#2) not play, is he hurt or are they just saving him for Bearden? He is the key to a successful season.

redneck must be from seymour b/c assanine is a word i often here to describe the officials in games you get beat by 30 or 40 points in lol.

Not from Carter or Seymour 777, just know an asinine post when I see one (or 2 in your case)

Carter fans I know say they are having more than their share of discipline issues which probably explains the missing kid last night.

I have gone back and looked at many of these teams that played Elizabethton, and Greeneville. To be honest with you, I think both of those two teams would struggle against some of the upper Region 1 teams. Just like many of the Region 2 bottom half. To compare the two Regions (1 and 2) is not a good comparison. Everyone knows that Fulton, Catholic and sometimes AE dominate any region in the state in 3A. The rest in region 2-3A are just any other team. I have seen Elizabethton and Greeneville play in several games the last 4 or 5 years. They are not the teams eveyone thinks they are. Now they might get much better this year, but they are not the teams of yester years.

I have been to many schools in many different areas, and have seen many negative things happen. I was once shot at and my car stopped, and I had no ties to either school. I have had drinks poured on me things thrown and cars egged as well, but I don't blame the entire school on the incident. Just some worthless individuals. One year I was doing a piece on High School Football. I was riding a teams bus interviewing a coach that had just beaten the home team. The bus suddenly slammed the breaks on, and two young men stood in front of the bus while bottles were thrown at the bus which gave the impression of rapid fire. The coach yelled for his kids to get into the floor. Windows were broken and glass went everywhere, I was truely scared for the team, coaching staff, and myself. Finally the coach told the bus driver "just run over them". The bus took off and the young men stepped out of the way and continued throwing bottles at the bus. This same school I go to today, and have no problem going to see a game their. Simply because I know that was an individual incident. I am not going to mention the school due to the fact that it comes across blaming the entire school, team, community, etc.

I thought we looked pretty good in the jamboree last night. If we would have been playing a whole game Central would have been in for a dog fight and probably a Loss. I thought the offense was about to start clicking and our defense was solid. Why did Zach Gorman (#2) not play, is he hurt or are they just saving him for Bearden? He is the key to a successful season.

What specifically did you see that made you think the game could go Carter's way?

I have gone back and looked at many of these teams that played Elizabethton, and Greeneville. To be honest with you, I think both of those two teams would struggle against some of the upper Region 1 teams. Just like many of the Region 2 bottom half. To compare the two Regions (1 and 2) is not a good comparison. Everyone knows that Fulton, Catholic and sometimes AE dominate any region in the state in 3A. The rest in region 2-3A are just any other team. I have seen Elizabethton and Greeneville play in several games the last 4 or 5 years. They are not the teams eveyone thinks they are. Now they might get much better this year, but they are not the teams of yester years.

I have been to many schools in many different areas, and have seen many negative things happen. I was once shot at and my car stopped, and I had no ties to either school. I have had drinks poured on me things thrown and cars egged as well, but I don't blame the entire school on the incident. Just some worthless individuals. One year I was doing a piece on High School Football. I was riding a teams bus interviewing a coach that had just beaten the home team. The bus suddenly slammed the breaks on, and two young men stood in front of the bus while bottles were thrown at the bus which gave the impression of rapid fire. The coach yelled for his kids to get into the floor. Windows were broken and glass went everywhere, I was truely scared for the team, coaching staff, and myself. Finally the coach told the bus driver "just run over them". The bus took off and the young men stepped out of the way and continued throwing bottles at the bus. This same school I go to today, and have no problem going to see a game their. Simply because I know that was an individual incident. I am not going to mention the school due to the fact that it comes across blaming the entire school, team, community, etc.

Hey Leonard

Another shooter on the grassy knoll:) I thought Carter looked OK last night. At this point in timw though, Bearden does look pretty good. Be interesting to see them tonight against Catholic. Beardin put a hat on MoEast earler 4-1 ones vs. ones. West/Fulton should be good too. Thought AE looked good as well. Funny how teams that lose to AE always feel like they beat themselves, when IMO, the reality is AE, number one has playmakers EVERY year, and number two is opportunistic. Loved the CAK finnish.

ruse?

It had to be the mafia. Actually it did happen. Those kids sure could scoot fast.

I was impressed with McKamey's ability to get great players out for football. GCA

I was not impressed with Wilson's running. I thought he would be much better. Still not at 100% I don't think.

I will have to say that although it was early AE was looking pretty good. Against other 3A teams they will have problems with their depth though.