Riverdale vs. Oakland

(riverdaleman @ Aug 25 2007)I have given you my reason and justified my opinion (i must have missed that bc i can not find where there is any justification for not backing your team??)as to why i dont like the wing to for RIVERDALE and i think last night proved my point. (OK how could winning a game prove your point???) We dominated that game but we was only up 7-0 for most of the game one fumble or one big play broken and we had a tie ball game. To me the wing T is great for oakland due to their talent level and personnel but in my opinion with our line I agree with 82 cat we should line it up and get behind that line until their tounge falls off. (if you had read all of the post the line that ever1 talked to highly about is what messed up friday night so why put it all on their shoulders) So please tell me why you think it is good and how it is going to win state for us this year. I PROMISE I REALLY WANT TO BE WRONG !!! thank you in advance for your opinion"

Can you not for one moment be happy with a win & be glad that a coach is teaching more than how to win at any cost??? Coach A is teaching this group how to win but also how to pull together through alot of difficult times. Were you aware that Brian Hoffman was at the game??? Distractions come in all sizes whether is be the other team or something you create. Coach A is teaching these guys to overcome these distractions @ that there are a lot of important things in life including football but when you have over 100 on the team you have to admit it that the majority of them will not be going pro so the life lessons Coach A is teaching is so much more than can be put into words. You & I both know that alot of the players read these postings & they need all of the support from everyone whether you agree with the way they win or not. They Did WIN!!! Support the coaches & the players for the winning effort!!! GO WARRIORS!!!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Riverdales line is big but Oaklands Defensive front line is not small Elrod 270 , Barrett 290, Bowen 270 and all are 6'2" . Maybe that is why Riverdales O-Line had problems. These guys are also 300 plus benchers . It could be possible Riverdale has not seen a D-line this big and strong. I think that is why Riverdales o-line had a bad night. Its hard to run through holes that are not there. Barrett also lead the team in tackles with 6 and he is the nose tackle.

the biggest story 2 me of the night was what is riverdale gona be able 2 do without jermey at 100% they really need him and it showed hats off 2 ohs though there defense came out swingin especially #5 #78 #44 #6

did yall take notice to how the field was painted (and did you like it)? we made a new stencil at school for the arrowhead in the midfield so it was alot bigger than usual and they painted the numbers alot different lol i very might well be the only one who cares how the field was painted but i thought it looked real good

did yall take notice to how the field was painted (and did you like it)? we made a new stencil at school for the arrowhead in the midfield so it was alot bigger than usual and they painted the numbers alot different lol i very might well be the only one who cares how the field was painted but i thought it looked real good

I hate to tell you this......I didn't even notice it at all. I did hate that stupid train whistle though.....THAT I did notice. What does it have to do with Warriors?

The teepee looked great though with the smoke coming out of it.

I hate to tell you this......I didn't even notice it at all. I did hate that stupid train whistle though.....THAT I did notice. What does it have to do with Warriors?

The teepee looked great though with the smoke coming out of it.

even though it seems like we play yall at home every year i wouldnt expect you to really just cause you dont see the field enough but instead of the normal white numbers they painted them gold with a cardinal outline and made the arrows pointing to the goalines arrowheads (they have done that off and on over the past few years anyways though). looked really good compared to the normal which is just white everything but the midfield logo

this picture kinda shows it midfield logo alot bigger and numbers painted

Yes, it does look nice. You can always count on a special atmosphere at RHS. The boosters work hard to keep it that way.

That is a great pic.....and I really like what I see out of Schaller .....esp to just be a soph.

yeah it is lol i didnt want to post this one but it showed the field the best by the looks of it i think he must have escaped boykin here which is definately an accomplishment boykin is a beast for us on the field this year he gets to the ball...how do you pronounce his name? he will be a good ball player tho, i was suprised when he came out on offense i thought quincy was the starter

He is a baseball player and wasn't with us in the spring. He was the freshman QB last yr. He seems to have a better arm than Q, and as you can see from the game.....we needed to resort to that. He was behind b/c he missed all of spring and a lot of summer b/c of baseball, and has picked up the wingt quickly. That is why you haven't heard of him I am sure. Q is one of our stable of backs. He is very quick.......and he is also being used on D. I think Schaller will only continue to improve the wetter he gets his feet. ( no pun intended from Fri night's rainstorm!) He showed a lot of poise. I mean...dang.....your first test is against the highly-touted Riverdale D????

I think it is pronounced.....Shall-er. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I knew it killed you to post that particular pic. Boykin is a player for sure....and If I were Schaller, I would blow that pic up!!

yeah it is lol i didnt want to post this one but it showed the field the best by the looks of it i think he must have escaped boykin here which is definately an accomplishment boykin is a beast for us on the field this year he gets to the ball...how do you pronounce his name? he will be a good ball player tho, i was suprised when he came out on offense i thought quincy was the starter

yes the paint job was great...hope they stay with it throughtout the season!!! i'm sure it was hard for whomever was doing the painting but it turned out terrific!!

(riverdaleman @ Aug 25 2007)I have given you my reason and justified my opinion (i must have missed that bc i can not find where there is any justification for not backing your team??)as to why i dont like the wing to for RIVERDALE and i think last night proved my point. (OK how could winning a game prove your point???) We dominated that game but we was only up 7-0 for most of the game one fumble or one big play broken and we had a tie ball game. To me the wing T is great for oakland due to their talent level and personnel but in my opinion with our line I agree with 82 cat we should line it up and get behind that line until their tounge falls off. (if you had read all of the post the line that ever1 talked to highly about is what messed up friday night so why put it all on their shoulders) So please tell me why you think it is good and how it is going to win state for us this year. I PROMISE I REALLY WANT TO BE WRONG !!! thank you in advance for your opinion"

Can you not for one moment be happy with a win & be glad that a coach is teaching more than how to win at any cost??? Coach A is teaching this group how to win but also how to pull together through alot of difficult times. Were you aware that Brian Hoffman was at the game??? Distractions come in all sizes whether is be the other team or something you create. Coach A is teaching these guys to overcome these distractions @ that there are a lot of important things in life including football but when you have over 100 on the team you have to admit it that the majority of them will not be going pro so the life lessons Coach A is teaching is so much more than can be put into words. You & I both know that alot of the players read these postings & they need all of the support from everyone whether you agree with the way they win or not. They Did WIN!!! Support the coaches & the players for the winning effort!!! GO WARRIORS!!!

riverdaleman supports riverdale - he just dislikes the winged t and he is not alone and that is just riverdale fans I have spoken with

The offensive line can not block when every team knows every play what is coming and crowds the box since there is little or no threat from a pass

I watched the game and while spurlock was blocking his man downfield the offense was still running sideways in the backfield

this is a discussion board and that is what done on here about other teams and sometime your own team

there is a cheerleading section though if anyone wants to be a cheerleader for their team

I have given you my reason and justified my opinion as to why i dont like the wing to for RIVERDALE and i think last night proved my point. We dominated that game but we was only up 7-0 for most of the game one fumble or one big play broken and we had a tie ball game. To me the wing T is great for oakland due to their talent level and personnel but in my opinion with our line I agree with 82 cat we should line it up and get behind that line until their tounge falls off. So please tell me why you think it is good and how it is going to win state for us this year. I PROMISE I REALLY WANT TO BE WRONG !!! thank you in advance for your opinion

what great support, but u will see

to settle this the wingt is what we run if u dont like it o well this is the offense we are either going to win or lose with and if everyone knows what we are going to do then we shouldnt have won as many as games as we did last year and we shouldnt this year huh ?