Riverdale vs. Oakland

Got a chance to see the game. I thought Oakland's offense was horrible, and Riverdale's struggled. Both teams could not beat Smyrna, or even Siegel. Smyrna looked awesome. Liked the way Sonny threw the ball. He is definitely the most underrated player not only on his team, but probably throughout the state.

i agree i went to both games and the score didnt show how good siegal was they jus caught a hot sonny and rod wilks show smyrna will beat both oakland and riverdale and siegal will most likely beat oakland

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a chance to see the game. I thought Oakland's offense was horrible, and Riverdale's struggled. Both teams could not beat Smyrna, or even Siegel. Smyrna looked awesome. Liked the way Sonny threw the ball. He is definitely the most underrated player not only on his team, but probably throughout the state.

Odd how you all the sudden know a few things about Smyrna.......

I have to agree with you about Sonny. He is incredible.

I am still trying to get dry from that Lebanon game!

I hated that I missed the game but was having fun seeing the 'clone' and his graduation from Boot Camp.

My father called us and told us the score and we were glad for the win and the FIRST shut out for the year. Now the team just has to get 7 more to equal the 2004 teams record for shut outs and to win state for me to be really impressed!

Seeing as I missed the game I do have one question. Did we at least try any passes this game? If not the box is gonna be real crowded this season for the rest of the games. As to the O-line holding their own, with their size they should be blowing d-lines back enough for a blind cripple to make at least three to fives yards per play!

I know that Coach A does not believe in running up scores, but we need to be winning by MORE to maintain the tradition of intimidating folks the R'dale is KNOWN for!

As to it being a low score just because one or two RB's were hurt, I thought the whole idea of the wing-t was that it was not suppose to matter who was in or out to work?

Practice is over! Now is the time to dominate and WIN!!!!!

Passing box score was 5 attempts, 1 completion (TD), 1 interception. 1 incompletion came when Tre was hit as he threw due to a missed block. He had two receivers open for a TD on this play if he could have gotten the pass off. I think you will see more passes as the year progresses.

well dangit i had no idea we were going to stink this bad i just hope my senior class can make it to the playoffs this year...LOL

smyrna wins 3 straight region games in comparison to riverdales 77 i believe and out of no where its THEIR region. laughable, hilarious, boggles my mind. but since riverdale seems to be the underDAWGS this year ironically, we could start the "WE BELIEVE" campaign, but tdntn will just opt for the "I KNOW" campaign. cant come soon enough

So let me get this straight: Oakland plays Riverdale tough, albeit in a 14-0 loss, but showed alot of heart and effort on both sides on the ball. Smyrna beats Siegel 41-13 and there are folks acting as if Oakland and Riverdale are both going to be just be awful because of how the game went bewteen each other? Come on now folks, where is the logic in that? I think I shall let the season play out to see if how Oakland and Riverdale fare, not the biased, misguided opinion of a few, led by bdogg, who is the king of talking smack, but can never own up to when he is wrong, he just always makes for the hills

I guess in your sagacious study of this game you failed to notice that the Riverdale defense this year is probably going to be better than the one Smyrna put a total of 9 points in 8 quarters on last year? There might be a reason that Oakland’s offense was horrible and Riverdale’s struggled, like two really good defenses. To evaluate what will happen in week 8 or 9 on the first game is not realistic.

LOD as far as passing i think there might have been 5 attempts but there would have been afew more if tre had just a second longer back there and each time the reciever was wide open on the interception the reciever was 5 -10 yards behind the defender tre just underthrew it. it was almost as good as a punt(we have a great punter this year he was consistant all night long)i would like to know how many pass plays were called i think there might have been at least 3-4 more called that wasnt executed and each play the recievers were WIDE OPEN all we have to do is execute those plays and make them respect that pass and we can be in buisness. Also last year we was sloppy against siegel and we all thought they would be a playoff team i think this year is a little different we didnt have very many penalties so we wasnt shooting ourselves in the foot i think oaklands D is pretty good i do think our lline will improve greatly over the next few weeks just like they did last year as the season went on so i am not concerned about the line...there is a lot of pride in those boys on the line and thye iwll take the perfomance against oakland personally (although not totally warranted) and they will be greatly improved

LOD as far as passing i think there might have been 5 attempts but there would have been afew more if tre had just a second longer back there and each time the reciever was wide open on the interception the reciever was 5 -10 yards behind the defender tre just underthrew it. it was almost as good as a punt(we have a great punter this year he was consistant all night long)i would like to know how many pass plays were called i think there might have been at least 3-4 more called that wasnt executed and each play the recievers were WIDE OPEN all we have to do is execute those plays and make them respect that pass and we can be in buisness. Also last year we was sloppy against siegel and we all thought they would be a playoff team i think this year is a little different we didnt have very many penalties so we wasnt shooting ourselves in the foot i think oaklands D is pretty good i do think our lline will improve greatly over the next few weeks just like they did last year as the season went on so i am not concerned about the line...there is a lot of pride in those boys on the line and thye iwll take the perfomance against oakland personally (although not totally warranted) and they will be greatly improved

Great assessment. Once the line comes together the passing game will take off.

So let me get this straight: Oakland plays Riverdale tough, albeit in a 14-0 loss, but showed alot of heart and effort on both sides on the ball. Smyrna beats Siegel 41-13 and there are folks acting as if Oakland and Riverdale are both going to be just be awful because of how the game went bewteen each other? Come on now folks, where is the logic in that? I think I shall let the season play out to see if how Oakland and Riverdale fare, not the biased, misguided opinion of a few, led by bdogg, who is the king of talking smack, but can never own up to when he is wrong, he just always makes for the hills

Try to be honest with yourself Oakland. Smyrna is a much better team than Oakland or Riverdale. You guys do not have the athletes that Siegel has. I am not talking any smack, I am stating an opinion. The last time I checked there is not anything wrong with doing this. I saw your game against Riverdale, and I thought your defense was superb, but overall I think that you have a mediocre at best football team. Riverdale can be lumped into the same category.

I guess in your sagacious study of this game you failed to notice that the Riverdale defense this year is probably going to be better than the one Smyrna put a total of 9 points in 8 quarters on last year? There might be a reason that Oakland?s offense was horrible and Riverdale?s struggled, like two really good defenses. To evaluate what will happen in week 8 or 9 on the first game is not realistic.

I would agree that Riverdale's defense is good, however, I can't compare them to last year. I also can tell you that Smyrna's specialty teams are head and shoulders above Riverdales.

Try to be honest with yourself Oakland. Smyrna is a much better team than Oakland or Riverdale. You guys do not have the athletes that Siegel has. I am not talking any smack, I am stating an opinion. The last time I checked there is not anything wrong with doing this. I saw your game against Riverdale, and I thought your defense was superb, but overall I think that you have a mediocre at best football team. Riverdale can be lumped into the same category.

There is no way that siegel has more athletes than Riverdale, nor does Smyrna. This will be proven come college signing day. IMO Smyrna is no more than a two player team, albeit two really good players. They are not as good as last year because they do not have the O line nor the running game. This will be proven when they play a good defense.