Riverdale vs. Oakland

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all.....let me clarify that the Oakland facility is 60 yds and not 35. It is massive. You need to go by and take a look. The thing is when everyone needs to practice indoors and has to go in shorts and shirts in the gym, we can go in pads instead and get full contact. I think that answers the question about its benefits versus practicing indoors due to weather. The turf will be just like MTSU's while is a closeness to grass like none other. Also if you wish to work on trick plays and you are playing county rivals who are not above scoping your practices with a little camcorder.......you are indoors where you cannot be seen.

As for the freshman games last night, they were county mandated not to play tdntn. ........so I guess it was the superintendent who was scared....not OHS. Also why would our freshmen be afraid to play yours? We have beaten yours the last two yrs......guess you forgot that lil fact.

Game day......and I wish everyone safe travel to the game, for all to remain injury-free, to have a game played with the best sportsmanship possible, and to leave it all on the field at the end of the game.

Patriots......gather the troops and play as one.....brothers til the final horn.....and the Victory will be yours.

hey TD what did u think about the praise they was givingthe wing T in the paper and how successful we was were with it last year? We had two losses with all that offense and our defense was actually very good. Can you tell me when the last time we had 2 losses was? 2000?

OK riverdaleman we get u have a problem with the wing t that coach a runs but can you not support the program a little bit more..come on.. the 2 losses they had were pretty crazy.. 1 was a scrimmage the other was the smyrna game that yes smyrna won but there have been some questions tied to it. why keep bringing up last year when this year is starting.

lets focus on the postitives.... you had a first year coach that came in and ran a top notch program.. gave a lot of guys a lot of opportunities they would not have gotten from other coaches. sit back & try to enjoy and support the program whether or not you like it & prove you really are a warrior backer as we all want you to be, but quit bringing up last year & lets focus on the good & focus on this year!!

it really is supposed to, thats why this is week 0. the game probably will get moved back but no word on it yet, that will be riverdale (since they are hosting) to decide...its going to be abnormally hot either way so i have no opinion, JUST WANNA SEE SOME FOOTBALL!

Just got back from the prep rally and they anounces that the game was moved to 8:00 pm.

well as my name implies lastone2know....glad you posted about the time change

game time now 8:00...at least it is still on 4 tonight!!! these guys are so ready 2 play it wld be a shame 4 it to be postponed..

You have got 2 know the coaches will be watching the hydration of all of the players...good luck to both!! safety for all!!! But lets play some ball!! (hope the refs are prepared)

OK riverdaleman we get u have a problem with the wing t that coach a runs but can you not support the program a little bit more..come on.. the 2 losses they had were pretty crazy.. 1 was a scrimmage the other was the smyrna game that yes smyrna won but there have been some questions tied to it. why keep bringing up last year when this year is starting.

lets focus on the postitives.... you had a first year coach that came in and ran a top notch program.. gave a lot of guys a lot of opportunities they would not have gotten from other coaches. sit back & try to enjoy and support the program whether or not you like it & prove you really are a warrior backer as we all want you to be, but quit bringing up last year & lets focus on the good & focus on this year!!

So I take it you are of few Riverdale Warriors that dont know me...because if you did know me you KNOW that there are few people who love and support ALL OF RIVERDALES TEAMS AND PROGRAMS AND ACADEMICS and i enjoy every bit of it and i LOVE THE KIDS AND SUPPORT THEM IN ALMOST ALL EVENTS (my kids playing baseball makes it hard to get to some of the spring sports)but i have proven i am a true supporter of the RIVERDALE WARRIORS and i am DEFINITLY READY FOR THIS YEAR (missing twins game for this game tonight)

It is ok to disagree with my assement with the wing t but please dont question my loyalty or my support!!!!

hey TD what did u think about the praise they was givingthe wing T in the paper and how successful we was were with it last year? We had two losses with all that offense and our defense was actually very good. Can you tell me when the last time we had 2 losses was? 2000?

2003 13-2. i really dont have an opinion tho we have the personel to run anything i believe but with so many run threats and such a good line wing T is going to give alot of guys the oppurtunity to contribute alot and show out more so than the teams of rankins where it was a team effort but usually a 1 man show. its almost irrelevant to me what we run, we are going to be successful