Oak Ridge / Alcoa Scrimmage 8/14

boyfromsi

Oak Ridge and Alcoa meet at Blankenship field at 5:30 tonight. This will be another test of how far Oak Ridge has progressed this pre-season. I am looking for progress on the offensive side of the ball especially with regards to timing in the passing game. Otherwise a good matchup of some of East TN's best.

Oak Ridge and Alcoa meet at Blankenship field at 5:30 tonight. This will be another test of how far Oak Ridge has progressed this pre-season. I am looking for progress on the offensive side of the ball especially with regards to timing in the passing game. Otherwise a good matchup of some of East TN's best.

Taking info shared by a co-worker that has seen all of Oak Ridge's scrimmages and myself seeing all of Alcoa's scrimmages, it sounds like OR is looking for improvements on the Offensive side of the ball, where Alcoa is looking for improvements and further development on the defensive side.

Alcoa has been pretty good Offensively in their earlier scrimmages, but they have not seen a Defense as big as Oak Ridges. Alcoa is running a spread offense where QB Cobb has looked very good. It will be interesting to see how much time he will have against OR?

I think the secondary matchup between Alcoa's Sommer and Oak Ridge's Coffee will interesting.

Is Jared Stephen's #5 still the 2nd QB? He is a real play maker!

I think the big test for Alcoa, will be at LB position. Can they stop the power run Oak Ridge has??

I look for a lot better scrimmage from Oak Ridge than last year.

Taking info shared by a co-worker that has seen all of Oak Ridge's scrimmages and myself seeing all of Alcoa's scrimmages, it sounds like OR is looking for improvements on the Offensive side of the ball, where Alcoa is looking for improvements and further development on the defensive side.

Alcoa has been pretty good Offensively in their earlier scrimmages, but they have not seen a Defense as big as Oak Ridges. Alcoa is running a spread offense where QB Cobb has looked very good. It will be interesting to see how much time he will have against OR?

I think the secondary matchup between Alcoa's Sommer and Oak Ridge's Coffee will interesting.

Is Jared Stephen's #5 still the 2nd QB? He is a real play maker!

I think the big test for Alcoa, will be at LB position. Can they stop the power run Oak Ridge has??

I look for a lot better scrimmage from Oak Ridge than last year.

Alcoa leading 8-7 at Blankenship Field. They haven't punted yet through 4 possessions. Oak Ridge scored on a long pass. Alcoa has a safety and scored on long drive, missed extra point. Moving the ball very well. Defense looks much better. Sommers just scored on 72 yard bomb from Cobb. Score now 15-7 after extra point.

Alcoa leading 8-7 at Blankenship Field. They haven't punted yet through 4 possessions. Oak Ridge scored on a long pass. Alcoa has a safety and scored on long drive, missed extra point. Moving the ball very well. Defense looks much better. Sommers just scored on 72 yard bomb from Cobb. Score now 15-7 after extra point.

Jared Stephens just scored on 4 and 10 scramble, very elusive. Missed XP 15-13.

If they had four possessions and no punts should they not have had more than 8 points at the time? Just curious.

You guys are blowing my socks off! Up to date scoring of a scrimmage game?!! Keep it up! This sort of stuff makes being an Oak Ridge Wildcat or Alcoa Tornado fan special. I could also see this happening at Maryville and Kingsport D-B.

GO Oak Ridge...my town.

GO Hixson...my current town.

GO Brainerd...my students' future school.

Alcoa won 15-13 tonight and moved the ball very well. Would probably have scored more if not for two fumbles. One of the fumbles came on a first and 10 on oak ridges 13 by randall cobb on a fumbled snap and the other came on a randall cobb run of about 15 yards. Other than the fumbles alcoas offense moved the ball great and the young defense has been much improved over the last two scrimmages. By the way did anyone else see alcoas FR. Darrall warren and stephen isom looked good but i was most impressed with the play of FR qb austin tallant. He will be an unreal qb on the varsity level when his time comes.

Now, that was a good scrimmage for both teams under game like conditions.

Both teams looked pretty good with a few things to go back to the practice field and work on.

For Oak Ridge, Stephens and Coffee are real threats to score at anytime. Stephens had a real strong run, and Coffee a sweet TD pass.

Alcoa moved the ball well against Oak Ridge, but two long drives ended with fumbles. After being down 7-0, Alcoa got its first score with a OR muffed punt that sailed thru the end zone for a safety. Alcoa would take the next drive the length of the field for a TD. Alcoa missed the extra point. Score 8-7. OR's next drive moved the ball to mid field but could not covert on a third drive and had to punt. Alcoa was able to drive from the 30yard line, 70 yards for their second TD. Extra point made it 15-7. OR's next scoring drive, highlighted some sweet runs from Stephens @ QB position gave OR their second score. OR went for 2......an incomplete pass. Score and final Alcoa 15, OR 13.

Now the surprise was Alcoa's second team playing Oak Ridges second team. Alcoa was defiantly the better team offensively and defensively. Final Alcoa 5 scores, OR 2.

Freshman team was a close battle with Alcoa winning 4-2. Oak Ridge's Freshman #32 is a speed demon! Fast!

Good luck to Oak Ridge this season!