Region 5 vs Region 6 1A

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We play our first game against Moore County and their new staff on Aug. 30th. I'm not really sure what to expect out of them. I think Eagleville is also scheduled to play them on the 24th so we'll have a better idea of what to expect after that contest. What other games are scheduled between the two regions this season?

We all know what happen last year in the early matchups, then when playoff time came around, I think we all can remember what happen then also. region 5 vs region 6 doest count until playoff time.

We all know what happen last year in the early matchups, then when playoff time came around, I think we all can remember what happen then also. region 5 vs region 6 doest count until playoff time.

Yeah, Region 5 had a little choke. Cascade's schedule looks a little soft, all 1A teams. Nobody has a tougher non region schedule than MP. It will be interesting to see how they handle the competition. JCS lost 3 or 4 games last year, but they scheduled up and it payed off. Hopefully that will be the case for MP.

Yeah, Region 5 had a little choke. Cascade's schedule looks a little soft, all 1A teams. Nobody has a tougher non region schedule than MP. It will be interesting to see how they handle the competition. JCS lost 3 or 4 games last year, but they scheduled up and it payed off. Hopefully that will be the case for MP.

What is MP's non-region Schedule?

What is MP's non-region Schedule?

Lewis Co and Fairview. Picked #1 and #2 in the revamped region 6-2A. Both were playoff teams in 2A last year.

Lewis Co. has beat down everybody they have scrimmaged so far, Lexington 4 to 0 (but three tds called back) and Bruceton 5 to 1, neither pushovers.

Our schedule, is what it is! We were only allowed to schedule one non-region game due to the geniuses at TSSAA deciding we needed a ten team region while some other regions only have 6 or 7 teams. (region 1- 6 teams, region 2- 7 teams, region 8- only 5 teams!!) We picked up an old region 6 traditional rival for our non-region game. Soft or not, our schedule was pretty much decided for us.

Yes, "87" we all remember that Region 6 was God last year. If you will read a little closer, the intent of this thread was not to compare the strengths of each region. I was only curious to find out how many teams will be matching up against teams from the region that we will be facing when playoff time comes. I could care less which region is tougher at this point in the season, but if you want to go there feel free. I'm sure that boasting will catch up with you eventually!

Region 5 vs. 6 games:

Eagleville vs. Moore Co. (8/24)

Clarksville Academy vs. Huntland (8/31)

cascade vs. Moore Co. (8/31)

MTCS vs. Perry Co. (8/31)

Community vs. Cornersville (8/31)

Eagleville/MC and Cascade/MC should be the best games. The others might be somewhat lackluster compared, but region 6 should get the best of the matches.

Community might sneak up on Cornersville.

Our schedule, is what it is! We were only allowed to schedule one non-region game due to the geniuses at TSSAA deciding we needed a ten team region while some other regions only have 6 or 7 teams. (region 1- 6 teams, region 2- 7 teams, region 8- only 5 teams!!) We picked up an old region 6 traditional rival for our non-region game. Soft or not, our schedule was pretty much decided for us.

Thank you thats exactly what I was thinking about the different number of teams in the region. Then you look at 2A and its even more screwed up!