8/18 East Robertson Jamboree

timbdp

I saw Greenbrier play Westmorland... WOW....they will pack a punch. IF they keep it up and stay healthy, they will be hard to beat I see them deep into the post season.

This Jamboree should be fun to watch....even the middle schools, as they are all future regional or district foes.

>>>>>>>>>

^^^^^^^^^^

Does anyone know what kind of team Houston County has?

Houston Co. has several different kinds of teams. For this function they will be bringing their football team. Sorry just had to do that. Straight from the Tennessean:

HOUSTON COUNTY

• Coach: Ray Busey, fifth season.

• 2006 record: 4-6, 4-4.

• Nuggets: With a combined 20 juniors and seniors back, this is Busey's most experienced team. QB Kyle Cook (6-1, 175) has started last 1 1/2 seasons. DE Brent Schmidt (6-0, 170), a

four-year starter, and LB Josh Leach (5-11, 225) will lead defense.

and from Ontheballmag.com:

Region 7-2A 2007 PREDICTED FINISH

1. Camden

2. Huntingdon

3. Waverly

4. Adamsville

5. Riverside

6. Houston Co.

7. Stewart Co.

East Robertson Middle 14 vs Coopertown Middle 0

WH Heritage Middle 8 vs Jo Byrns Middle 0

Jo Byrns 17 vs Houston Co 0

WH Heritage 7 vs Todd Co,KY 0

Greenbrier 7 vs Hendersonville 21

East Robertson 0 vs Cheatham Co 0

Just to clarify, Greenbrier scored quickly on Hendersonville and pulled the starters right away. Even a East Robertson person sitting next to me mentioned that our starters were pulled pretty quickly. No sense in getting starters hurt in a pointless scrimmage when our season starts next Friday. Overall, I think the Cats are looking good, but next week will be a good test.

Just to clarify, Greenbrier scored quickly on Hendersonville and pulled the starters right away. Even a East Robertson person sitting next to me mentioned that our starters were pulled pretty quickly. No sense in getting starters hurt in a pointless scrimmage when our season starts next Friday. Overall, I think the Cats are looking good, but next week will be a good test.

YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE BOBCATS!!!

From the games that I saw here's the info that I took:

White House Heritage is headed in the right direction. The Patriots football program should make a run at the postseason in 2007. I don't know all that much about Todd Co. (KY) but Heritage did look good against them.

Greenbrier is going to be a good team this year. Coach Williams & Co. have a group that seems to play hard and for the short time that they played their starters last night the Bobcats did get after Class 5A Hendersonville.

Hendersonville had a scrimmage Friday evening against White House. Last night they played Greenbrier in the jamboree. I don't know if the Commandoes played their varsity or junior varsity in this one in all honesty. It looked to me like the same kids pretty much played from the outset for HHS and they enjoyed all of their success against Greenbrier's JV.

East Robertson is tremendously improved since I last saw them in the spring. They have a lineman that transferred and he is the real deal. Offensively they seemed much more in sync which is very common for a team to do from the second week of spring drills to the final week of preseason practice during the fall.

Cheatham Co. did not play well at all. All of the credit in the world should go to their opponent last night for handing their hats to them but overall the Cubs have some improving that must take place. During fall practice as a whole I thought that CCCHS looked solid against Fairview and looked even better at Waverly. Last night the Cubs took a step backward and they need a good week of practice coming up to prepare for a tough opponent in Gordonsville. I BELIEVE IN THE END THIS CHEATHAM COUNTY TEAM WILL BE FINE & HAVE A GOOD SEASON IN 2007!!!

I DID NOT SEE THE HOUSTON COUNTY VS JO BYRNS GAME!!!!

White House Heritage is headed in the right direction. The Patriots football program should make a run at the postseason in 2007. I don't know all that much about Todd Co. (KY) but Heritage did look good against them.

WH-Heritage looked like they have very much potential; for 1A standards they have a huge offensive line and a bowling ball for a TB. They also have a very capable QB in Joey Mclung (I think, sorry if that is not his name)I believe they will present match-up problems for any team they face in 1A and I am really looking foward to when they play JBS. They played really sloppy w/ several turn-overs and what not but it is still early and they are well coached; I look for those kinks to be worked out. Todd Co. has been a solid team in KY the last few years and they appeared to have some good athletes but they did not have a lot of size.

JBS also looked very good and sharp; they appear to be ahead of Heritage at this point but I believe the gap will be considerably closer by the time they meet. JBS were very balanced on offense and looked ok on defense; Defense is probably the biggest area of concearn b/c they lost some great players (Tuck) on that side of the ball but I do believe they will be just fine. They will make a strong run in play-offs and be 1 of the top teams in 1A yet again.