trousdale county in 1a.why?

I'm not trying to be arrogant, but I have my doubts about TC & SC moving up a few yrs back to 3A. Just to escape the wrath of 2 - 2A private schools. We've successfully been down that road. Stop by some times & check out that Gold 72 AA ball; along with those 73,74,75 silver ones. correct me if i'm wrong , but I think there were only 3 classifications during that time.

And yes we fell short, couldn't gettterrr done while our stay in 3A, but (came close). it was nice seeing the old Region 4 /3A come alive once again, and personally I would like to see it again.....

So when it's time to submit to TSS$$ reclassification. We'll make our move, and so will others.

Nice topic

Suits me.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

I don't know if the young ladds on this years TC team could compete in 3-A.

I know I wouldn't bet against them......Most years TC can compete with anyone.....

It's been me experience that the bigger the challenge....the better they play..........

I don't know the reasons why TC chose to move to 3A instead of 2A. I do know that the old Region 4-3A was some of the best football that I have seen in a number of years. The Portland -Smith Co. games were unbelievable, as were LA- Portland.........LA-Smith Co........... and TC against all mentioned. The Jackets came so close for a chance to win a Gold Ball. I believe Fulton beat them 14 to 13 in the 4th rd. I forgot Macon Co. lost to Fulton in the 4th rd. as did SmithCo.

What I miss is the packed stadiums and football atmosphere that was evident every Friday night. I dare say that if you ask coach Satterfield if he missed that old Region he would definitely say YES. But why wouldn/t he as well as the other coaches. A good competitive Region with a big Gate !!!

Oh yeah who could ever forget the Macon- Smith Co. regular season as well as the play-off game.

I couldn't agree more. Those were four years of great football. Usually three or four teams from the region were ranked in the top ten.

Didn't 1A TC beat 3A LA back in 05? Didn't LA win the 3A gold ball that year? As far as I'm concerned, TC was the 1A and 3A champs that year. Anyway, TC will do the best they can, which will be more than most expect. Good luck to all the teams!

Wouldn't it be great if we could get that old region back together?!!