trousdale county in 1a.why?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They actually chose to play in Class AAA instead of A or AA. They're pretty good in any class.

They moved up to 2A because of enrollment and chose to move up to 3A, the reasons have been discussed on here time and time again. They're down in 1A again, even though they'd probably be in 2A just barely if the enrollments and classifications were taken care more often than every four years.

They actually chose to play in Class AAA instead of A or AA. They're pretty good in any class.

They had no choice but to move up when they went to 3a. They just chose 3a instead of 2a. When the enrollment numbers went up after the multiplier, they made 1a again. They can compete in any one of the three.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not a Trousdale Co. hater. Trousdale and the SC owls chose to move up to 3A to escape the wrath of 2 private schools that were pretty good at that time here in Middle Tennessee. Trousdale chose to move back down because they probably knew if they wanted to win another State Championship it would probably be in 1A. Correct me if I'm wrong but they never won the State in 3A did they?

Dont get me wrong, I'm not a Trousdale Co. hater. Trousdale and the SC owls chose to move up to 3A to escape the wrath of 2 private schools that were pretty good at that time here in Middle Tennessee. Trousdale chose to move back down because they probably knew if they wanted to win another State Championship it would probably be in 1A. Correct me if I'm wrong but they never won the State in 3A did they?

They didn't win it all in 3a ,but they sure could have. They lost in the 4th round to the Champion by 1 point. Thats pretty close.

I don't know the reasons why TC chose to move to 3A instead of 2A. I do know that the old Region 4-3A was some of the best football that I have seen in a number of years. The Portland -Smith Co. games were unbelievable, as were LA- Portland.........LA-Smith Co........... and TC against all mentioned. The Jackets came so close for a chance to win a Gold Ball. I believe Fulton beat them 14 to 13 in the 4th rd. I forgot Macon Co. lost to Fulton in the 4th rd. as did SmithCo.

What I miss is the packed stadiums and football atmosphere that was evident every Friday night. I dare say that if you ask coach Satterfield if he missed that old Region he would definitely say YES. But why wouldn/t he as well as the other coaches. A good competitive Region with a big Gate !!!

Oh yeah who could ever forget the Macon- Smith Co. regular season as well as the play-off game.

Guest Termite

I think this has been covered before........... but...............IF...IF that was the case.."to escape the wrath of 2 private schools"...were they the only ones smart enough move up????

Juicy....you are correct..........those were great games. It was one of those times when you almost wish they all played on different nights so you could see them all. It was a rival game 4-5 times a year......not once or twice.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I'm not trying to be arrogant, but I have my doubts about TC & SC moving up a few yrs back to 3A. Just to escape the wrath of 2 - 2A private schools. We've successfully been down that road. Stop by some times & check out that Gold 72 AA ball; along with those 73,74,75 silver ones. correct me if i'm wrong , but I think there were only 3 classifications during that time.

And yes we fell short, couldn't gettterrr done while our stay in 3A, but (came close). it was nice seeing the old Region 4 /3A come alive once again, and personally I would like to see it again.....

So when it's time to submit to TSS$$ reclassification. We'll make our move, and so will others.

Nice topic