D-B MARYVILLE SCRIMMAGE

HONKYLIPS07

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville won 14-0, but the score was a bit decieving.

DB defense looked really good, rumors of their demise have been greatly exaggerated. They looked better defensively than last year, and if not for working with a short field the score would have not been so one sided. Offense has some things to work out, but once that happens they`ll be as good as usual IMO. They dropped a sure TD, QB missed several open guys, and they had a fumble that set up a Maryville score.

Maryville offense was really good when they passed short, they had their trouble throwing deeper than 20yds. Arron Douglas is every bit the player everyone makes him out to be, for a guy that big he has really good moves. Maryville defense defended the run well other than the 1st series, but even on that they held to not allow a score. DB WR's seemed to be running free in the secondary a lot, they just dropped a lot of passes(helped by some hard Maryville hits).

Overall I think both teams saw things to work on, and some things they can be proud of. Wish the starters had gotten to go again(or better yet a game) but CN had a practice a 7pm and kicked them off the field.

it doesnt surprise me a jeff county clown would say that this years defense looked better than last years that is just a joke. but about the scrimmage i heard from a few players that we played alot better today but that maryville isnt as strong as usual except for certain players. but other than that i heard the WRs couldnt catch the ball all day but our defense didnt do that bad against them. but we still didnt score on offense which is not a surprise ( the touchdown was on a fumble recovery). but atleast some of the players felt like they played alot better today cause after the central scrimmages alot of the players i talked to were kinda worried and not very confident. good luck and hopefully they keep getting better as the year continues.

it doesnt surprise me a jeff county clown would say that this years defense looked better than last years that is just a joke. but about the scrimmage i heard from a few players that we played alot better today but that maryville isnt as strong as usual except for certain players. but other than that i heard the WRs couldnt catch the ball all day but our defense didnt do that bad against them. but we still didnt score on offense which is not a surprise ( the touchdown was on a fumble recovery). but atleast some of the players felt like they played alot better today cause after the central scrimmages alot of the players i talked to were kinda worried and not very confident. good luck and hopefully they keep getting better as the year continues.

This "clown" calls it like he sees it(PS I'm not the only person at the scrimmage who saw it that way, the Maryville fans I sat next to thought the same thing) Seeing how you didn`t see the scrimmage and you're relying on 2nd hand info you're in no position to dispute a thing I said. Based on what I saw in this scrimmage vs two games last year(Jeff County and William Blount) I think this years defense looks better. Now obviously you can`t fully compare the two until the end of the season and a lot can happen between now and then, but at this point I am more impressed with this group than the last one. Never thought I`d see the day I complement a fan's team and have them jump down my throat in return, but hey whatever floats your boat.

I'm not so sure Mr. Crazy has ever played for DB, knows any DB players, or is even a DB fan. All the info. he claims to get from "current players" you can get right here on these message boards. The comment about DB players not being confident stands out to me. I have never heard of a DB player on any team any year not being confident. Your not that Smith guy that coaches Science Hill are you Mr. Crazy?

I'm not so sure Mr. Crazy has ever played for DB, knows any DB players, or is even a DB fan. All the info. he claims to get from "current players" you can get right here on these message boards. The comment about DB players not being confident stands out to me. I have never heard of a DB player on any team any year not being confident. Your not that Smith guy that coaches Science Hill are you Mr. Crazy?

I like the way you think. Anybody thats says something derogatory about DB surely can't be a DB fan, student, player, teacher or alumni.

The actual score was 19 to 7 Maryville scored first on a pass from Brent Burnett to Steven Shiver in back of the endzone made extra point second was a fumble recovery at D.B. 10 yardline handoff from Brent Burnett to Cody Mccoy missed extra point third score was by D.B. on a Q.B. fumble returned all the way extra point was good from more than regular distance was a very nice kick fourth score was pass from Aaron Chamberlain to Cody Harris missed extra point. Maryville was sloppy in first couple of series but got their act togeather after that .D.B. looked pretty good on D but the recivers need to work on catching the ball before they start season too many droped passes.