REGION 1 & REGION 2 4A Jamborees

PowrPlus

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well . . . How did it go?

Who were the fastest linemen, longest pass and etc.

Phillips/Pass, Bible/FL...I got there late. The best .25 was SEHS/J County. They will both bust somebody in the mouth. Central looked good as I predicted. 'Betsy looked weak as I predicted. North fought tooth, fang and claw but they don't have much. Bristol looked very good and so did Unicoi. Bristol played everybody but the starters. The whole conference has taken it up a notch. Not many stayed to watch South except THS. Someone else will have to give the account on South as I'm in quarantine.

Region 2-4A Jamboree Tomorrow Night

Begins 6:30 PM

Burke-Toney Stadium at Morristown East

1st Quarter - Morristown East vs Greeneville

Cherokee vs Jefferson County and Daniel Boone vs Volunteer will be in quarters 2 and 3, not sure of which plays when

HALFTIME EVENTS

4th Quarter - Morristown West vs Cocke County

5th Quarter - Morristown West vs David Crockett

Would advise getting there early if you go. Morristown is holding a downtown parade for the LL Softball World Champions and then having a reception event at Sherwood Park, adjacent to Morristown East and Burke-Toney.

Where will Johnson Co finish. They seem to improve every year.Those boys are always strong and will hit. To be a small school, they do a heck of a job.

1-S South.

2-TN High.

3-Johnson Co.

4-Unicoi Co. ????????? just dont know, it's hard to tell........

Johnson co looked good they might be able to handle TN high, and it will be hard to handle S.S. in in the mtn lakes, curt looked sharp,real good QB.

South looked significantly bigger than everybody. Bottom line with South...If you don't get a lot (key words A LOT) of pressure on Curt YOU WILL LOOSE. But we all knew that. What we now know is that the also have the receivers that will test anybodies secondary. So what to do... if you blitz every time Curt will hurt you with the arm. If you double up on pass coverage (because they are sending at least four almost every play) Curt will hurt you with the feet. WHAT TO DO???! I say try to stay in the game till the fourth quarter. Depth seems to be an issue for South because many players play both ways. Central and North were as expected and unfortunately Central will have an even tougher time because they lost their starting QB for a while to a possible broken wrist on his throwing arm... and he was running the show for the Cougars. Hopefully not...but it don't look good. Unicoi, East and Elizabethton will battle for the fourth spots, Johnson County really impressed me tonight! Hard nosed as expected but I have to say that Mtnmaroon called it...JC is actually more athletic this year. In fact, I predict that #18 with give Phillips a run for his money for Offensive Player of the Year. I walked away tonight seeing a close three way race for the conference title with South having a slight edge in momentum.

South looked significantly bigger than everybody. Bottom line with South...If you don't get a lot (key words A LOT) of pressure on Curt YOU WILL LOOSE. But we all knew that. What we now know is that the also have the receivers that will test anybodies secondary. So what to do... if you blitz every time Curt will hurt you with the arm. If you double up on pass coverage (because they are sending at least four almost every play) Curt will hurt you with the feet. WHAT TO DO???! I say try to stay in the game till the fourth quarter. Depth seems to be an issue for South because many players play both ways. Central and North were as expected and unfortunately Central will have an even tougher time because they lost their starting QB for a while to a possible broken wrist on his throwing arm... and he was running the show for the Cougars. Hopefully not...but it don't look good. Unicoi, East and Elizabethton will battle for the fourth spots, Johnson County really impressed me tonight! Hard nosed as expected but I have to say that Mtnmaroon called it...JC is actually more athletic this year. In fact, I predict that #18 with give Phillips a run for his money for Offensive Player of the Year. I walked away tonight seeing a close three way race for the conference title with South having a slight edge in momentum.

Cap...appreciate the honest and spot-on accurate summary of how it looks going into Week 0. Heartbreaking news about Carl Roberts the Central QB. While in the 8th at Holston Middle and during bball season (I believe) he broke his foot. A broken foot is a full year recovery to the previous agility level (depending how many metataursals are broken and where) and is why he had little action in his Frosh year. He was a starting QB in 7th grade and then moved to RB in the 8th grade. He is currently a Junior and the move by Anthony to position him at QB was evidence of good coaching. Duke Moritz is backup and was the starter last year so they have an able QB as replacement however, Roberts was their ace in the hole. He is an athlete as evidenced by his short performance at the Jamboree. Injuries are so unfair and we've all been there but no one needs humbling twice. My thoughts are with him. J County...Congratulations! You've come of age! I don't know if they can represent this conference but it's evident they are going to try. And Prudhome has class...something that's not quite the commodity in the City in the Mountains. 'Cmon now guys...don't get mad...I'm just funnin'...you know yall's favorite reply is "Gitchye Summe"! Anyway Cap...good luck to all.

Hi there gentlemen. I was not able to make it to the Jamboree last evening, can anyone tell me how it went for the North kids. Mr. Acton has gone on to be in the army and is in Basic at Ft. Benning at the moment and I promised him I would try and keep up with everyone and the high lights. Hope every one does well this year and hope that there arent too many injuries. Luck to all . Mom Acton

Hi there gentlemen. I was not able to make it to the Jamboree last evening, can anyone tell me how it went for the North kids. Mr. Acton has gone on to be in the army and is in Basic at Ft. Benning at the moment and I promised him I would try and keep up with everyone and the high lights. Hope every one does well this year and hope that there arent too many injuries. Luck to all . Mom Acton

Your son will be sorely missed! And that’s probably an understatement. They had the unfortunate task of being “the other team” that played Curt Phillips...ops I meant to say South . Unfortunately for North Curt didn’t disappoint on the opening drive… and I think South scored in 5 plays maybe? I left shortly after that but it looked like North did tighten up the D but their Offense was never able to put anything together.