Stone Memorial vs Cumberland Co.

brumfield

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess judging by the number of posts on this thread the official name should be the "Nobody Cares Bowl". I would prefer the "Biggest Loser Bowl" myself, but I understand there is just not enough interest. It really is sad because I remember back many years ago when this program was competitive, but I guess folks up there are content with losing and being considered a "gimme game" by other teams in their region. Oh well good luck and I would watch for the score, but I am sure no one cares enough to get media coverage on this years "Nobody Cares Bowl".

This game is FAR from a who cares bowl.

Last year, SMHS beat CCHS with a 34 yard field goal with inside of 2 minutes left in the game. CCHS would go on to have a horrible season resulting in a few of their players quitting before the season was over. SMHS went on to a 8-2 season and was not eligile for playoff contention since it was their first year and had to compete in a junior varsity level.

Ohhhh my...how a off season flys by. SMHS comes into this game Friday night bruised and hurt. Their senior QB Tyler Crowder is hurt and will not play Friday night. Both teams will go to QB's will little playing time. During the preseason it was the Jets that looked promising for this year. The Jets have also obtained some SIZE on the line and are looking for a little payback from last years loss to SMHS

Its gonna be a great game!

By the way, 105.7 The Hog will have the game live Friday night and their website has it available to listen online!

www.1057thehog.com

Warrior probably has never played a down of football in his life...Truth be known, he probably tried for either or both CCHS or SMHS and was cut, so moves to Bledsoe Co. to be the water boy and trash talk on CoachT.

Just for the record... I was playing and studying this game before most people on here were born. I stated earlier that I remember when CCHS was competitive. I remember Curt Watson, Dana Winningham, and others. So I have played a down or two in my time and I would like to see Cumberland County bring back its once winning tradition rather than see people accept being seen as a freebie by region opponents.

Just for the record... I was playing and studying this game before most people on here were born. I stated earlier that I remember when CCHS was competitive. I remember Curt Watson, Dana Winningham, and others. So I have played a down or two in my time and I would like to see Cumberland County bring back its once winning tradition rather than see people accept being seen as a freebie by region opponents.

I think many would like to see that Warrior. But times change. SMHS is now in Cumberland County to contend with CCHS. However, after my own looking at this game this week, I am going to go with the Jets in a close one. The Panthers are banged up and their starting QB is out for the season with an injury.

I think many would like to see that Warrior. But times change. SMHS is now in Cumberland County to contend with CCHS. However, after my own looking at this game this week, I am going to go with the Jets in a close one. The Panthers are banged up and their starting QB is out for the season with an injury.

How can you say SMHS to contend with CCHS? They are in different regions and different classifications. No one should care who wins as it will have no bearing on what should really matter to the players, fans, and coaches. It is all about the end season result...whether or not you make the playoffs and how far you get once you get there. Anything less should be unexceptable.

How can you say SMHS to contend with CCHS? They are in different regions and different classifications. No one should care who wins as it will have no bearing on what should really matter to the players, fans, and coaches. It is all about the end season result...whether or not you make the playoffs and how far you get once you get there. Anything less should be unexceptable.

Its the beginning of a rivalry.... You know like Marion County/South Pittsburg...Niether of them are in the same class or region and this is probably the game they look forward to all year.... Like VoiceofCumberland said times of changed from the 1950's....

CCHS JETS 28

SMHS 17

CCHS evens the score after dropping a good high school football game last year. The crowd for last years game was big and awesome. The kind of game that exemplifies what High School sports should be about: School spirit, sportsmanship, and overall good respect shown by both sides. I am sure this will grow into a great annual game that all of Cumberland Co. can be proud of.