Region 4 Pickem

R WEEK 0:Oakland @ Riverdale

Coffee County @ Shelbyville

Blackman @ LaVergne ( Hot pick of the week)

Siegel @ Smyrna

Franklin Co @ Wilson Central

Antioch @ MBA

Franklin @ Hillsboro

BA @ Independence

LC @ Tullahoma

Stone Memorial @ Cumberland County

Riverdale

Coffee County

LaVergne

Smyrna

Wilson Central

MBA

Hillsboro

Brentwood Academy

Lincoln County

Cumberland County

THE SQUAD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We folks, we are here again, week 0 for the Region 4 Pickem. This year I am looking to spice things up a little bit. I thought about breaking it up into division, but that would have to be reliant on everyone posting their picks by thursday night, so I dont know if that will happen. So, the top 16 will be in the playoffs so to speak, starting in the first week of the playoffs all the way to the semi-finals with the winner getting the plus membership. In the event of a tie, I will designate tiebreakers for the last week of the regular season and then in the playoffs

However, if you guys like the division idea better, we can always designate this as a free week, and Ill have everybody broken into divisions by the start of week 1, but I am a man of the people, so let me know what you think.

But to not delay, HERE ARE YOUR REGION 4 PICKEM GAMES FOR WEEK 0:

Oakland @ Riverdale

Siegel @ Smyrna

Antioch @ MBA

Franklin @ Hillsboro

BA @ Independence

LC @ Tullahoma

I am looking forward to this once again, and hopefully this time school and work wont interfere with me being able to host this contest again, have fun guys!

Riverdale- don't fool your self Oakland fans..

Coffee County- heard good things about them

LaVergne- close game but Lavergne will pull it out

Smyrna- State Champs have something to prove..

Willson Central- Toss up

MBA- very good team

Hillsboro- close close game and probably the best of the week but Hillsboro has to many athletes to handle

BA- State Champs they also have something to prove... WIN BIG

LC- Toss Up

Cumberland County- TOSS UP!!!

We folks, we are here again, week 0 for the Region 4 Pickem. This year I am looking to spice things up a little bit. I thought about breaking it up into division, but that would have to be reliant on everyone posting their picks by thursday night, so I dont know if that will happen. So, the top 16 will be in the playoffs so to speak, starting in the first week of the playoffs all the way to the semi-finals with the winner getting the plus membership. In the event of a tie, I will designate tiebreakers for the last week of the regular season and then in the playoffs

However, if you guys like the division idea better, we can always designate this as a free week, and Ill have everybody broken into divisions by the start of week 1, but I am a man of the people, so let me know what you think.

Oakland @ Riverdale

Siegel @ Smyrna

Antioch @ MBA

Franklin @ Hillsboro

BA @ Independence

LC @ Tullahoma

I am looking forward to this once again, and hopefully this time school and work wont interfere with me being able to host this contest again, have fun guys!

Riverdal-speed and quickness

couldn't tell you

ill go with LaVergne

Smyrna of course

don't kno much about FC, ill go with WC(scrimmage against antioch)

MBA of course

Hillsboro-few more athletes

BA-too dominant

couldn't tell you

couldn't tell you

Oakland @ Riverdale- RIVERDALE

Coffee County @ Shelbyville- COFFEE COUNTY

Blackman @ Lavergne- LAVERGNE

Siegel @ Smyrna- SMYRNA

Franklin Co. @ Wilson Central- WC

Antioch @ MBA- MBA

Franklin @ Hillsboro- HILLSBORO

BA @ Independence- BA

LC @ Tullahoma- LINCOLN CO

Stone Memorial @ Cumb Co- CUMBERLAND

Oakland @ Riverdale

Blackman @ LaVergne

Siegel @ Smyrna

Antioch @ MBA

Franklin @ Hillsboro

BA @ Independence

LC @ Tullahoma

Riverdale over Oakland 35-14: The Patriots will make it interesting for a while folks and I see this one being one of those 21-14 types of games going into the 4th Quarter. Then is when I believe the Warriors will add a TD to extend the lead to 14 points. Oakland will then be forced to get away from it's Wing-T attack and Riverdale's defense will force a turnover that either results in a TD returned for six or a short field that leads to six.

Coffee County over Shelbyville 34-7: Coffee Co. is a Class 5A Playoff team that I have heard nothing but good things about since they scrimmaged Marshall Co. this past Friday. Shelbyville Central may be the worst Class 4A team in the state right now and the rebuilding has to eventually begin for those guys to get back to the postseason. This will be a good warm-up for Coffee Co. heading into the clash with Tullahoma.

LaVergne over Blackman 28-21: Coach Thomas is now at Marshall Co. but Coach Will Hester is still running the offense and LaVergne's spread attack has a great core of receivers returning (despite losing one of them via transfer). Blackman will be improved and will put up a great fight but I have got to take the home team in this one.

Smyrna over Siegel 28-7: The Class 5A State Champions open up on a Saturday Night in Primetime against an inferior opponent it seems. Siegel can be a pesky opposition as Riverdale discovered in it's opener last year and I believe that the Class 5A champs will also see this for a while. I picture this one being a 7-7 type of contest at the half and then Coach Shadowens really will lay into his Bulldogs in the lockerroom. Smyrna will play one good half of football and for them that's still good enough to top Siegel's Stars.

Franklin Co. over Wilson Central 14-10: The Rebels from Winchester seem poised for improvement this season and I know some will call this an upset but I am not going to do so. Franklin Co. played hard and with passion in their scrimmage with Riverdale and from what I hear they can be the team to challenge Cookeville & Lincoln Co. in the region. Wilson Central may be the worst team in a very good Region 4-5A but still I believe it's going to be a long season for that group.

MBA over Antioch 21-8: The Big Red should come out playing with a serious purpose in this one after last year's disappointment. There is plenty of excitement surrounding the football program at MBA and a home opener against a second round 5A football team would be a great start to what needs to be a "bounce back" season. Antioch should be a playoff team from their region and the Bears may even win the region over a rebuilding Gallatin bunch and their Metro/Nashville rivals Overton, Hunters Lane, & McGavock.

Hillsboro over Franklin 28-21: When the highlights come on Friday night this will be "the game" that every station around the midstate is covering. The Rebels are going to be a very good 5A football team this year. The Burros may be the best team in 4A this year. I see this one going to the wire but in the end it will be the Burros playmakers that are ultimately the difference.

Brentwood Academy over Indy 35-21: The Eagles will be under a different head coach other than Carlton Flatt for the first time in a while (I know he stepped aside once but IT WASN'T FOR LONG). BA is still going to be BA and anyone who doubts this is in for a rude awakening. The Eagles have a tremendous offensive backfield returning and they can run the football on anyone. Indy has a new coach as well since Scott Smith took over at Science Hill. They are a talented group that should challenge Ravenwood & Brentwood for postseason seeding (Franklin is my pick to win that region).

Tullahoma over Lincoln Co. 21-17: The Wildcats are said to be rebuilding under coach Olive but in truth they may be poised for a big season. Lincoln Co. is always a tough football program under Coach Thompson and this year should be no exception. I'd likely take the Falcons if this game were being played at "The Pit" but now that it's not I am taking the Wildcats to win and set up a big showdown the next week against Coffee Co.

Cumberland Co. over Stone Memorial 13-7: The Jets are not what anyone would call a Class 5A powerhouse but they better beat Class 3A's newest representative. The Panthers are in Region 2-3A which has posted five of the last six state champions and year number one of the construction project is likely going to be rough. THERE HAS TO BE A WINNER!!!!

Oakland @ Riverdale

Siegel @ Smyrna

Antioch @ MBA

Franklin @ Hillsboro

BA @ Independence

LC @ Tullahoma

Riverdale

Coffee County

Blackman

smyrna

wilson central

antioch

franklin

BA

Lincoln

Cumberland

Riverdale over Oakland 35-14: The Patriots will make it interesting for a while folks and I see this one being one of those 21-14 types of games going into the 4th Quarter. Then is when I believe the Warriors will add a TD to extend the lead to 14 points. Oakland will then be forced to get away from it's Wing-T attack and Riverdale's defense will force a turnover that either results in a TD returned for six or a short field that leads to six.

Coffee County over Shelbyville 34-7: Coffee Co. is a Class 5A Playoff team that I have heard nothing but good things about since they scrimmaged Marshall Co. this past Friday. Shelbyville Central may be the worst Class 4A team in the state right now and the rebuilding has to eventually begin for those guys to get back to the postseason. This will be a good warm-up for Coffee Co. heading into the clash with Tullahoma.

LaVergne over Blackman 28-21: Coach Thomas is now at Marshall Co. but Coach Will Hester is still running the offense and LaVergne's spread attack has a great core of receivers returning (despite losing one of them via transfer). Blackman will be improved and will put up a great fight but I have got to take the home team in this one.

Smyrna over Siegel 28-7: The Class 5A State Champions open up on a Saturday Night in Primetime against an inferior opponent it seems. Siegel can be a pesky opposition as Riverdale discovered in it's opener last year and I believe that the Class 5A champs will also see this for a while. I picture this one being a 7-7 type of contest at the half and then Coach Shadowens really will lay into his Bulldogs in the lockerroom. Smyrna will play one good half of football and for them that's still good enough to top Siegel's Stars.

Franklin Co. over Wilson Central 14-10: The Rebels from Winchester seem poised for improvement this season and I know some will call this an upset but I am not going to do so. Franklin Co. played hard and with passion in their scrimmage with Riverdale and from what I hear they can be the team to challenge Cookeville & Lincoln Co. in the region. Wilson Central may be the worst team in a very good Region 4-5A but still I believe it's going to be a long season for that group.

MBA over Antioch 21-8: The Big Red should come out playing with a serious purpose in this one after last year's disappointment. There is plenty of excitement surrounding the football program at MBA and a home opener against a second round 5A football team would be a great start to what needs to be a "bounce back" season. Antioch should be a playoff team from their region and the Bears may even win the region over a rebuilding Gallatin bunch and their Metro/Nashville rivals Overton, Hunters Lane, & McGavock.

Hillsboro over Franklin 28-21: When the highlights come on Friday night this will be "the game" that every station around the midstate is covering. The Rebels are going to be a very good 5A football team this year. The Burros may be the best team in 4A this year. I see this one going to the wire but in the end it will be the Burros playmakers that are ultimately the difference.

Brentwood Academy over Indy 35-21: The Eagles will be under a different head coach other than Carlton Flatt for the first time in a while (I know he stepped aside once but IT WASN'T FOR LONG). BA is still going to be BA and anyone who doubts this is in for a rude awakening. The Eagles have a tremendous offensive backfield returning and they can run the football on anyone. Indy has a new coach as well since Scott Smith took over at Science Hill. They are a talented group that should challenge Ravenwood & Brentwood for postseason seeding (Franklin is my pick to win that region).

Tullahoma over Lincoln Co. 21-17: The Wildcats are said to be rebuilding under coach Olive but in truth they may be poised for a big season. Lincoln Co. is always a tough football program under Coach Thompson and this year should be no exception. I'd likely take the Falcons if this game were being played at "The Pit" but now that it's not I am taking the Wildcats to win and set up a big showdown the next week against Coffee Co.

Cumberland Co. over Stone Memorial 13-7: The Jets are not what anyone would call a Class 5A powerhouse but they better beat Class 3A's newest representative. The Panthers are in Region 2-3A which has posted five of the last six state champions and year number one of the construction project is likely going to be rough. THERE HAS TO BE A WINNER!!!!

Riverdale

Coffee

LaVernge

Smyrna

Wilson Central

MBA

Hillsboro

BA

Lincolon Co

Cumberland Co