Week 0: Franklin vs. Hillsboro

bulldogger07

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you think this game will turn out? Score predictions?

I havent seen Hillsboro play this year i saw the championship game last year though. From what ive heard they have a very weak passing game this year but a strong running game. I have seen Franklin alittle bit so far this year and they have a very strong running game and a pretty good passing one as well. They have a top notch defense that i expect will slow Hillsboro and cause Franklin to win by atleast a TD or 2

I havent seen Hillsboro play this year i saw the championship game last year though. From what ive heard they have a very weak passing game this year but a strong running game. I have seen Franklin alittle bit so far this year and they have a very strong running game and a pretty good passing one as well. They have a top notch defense that i expect will slow Hillsboro and cause Franklin to win by atleast a TD or 2

Hillsboro is returning ALL "skill" players. that means the passing game consists of all the same players that LIT IT UP last year. that said, coach blade is trying to limit 2-way players so the best receiver from last year may not see as much time on offense. they may not be as polished just yet here in week 0 though.. and yes, seward(#5) will run around/past franklin would-be tacklers (jus ask BA, he broke off several long runs last week; 2000+ last year) coupled with other athletes at RB they should move the ball easily. Hillsboro's secondary is outstanding led by junior eric gordon. LB's are undersized but very fast and strong.

Franklin is a good team and the first 5A team hhs has played in quite some time. if hillsboro loses one game this season, this will be it, simply because it is game one (slight history of losing first game). However: as many teams learned last year (particularly in playoffs), unless yur name is Maryville, Hillsboro can and will win the game. This concept is hard to understand for those who arent familiar with HHS football. In addition, hillsboro has already beaten franklin in 2 7-on-7 tournaments in addition to hillsboro's lineman beating franklin in a "strong-man" competition at WKU. Good luck to both teams. HHS: 28 FHS: 17 ???

Guest workinprogress

with a tough preseason schedule, I take the borros by 21.

how much of hillsboro's offense has clayton added?

Call the police, Hillsboro's speed game is a killer!!!!!!

last, who will shut down all those athletes running -4.5's.

Prediciton: Hillsboro opens a can of whoop bass!

I'll pick Hillsboro in a close one. I'll say Burros 21-17. I dont think the burro passing game will be on as Franklin will put pressure on Arrent. In the past when teams put pressure on him he has an off night. I do think that Seward rolls and hits a few long runs (40+) and the burros win.

Two excellent teams that is hard to pick, Hillsboro offense against Franklin defensive. My pick would be the team with the better special teams/kicking game. At this point of the season, this is an unknown. I would expect last second field goal winning the game with special teams making the difference.