Week 0: Franklin vs. Hillsboro

bulldogger07

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its true that both coaches had to agree to this says to me neither coach had confidence that their team could win this one. They would rather walk away with a tie rather than a lose.

dumb statement. as already stated by 12NCS, no one at hillsboro(players especially, talked to several after game) wanted this to end in a tie, and im sure franklin did not want to walk away with a tie either.. the coaches probably agreed to do so only so that they would not risk any injuries coming back out tonight as this is not a region game.. i was in green hills for a couple hours after the game and the weather stayed rather unfavorable with a little rain, continued lightening, and tremendous wind. surprised mba was able to finish up severeal miles down the road.. im envious.

Tennessean.com reports that TSSAA has advised Hillsboro and Franklin that the tie will not count. The game will be "no contest" unless it is finished.

If the TSSAA rule said that the game would count as a loss for each team I bet the game would have been finished. Perhaps the TSSAA should adjust that rule to prevent this situation in the future.

At this point, unless the teams have the same open date down the road this discussion is mute.

If the TSSAA rule said that the game would count as a loss for each team I bet the game would have been finished. Perhaps the TSSAA should adjust that rule to prevent this situation in the future.

At this point, unless the teams have the same open date down the road this discussion is mute.

Or the coaches should know state rules concerning ties. Both coaches are from out of state,but should know rules in Tennessee. The game will be finished,I'd bet on that. If they had known the rule it would have already been played.

Hillsboro wins this one either way. Blade needs to call and request a meeting of both teams, and if Clayton refuses, it is a loss for frankin. however, if Clayton Calls and Blade does not comply, Hillsboro loses. Simple resolution to a problem. They should meet around lunch on a field and play the last 7 minutes. Hillsboro ball and only 7 minutes to go. My money is on the burros by 7.

In 2005, Ridgeway tied Rogers, Ark., 20-20 during a regular-season game.

Since Arkansas state association rules allowed for ties and the game was played in Arkansas, the Tennessee state association awarded Ridgeway with half a win and half a loss.

Can someone please tell me how this would work? Ridgeway's 2005 record on the TSSAA website was listed as 9-0. So was it actually 9.5-.5??