Week 0: Franklin vs. Hillsboro

bulldogger07

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

workinprogress,

That's a very good observation. I was at the game. It was 7-7 and Franklin was driving after shutting down Hillsboro on their first drive of the 3rd quarter. (QB) Nichols got sacked, fumbled, and Hillsboro recovered. Hillsboro then completed a pass for about 20-30 yards and got an additional 15 yards tacked on due to a personal foul penalty. (RB) Seward ran it in after that giving Hillsboro a 14-7 lead. On Franklin's next possession (RB) Steele fumbled right into the hands of a Hillsboro defender and Hillsboro took over inside the Franklin 20. (RB) Seward squeezed through the line and ran it down inside the 5 yard line. That's when Franklin's defense made their goal line stand. Four straight Hillsboro runs inside the 5 yard line were stopped by Franklin's defense. Franklin then took over and drove the length of the field for the game tying touchdown scored by (RB) Lee. That drive would have never happened if a Hillsboro defender hadn't interfered with a Franklin WR on a third and long play. That gave Franklin a first down and kept the drive going.

Hillsboro was never in "control" of the game despite what some might want you to think. Neither team was in "control" of the game. The defenses were dictating play. When the officials sent the players off the field because of the lightning I actually thought they were doing Hillsboro a favor because momentum was definitely on Franklin's side after a HUGE goal line stand and a long 99-yard TD drive.

You failed to mention that after Hillsboro got the pass inteference on 3rd and 20, they stopped Franklin for 4 downs but got a roughing the passer call that got Franklin four more downs to make their last touchdown. I agree that neither team was in control. Two good teams playing. That is why score is currently tied at 14-14. That is why game needs to be finished.

I am almost positive that the Principals, Coaches, Referees, (Metro's AD was at game/so was Tribue) made the decision to stop the game at 10:10 after being delayed already for around 45 min. You say that you don't coach. Are you a referee? I doubt it. Were you at the game? I doubt it. Do you have a dog in the hunt? I doubt it. Is all that sacastic enough for ya. I believe the game will conclude in the next few weeks maybe on a monday night. Don't know for sure though. If/when this happens, why don't you come out, spend a couple bucks, eat a hot dog, drink a soda and see two good football teams?

WOW, you had an impressive group at the game, and I bet they were a great help!!!

workinprogress,

That's a very good observation. I was at the game. It was 7-7 and Franklin was driving after shutting down Hillsboro on their first drive of the 3rd quarter. (QB) Nichols got sacked, fumbled, and Hillsboro recovered. Hillsboro then completed a pass for about 20-30 yards and got an additional 15 yards tacked on due to a personal foul penalty. (RB) Seward ran it in after that giving Hillsboro a 14-7 lead. On Franklin's next possession (RB) Steele fumbled right into the hands of a Hillsboro defender and Hillsboro took over inside the Franklin 20. (RB) Seward squeezed through the line and ran it down inside the 5 yard line. That's when Franklin's defense made their goal line stand. Four straight Hillsboro runs inside the 5 yard line were stopped by Franklin's defense. Franklin then took over and drove the length of the field for the game tying touchdown scored by (RB) Lee. That drive would have never happened if a Hillsboro defender hadn't interfered with a Franklin WR on a third and long play. That gave Franklin a first down and kept the drive going.

Hillsboro was never in "control" of the game despite what some might want you to think. Neither team was in "control" of the game. The defenses were dictating play. When the officials sent the players off the field because of the lightning I actually thought they were doing Hillsboro a favor because momentum was definitely on Franklin's side after a HUGE goal line stand and a long 99-yard TD drive.

You talk about it as if there wasn't another team causing these turnovers. From the Franklin perspective they gave the ball away, from the Hillsboro perspective they took the ball away.

You talk about it as if there wasn't another team causing these turnovers. From the Franklin perspective they gave the ball away, from the Hillsboro perspective they took the ball away.

Give me a break. You and LadyFbFan are picking nits, looking for a reason to argue. I said that Hillsboro sacked Nichols and he fumbled. Most people will read that and come to the conclusion that he fumbled because of the Hillsboro defense. Let down your guard and open your mind. I wasn't disrespecting Hillsboro.

With that said, Hillsboro stinks! Hahaha! I'm kidding, calm down!

workinprogress,

It is my opinion that Hillsboro did get into the endzone. The referees obviously did not see it that way. Franklins game tying drive consisted of a questionable pass interference call on 3rd and a bunch as well as a roughing the QB call that was questionable as well on 4th down. Lets hope that Franklin will want to finish this game so we all can get some closure on this ball game. The bottom line is that with a little over 7 minutes left , Hillsboro is to receive the ball. Franklin, good luck Friday against McCallie!

Give me a break. You and LadyFbFan are picking nits, looking for a reason to argue. I said that Hillsboro sacked Nichols and he fumbled. Most people will read that and come to the conclusion that he fumbled because of the Hillsboro defense. Let down your guard and open your mind. I wasn't disrespecting Hillsboro.

With that said, Hillsboro stinks! Hahaha! I'm kidding, calm down!

It's no big deal, man. I wasn't picking apart your post, I was just giving my opinion on your post. It sounded a little Franklin-ish to me so I was just pointing it out.

Guest workinprogress

It's no big deal, man. I wasn't picking apart your post, I was just giving my opinion on your post. It sounded a little Franklin-ish to me so I was just pointing it out.

Both are good ball clubs. At this point, if I were either coach, I would late as long as I possibly could to finish this game. It may end up that neither team needs a win here and still be in the playoffs. However, if they need this game to be in the playoffs or get a better seed than both coaches will want to play. The only question would be what is too late and when would work best for both teams?