Week 0: Ravenwood vs. Goodpasture

bulldogger07

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of early love for Goodpasture in this game. Do people think Ravenwood is down from last year...or that Goodpasture hasn't lost a step from last year...or a mixture of both?

Sight unseen of each team, I'd have to lean towards Ravenwood in this matchup. While Ravenwood has seemed to peak later in the season, they are playing a Goodpasture team which itself lost a lot of offense from last year.

A lot of early love for Goodpasture in this game. Do people think Ravenwood is down from last year...or that Goodpasture hasn't lost a step from last year...or a mixture of both?

Sight unseen of each team, I'd have to lean towards Ravenwood in this matchup. While Ravenwood has seemed to peak later in the season, they are playing a Goodpasture team which itself lost a lot of offense from last year.

Goodpasture also returns a bit offensively. #33 that plays running back will be a stud in '07. Mahan is a much better passer than Stroud ever was in my opinion and he shouldn't cause a drop-off either. The Cougars are still a state title contender and can play with anyone.

Should be a great game... from what i've heard even though they lost a lot, this may be ravenwood's best defense yet, the defensive cooridinator (Chad Kirby) must have done some major scheming this offseason or coach rector maight have been working his magic as well. Don't forget you have quarterback michael becker comin back. O and they have a new receiver in his first year as well who as tons of athleticism.. nick pease (junior), watch out for that name as he gains experience through the season, i would like to make a prediction but the only thing i know about goodpasture is that they seem to be in the state championship game every year with alcoa so they have to be pretty solid. I won't post a score but i'll post a ravenwood win with that home field. the big question mark for ravenwood is the offensive line who is only returning one starter in luke stansfield... but i'm pretty sure you can put him on the line by himself and he could hold off 3 maybe 4 guys good to be back for another high school football season... what are the questions marks and strengths of goodpasture?