Scores

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Message boards can be entertaining, informative, even mean-spirited, and cruel. They embolden some because of the hidden identity. Maybe scot241 is a kid, if not they sure act like one by their last post. To the best of my 1st hand knowledge, Grace is a fine young lady, and any team would be lucky to have her. She is competitive, fun-loving, and a team player. Why can't people remember we are dealing with teenagers who, for the most part need our support and encouragement, rather than hurtful, disparaging remarks.......especially if they are from adults.

Message boards can be entertaining, informative, even mean-spirited, and cruel. They embolden some because of the hidden identity. Maybe scot241 is a kid, if not they sure act like one by their last post. To the best of my 1st hand knowledge, Grace is a fine young lady, and any team would be lucky to have her. She is competitive, fun-loving, and a team player. Why can't people remember we are dealing with teenagers who, for the most part need our support and encouragement, rather than hurtful, disparaging remarks.......especially if they are from adults.

Agree! Look for the positive. It there isn't any, think twice about posting. If you must, speak in general terms. Most of the posters are adults, and I hazard to guess, few of us could do half what the girls can do with a soccer ball.

Agree! Look for the positive. It there isn't any, think twice about posting. If you must, speak in general terms. Most of the posters are adults, and I hazard to guess, few of us could do half what the girls can do with a soccer ball.

I agree. I read quite a few negative comments in here about teams, coaches, players, & refs. And some of these comments are made by people who claim to be coaches. I'm glad my daughter doesn't play for any of them. What kind of a coach can a person be with a viewpoint that is so negative and critical? I can only imagine how they must treat their players.

Preach on DonC and Bean

Pinned Topic by BigG on point here

See "All new members on soccer boards, Especially those with less than 20 posts!" Post #1

It appears that year after year this starts when someone identifies a player by his/her name with the well intentioned purpose of prasing them on their play. When they have a down day on the pitch, as young atheletes do; folks show up pointing it out. If they don't have a down day quick enough, you get the mean spirited personal attacks that "they aren't a team player, are over-rated, lack foot skills, or pick their nose in church". Anything to drag them down.

My initial thought was to post Grandmaw's advice. If you cant say anything nice don't say anything at all. However, several of the threads seem to be taking a negative turn toward these young ladies. I don't know the young lady in question, but I get bent out of shape when folks start taking "anonymous" jabs at kids. Grandmaw would have called that "gutless".....dang, listening to Grandmaw and shutting up now. Post some more scores.

Preach on DonC and Bean

Pinned Topic by BigG on point here

See "All new members on soccer boards, Especially those with less than 20 posts!" Post #1

It appears that year after year this starts when someone identifies a player by his/her name with the well intentioned purpose of prasing them on their play. When they have a down day on the pitch, as young atheletes do; folks show up pointing it out. If they don't have a down day quick enough, you get the mean spirited personal attacks that "they aren't a team player, are over-rated, lack foot skills, or pick their nose in church". Anything to drag them down.

My initial thought was to post Grandmaw's advice. If you cant say anything nice don't say anything at all. However, several of the threads seem to be taking a negative turn toward these young ladies. I don't know the young lady in question, but I get bent out of shape when folks start taking "anonymous" jabs at kids. Grandmaw would have called that "gutless".....dang, listening to Grandmaw and shutting up now. Post some more scores.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Last night: Ensworth High 1 at Brentwood High 0

BUT, game called at half due to failure of the lights!

Brentwood had the best of it about 2/3 of the time and had EHS on thier heels, racking up 12 shots to Ensworth's 3. But many were 25-30 yard darts over the net, and relatively few real close scoring chances. Ensworth had maybe 3 good scoring chances and capitalized on a one v. one from Emily Perkins. BHS is highly skilled and immensely talented. Just one of those nights for them. Too bad they couldn't get the second half played.

Brentwood had the best of it about 2/3 of the time and had EHS on thier heels, racking up 12 shots to Ensworth's 3. But many were 25-30 yard darts over the net, and relatively few real close scoring chances. Ensworth had maybe 3 good scoring chances and capitalized on a one v. one from Emily Perkins. BHS is highly skilled and immensely talented. Just one of those nights for them. Too bad they couldn't get the second half played.

Sounds like there are a lot of very good teams in the greater Nashville area this year (Brentwood, Emsworth, Franklin, etc, etc). Hope to get to see some of them soon.

I could not say it any better myself, thanks.

Very unfortunate circumstances for both teams. I'm not sure, but I don't think this is considered a complete game. There was about 1:43 left in the 1st half when the lights failed. Ensworth was playing an excellent game at the time and as expected Emily Perkins is very tough to handle. I hope that the game can be rescheduled by both teams, however with 2 schedules to deal with at this time of year, I'm sure that it will be difficult, but if the coaches wish I'm sure there are some Saturday's open.

Does anyone know how this works? Will they start with 1:43 left on the clock in the 1st half or will they have to play a complete game? Or is this considered a recorded game?