Scores

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seymour over Halls 4-2

I have been hearing a lot of good things about Seymour this season. It looks like you guys are doing really well! Could be an interesting match up in regions! (HIGHLIGHT COULD... I know there is a LOT of soccer left so please don't read more into that than there is!)

I have been hearing a lot of good things about Seymour this season. It looks like you guys are doing really well! Could be an interesting match up in regions! (HIGHLIGHT COULD... I know there is a LOT of soccer left so please don't read more into that than there is!)

BGA 6 or 7 vs. St. Cecila 0. I saw the game. BGA looked very strong. They are very, very, good and will be tough team for anyone to beat.

Siegel 6 at Ensworth 1

Yikes! But . . . lest you think the game was not competitive . . . let me say the following: After giving up two quick goals in the first 2 1/2 minutes, over the next 25 minutes Ensworth could well have scored 4 or 5 . . . so good were their chances.

However, I do not want to diminish a sound beating handed out by Siegel. It just seemed that they scored on every opportunity, and EHS couldn't convert . . . headers off the keeper's finger tips, hitting the posts, the usual stuff we've all seen. But Siegel was relentless and just kept coming with speed and neat "give and goes". A good team, better than their record indicates. And the game was closer than the score, but we've all heard that before, haven't we?

I could not make this game but did Sophie Bansford not play in this game? And if not do you know why?

Some West TN scores...

Liberty 3, North Side 0

Goals: L - Kristi Loyd, Elizabeth Boone, Felicia Ingram. Saves: L - Morgan Goodman 6. Records: L 2-4-3. Up Next: Liberty travels to Lexington Tuesday at 5 p.m.

Madison 3, Dyersburg 0

Goals: M - Alyse Flack, Laura Flack, Alexis Mattaline. Assists: M - Maddie Doumitt, A. Flack. Saves: D - Mary Curren Biar 7; M - Olivia Poteete 4. Up next: Madison plays Bartlett in the Liberty Shootout next Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Kate Campbell Park.

JCS 4, McNairy 0

Goals: J - Shelley Carter 2, Maggie Hearn, Sara Johnson. Assists: J - Carter 2, Johnson, Amanda Witherspoon. Saves: J - Kristin Cook 4; Shelby Towater 4; M - Autumn King 5. Records: J 4-2-1, M 3-1-2. Up next: JCS plays on the road against Columbia Academy Tuesday at 6 p.m.

Ensworth 5 at Hillsboro 0

JV players play most of the game, after initial scoring outburst, and worked a lot on spacing and passing. Classy move by Coach Koerner. Having witnessed this . . . a coach who can obviously tell when a team is outmatched . . . and can find away to play everyone, get quality touches and work on formations . . . and NOT have to score 9, 10 or 15 goals, I am unconvinced when I read commentaries when coaches and players say they just can't help it when the score gets run up. Hillsboro played very hard and never looked "down."

What match-up? Any match-up in the region will be a tough one. Seymour is so young and only has 3 club players, but we will see what happens in the coming weeks. Good Luck Ladies!