Scores

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flash... most times it is not what the coach does, but what the coach says. From your description, if I had to guess, as the coach was sitting down, he might have had some comments that the ref might not have appreciated.

I know this man very well....he had turned and moved away from the ref and he would never say anything that (in my mind) would cause a resonable person to go after him. He never curses, etc. In my mind he had been carded....and I would question the role of this ref in the first card....then he move away from that ref (my daughter tells me he had not sat down yet when the ref pulled the red card, but he had turned away from the ref and was going away from him)....it seems that once you have carded the person and they move off....uness they are cursing, the ref has the responsiblity to move away as well. The coach in this issue never said anything to the ref that carded him but had very respectfully had gotten the other ref's attention and was asking him to come over and explain a call. I clearly heard him call the ref "SIR", then the other ref from up the line on the coaches side ran down and got in the coaches face. The ref from the other side never moved! It is history anyway...and the coach handled it with class, but I found it interesting to hear of Hendersonville's coach's issue....I've met him and seen him coach occassionally, I found the red card surprising for him as well! I just wondered if the referees or their organization had decided to "change or get tough"?????? As always it seems the best refs are the ones not remembered.

To your point.....yes clearly the ref that pulled the yellow then the red did not appreciate the coaches comments at any level! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> While the ref was able to run the coach out of the game he clearl energized the fan support that positively supported the team to rally to win.....

It is a 2 game suspension......I believe it is also a $250 fine (someone said it is an either/or but I believe it is both!) the question is and I guess it may depend upon the school or school district, but I'm not sure if the coach or the school pays the fine!

Flash, please understand that I was not accusing the coach for saying anything, but that it sounded like that could be a likely scenario. I had an assistant coach carded for looking at the ref in a way that he found "unacceptable"... I think a LOT depends on the ref.

The fine and suspension are together, and it depends on the school and the situation. I know my school makes the coach pay (unless the situation should not have occurred).

Powell Varsity played roughly 30 minutes, JV 30 minutes and game called with 20 minutes to go; Final score Powell 10-0 over Loudon. I have changed my opinion on Oak Ridges' high scoring games. My daughter ( which is captain of team ) said coach at half time told them they had to make at least 4 good passes in offensive end before they could shoot, and then it had to be outside the 18.

After seeing that game, I can see how a score can end up so outta balance, the girls still have to play the game, they can't just quit playing.

Powell Varsity played roughly 30 minutes, JV 30 minutes and game called with 20 minutes to go; Final score Powell 10-0 over Loudon. I have changed my opinion on Oak Ridges' high scoring games. My daughter ( which is captain of team ) said coach at half time told them they had to make at least 4 good passes in offensive end before they could shoot, and then it had to be outside the 18.

After seeing that game, I can see how a score can end up so outta balance, the girls still have to play the game, they can't just quit playing.

'm not sure that formula would reduce the lop-sided score, I would think it would contribute to it....