Scores

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some West TN scores.

USJ 2, Adamsville 0

Goals: U - Katie Hayes, Meg Miller. Saves: U - Elizabeth Crowder 0, Keely McMahon 0; A - Emily Smith 9. Record: U 10-0, A 4-1-1. Up next: USJ plays at Marshall County, Ky. 7:30 p.m., Friday.

JCS 5, Columbia Academy 2

Goals: J - Shelley Carter, Dorothy Harvey 2, Maggie Hearn 2; C - Britten Fandrich 2. Assists: J - Carter 3, Rachael Weaver. Saves: J - Shelby Towater 7; C - Courtney Barker 9. Records: J 5-2-1; C 5-3-1.

Liberty 5, Lexington 0

Goals: Kristi Loyd 3, Melissa Ferrell, Sarah Henson. Saves: L - Morgan Goodman 1. Record: L 3-4-3. Up next: Liberty faces Dickson County 4 p.m. Friday in the Liberty Soccer Shootout.

Fayette Academy 4, Crockett County 0

Goals: F - Kara Pulliam 3, Paige Campbell. Assists: F - Gracie Cocke, Kyra Scheiterlein, Ross McCraw, Pulliam. Saves: F - Megan Jones; C - Shawna Weed.

McNairy 2, TCA 0

Goals: M - Brianna Holt, Katie Forsythe. Assists: M - Charmika Franklin. Saves: M - Autumn King 5; T - Rachel Vaughn 14. Record: M 4-2-1.

Ensworth 1 at Brentwood Academy 2

BA controlled most of the game, and the younger Sermonet and Langworthy are awfully hard to handle. Along with everyone else on their team. They are deep, sound, strong at every position. EHS cam back to have chances to tie after a 2-0 deficit with about 20 minutes to play. Good game.

'm not sure that formula would reduce the lop-sided score, I would think it would contribute to it....

Agreed. How 'bout playing the ball back to the defense, stringing together 8 passes, shooting only with non-dominant leg, scoring off of headers only, etc. All of this still allows the girls to play the game all the while working on specific skills. Why was the game called ?

Agreed. How 'bout playing the ball back to the defense, stringing together 8 passes, shooting only with non-dominant leg, scoring off of headers only, etc. All of this still allows the girls to play the game all the while working on specific skills. Why was the game called ?

And tell me why no one mentioned this to coach Urban Meyer last week-end /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I am sure if I said the Coach told them to make 8 passes you would have said they needed to make 16 passes. As far as working on skills, that is what they did. Considering only 5 of the goals were scored by Starting Varity players, 2 by a Varsity player off the bench, and the rest by JV players I think the girls did fine. Besides you have JV girls that only get to play a limited number of games, and very limited amount of time in Varsity games, how are they going to improve if they don't work hard while they get the opportunity?

In Miami, we called that "Gator Fever". We did hoever find a cure for it. It was called "Micheal Irvin".

Yeah, but it was only temporary...........,but it looks like Miami and FSU have some sort of terminal illness. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I am sure if I said the Coach told them to make 8 passes you would have said they needed to make 16 passes. As far as working on skills, that is what they did. Considering only 5 of the goals were scored by Starting Varity players, 2 by a Varsity player off the bench, and the rest by JV players I think the girls did fine. Besides you have JV girls that only get to play a limited number of games, and very limited amount of time in Varsity games, how are they going to improve if they don't work hard while they get the opportunity?

Surely there are other rewards for good play beyond putting in a goal against an already defeated opponent, only to have them watch a JV player running back to mid field laughing and high-fiving. How are they going to improve"? How about in practice against the varsity? Or in all the other games they play, where the scsore is not out of control? Coaches who claim they just can't control it after they are already ahead by 5 or 6 goals, seem to have a lack of imagination and compassion. No, I am not a coach, but like most everyone on this site, I have seen hundreds of games . . . and have coached much younger girls. The hard lessons of absolutley getting creamed and humiliated can be learned elsewhere and later in life . . . and wonderful lessons and soccer skills can be learned by the victors when they treat the vanquished with some respect.