DB vs. William Blount

db123

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fan following for DB? Well it is a Thursday night..........long drive. I also thought it was a poor decision by the band to hold practice in Kingsport until 6pm, eliminating the possibility of any of the over 400 band students attending this game as a fan (I know the band is not going) and probably their parents from attending. But, either way, DB should have a decent crowd.

I think DB is a team lacking in experience that has much to prove. DB usually has many excellent skill players, this year may a bit lacking. However, I think the heart is there. Passing the ball may be a challenge for DB. Running might be their bread & butter this year. WB knows how to stop the run. WB seems to be ready for a nice season and will be excited to play at home. I think DB is in for a long night. On paper, you gotta go with WB. 24 - 7 WB, but you never know. I hope there are no injuries. Good luck to both teams

Roll Tribe

Orange and blue update:

I have tracked down my "william blount prayer warrior" tshirt (circa 2000-2001?), so if I can get my girlfriend let me borrow it back from her for the night, Papa Chaos will be wearing the colors again.

I'm really excited for Blount and hope they can keep up the momentum from their off-season workouts and last week's victory and parlay that into a great season.

William Blount was impressive in their win at Sevier County, they are physical and may have an edge there. Both teams have excellent coaches. Rumor is DB is down, we shall see, I am sure that Graham Clark has something ready to go, you learn a lot between week 0 and week 1, I think WB will win, but look for DB to stay in the game and could win late if they get a break, kicking game could be the difference too, with probably the edge to DB there...this is a good game for DB, instead of playing one of those many Sullivan schools, it will toughen them for the Region and beyond, they seem to be suceptible to first round losses because of that Regions overall weakness. I think they will be there at the end, Bearden has to go to Kingsport and Sevier County is young....however in this one I say WB by 7.

I wish you were right about the kicking game, but DB's best punt last week was a pooch kick by the QB. Yes, the kicker was the player of the game against Tn H, but he does not have as strong of leg as past kickers. Hasn't WB's punter committed to Marshall? If WB is as physical as everyone says they are, DB watch out (very small and weak). This game may toughen them too much. DB best hope they come back home healthy to play another game. The leading tackler last week was a small soph. LB. DB will have to play the perfect game with breaks their way or it could get ugly fast.

Orange and blue update:

I have tracked down my "william blount prayer warrior" tshirt (circa 2000-2001?), so if I can get my girlfriend let me borrow it back from her for the night, Papa Chaos will be wearing the colors again.

I'm really excited for Blount and hope they can keep up the momentum from their off-season workouts and last week's victory and parlay that into a great season.

Is my hearing ok - Is it really true that Papa Chaos will be donning the orange and blue of William Blount once agian

I wish you were right about the kicking game, but DB's best punt last week was a pooch kick by the QB. Yes, the kicker was the player of the game against Tn H, but he does not have as strong of leg as past kickers. Hasn't WB's punter committed to Marshall? If WB is as physical as everyone says they are, DB watch out (very small and weak). This game may toughen them too much. DB best hope they come back home healthy to play another game. The leading tackler last week was a small soph. LB. DB will have to play the perfect game with breaks their way or it could get ugly fast.

Yes the punter from wb hs committed to Marshall.