DB vs. William Blount

db123

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry FBE ... as you know, that misappropriation of funds thing is a sensitive subject down our way also.

I hope you're right about the stadium being packed. I expect DB to "travel well" and bring a good crowd and I believe the Governor faithful will be out in full force, but I believe we'll still need some help from Maryville, Alcoa, & Heritage folks who just want to see what SHOULD be a good football game, if we're going to pack it to capacity.

I know it is a sensitive subject and one I am tired of. This is a football thread and maybe I over stepped my bounds some.

You can bet the game will played in front of a packed house. Many of us are football fans and we have not had any since Jan! I'm hungry for some football and the HS brand is the best kind. It is the last level where the kids have pride and play for the love of the game mostly. WB should have a very good team this year. I have my questions about a few things and given some luck and more hard work WB should win their region. But it won't come easy. Playing normally tough programs like DB and Maryville will only help the Gov's, win or lose. I expect a good game and it will be a pleasure to come over watch a good game.

From all that I'm seeing on these post, William Blount has got a fine team this year.A game like this will show the boys how far they have to go. A win would be great,but sometimes you grow up more when you don't get the victory. Either way,I look forward to my first trip down to William Blount and hope both teams play well and come out safe.

I know it is a sensitive subject and one I am tired of. This is a football thread and maybe I over stepped my bounds some.

You can bet the game will played in front of a packed house. Many of us are football fans and we have not had any since Jan! I'm hungry for some football and the HS brand is the best kind. It is the last level where the kids have pride and play for the love of the game mostly. WB should have a very good team this year. I have my questions about a few things and given some luck and more hard work WB should win their region. But it won't come easy. Playing normally tough programs like DB and Maryville will only help the Gov's, win or lose. I expect a good game and it will be a pleasure to come over watch a good game.

I agree FBE, I agree.

I can see William Blount's stadium lights from my house, and it's made me itchy for some football. I'm hoping for a rainout of my softball game Thursday evening so I can sneak over to watch this one before heading over to Aloca Friday night.

I agree FBE, I agree.

I can see William Blount's stadium lights from my house, and it's made me itchy for some football. I'm hoping for a rainout of my softball game Thursday evening so I can sneak over to watch this one before heading over to Aloca Friday night.

Hoping for a rainout?????? What is rain????

I hope William Blount wins because I want Maryville and William Blount to be undefeated when they play each other. If that happens could you imagine the crowd that will be at William Blount?

I can imagine that...do you remember 1999?

I think that was the year that both teams were undefeated and played at WB and it was the biggest crowd I'd ever seen at a high school football game until Red Bank and Gerald Riggs came to MHS a few years later.

It was also the game with the greatest play that I've ever seen in my life...David Sweetland intercepted an option pitch in mid-stride and went about 60 yards the other way....wow!

I can imagine that...do you remember 1999?

I think that was the year that both teams were undefeated and played at WB and it was the biggest crowd I'd ever seen at a high school football game until Red Bank and Gerald Riggs came to MHS a few years later.

It was also the game with the greatest play that I've ever seen in my life...David Sweetland intercepted an option pitch in mid-stride and went about 60 yards the other way....wow!

Good memories, Papa

Thats the week The Daily Times fueled the fire by printing a full page with Fickard and The 4 Horseman.

Ancient legend has it that it is this water-like substance that falls from the sky. I just know that weather.com has at least a 40% chance of it for the Knoxville area the rest of the week.

I know that I am 100% correct when I say that weather.com or anyone else predicting the weather is only right 10% of the time. Except for Al Gore, and he is right 0% of the time. It might rain and it might not. That I am sure of.

I've been out of the office and away from my computer all week, and now I just want to chime in with my 2 cents on a few things I've read about...

1. Regarding Maryville fans: Well, I for one will be there. And if I can find any of my old stuff, I'll probably be wearing some orange and blue.

2. Regarding the band: DB has the most exciting band I ever recall seeing in high school football. I'm not a band guy. I don't appreciate their talent or commitment or dedication or anything like that. My sister was in the band, and she told me about all the hard work they put in, but I never got it. I had a hard time wrapping my mind around her complaints when I was doing cardio for basketball in the morning, practice in the afternoon and scrimmages at night. So, I make the point that I'm not and never have been a fan of the band not to put them down at all but rather to show what a huge statement it is for me to point out that me and one of my best friends have been talking about how blown away we were by DB's band since 1994! As middle schoolers we made the trip up to a WB/DB game. WB got absolutely destroyed but the band put on a show at halftime that we seriously still talk about... I wish they were going to be there tomorrow night.

3. The crowd: Yes, I think it will be packed. It will draw a ton of students and fans from the other local schools. DB usually travels pretty well, but I think the Thursday night thing will keep some of them from making the trip. I'm getting there early to get good seats.

4. The game: If what I'm hearing is true, then WB should come away with a victory. It sounds like a really bad matchup for DB. They rely on the run against a top tier D designed to stop the run. They are young and on the road on an unfamiliar night with a crowd that's been salivating over this team for months... Looks like a recipe for WB to win big.

Good memories, Papa

Thats the week The Daily Times fueled the fire by printing a full page with Fickard and The 4 Horseman.

The 4 Horsemen...wow. It was a year later that Fickert came to MHS and shot a bird at the fan section while he was back waiting to receive a kickoff.

He worked for me when all of that happened. I also had an MHS student who worked for me at that time. I had to do some creative scheduling over the next few days to keep them from fighting...