DB vs. William Blount

db123

I am picking WB 21 - 7. Last night was the first time I had seen them this year. The defense looks like it may end up being the best in school history. There are just so many weapons. In the second half I was really impressed with the offense. The O-line stepped up their game big time! If WB will play like they did in the second half last night then I don't think there will be a problem.

Have a safe trip down DB fans.

Go Govs!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the trouble I caused by inviting our Rebel Bretheren to the game... I just thought they might be bored sitting at home on week zero.. (BTW I did see a couple of them there.. but we won't mention any names to protect the innocent...)

I was at the William Blount game last night and will likely go to the DB game as well. Always good to get a chance to watch other teams play when my team is off. William Blount's offense looked good in spurts last night. Probably just needs some more live reps. The defense on the other hand looks outstanding. Cole Lail must have had 20 tackles last night. Sevier County is young, and it showed at times but they have a couple of very good running backs and every time it appeared one of them was about to get into the secondary Lail would come from wherever necessary and make the tackle. Front seven is outstanding and the secondary seems improved over last year. A team MUST be balanced with the run and pass to challenge WB this year. If a team is one dimensional they will make them look silly at times IMO. I will take Wm Blount in this game. The only question I would have if I were a Gov fan is what was Burstrom doing still playing both ways with a four touchdown lead and five minutes to go in the game? Just curious.

I'll give the nod to WB. That's a long bus ride from Kingsport and WB will be looking to keep the respect at home. I do think this game will be pivotal in how WB's season goes. From what I am hearing the confidence is real high over there which is good, but a fall to DB at home could be disruptive and hard to over come with the tough schedule WB has this year.

I mentioned before IMO having your starting QB playing both ways at 5A is just silly and if it is that necessary, then the coaching staff is failing in the young player development department and the team does not have enough depth to have a deep run into the post season. TB goes down to injury playing D and the season could be over again early for the Gov??™s.

If he was in the game with a 4 TD lead, that is really dumb!

What time will the gates open?

We have traveled through Maryville many times in the past on our way to the Smokies, and I have tried several routes. The best in my view is to take the Strawberry Plains exit, left on John Sevier Hwy, to the Maryville Hwy. You miss all the Knoxville traffic by going east of Knoxville. That Highway is not real heavily traveled and although it is 2 lanes, it is wide and straight - as 2 lane highways go. It is the route I'll take. Google maps and Mapquest say it takes 10 minutes longer but they don't account for the traffic nightmare in Knoxville.

If it isn't rush hour, it is quicker to stay on I40 all the way into Knoxville and take the 129/Airport exit; if it is rush hour time, taking John Sevier hwy might be advantageous. Either way, once you are on 129S here's some good directions to get to WB:Stay on 129 past airport ... keep coming ... you'll come to a fork, stay right (Atlanta/Fontana direction).Keep on 129 ... you'll go through a major intersection, see a chic-filet, Walmart, etc. on your right ...just keep coming straight. You'll go through another red light (Dubbs restaurant, Krystal, on right) keep coming a little further.Next red light ... you'll see a Home Depot on right, Target over on left ... you are going to TURN RIGHT onto Foothills Mall Drive.Once on Foothills, you are going through one red light (A&W restaurant) stay straight to next light (McDonalds on right)... at this intersection TURN RIGHT onto Hwy 321 (Lamar Alexander Pkwy).You'll travel a few miles on 321 (headed in direction of Friendsville/ Lenoir City). You are gonna go through one or two lights ... then you'll come to a big intersection (you'll see Westgate Service Station/ Subway on right just before this intersection). Go straight through and you'll go up a long incline. You'll see a golf driving range on your right and a church (Smoky View). At the top of the hill, you TURN LEFT onto William Blount Drive (hwy335). Stay on William Blount drive, through two traffic lights (the second one is new and right behind the school) ... pass this second light and then the high school entrance will be on your left. If you see the middle school, you've come too far.Obviously, from my directions, you can tell I'm familiar with a lot of restaurants !!! If you'll follow these though, you shouldn't have any problems.

If it isn't rush hour, it is quicker to stay on I40 all the way into Knoxville and take the 129/Airport exit; if it is rush hour time, taking John Sevier hwy might be advantageous. Either way, once you are on 129S here's some good directions to get to WB:Stay on 129 past airport ... keep coming ... you'll come to a fork, stay right (Atlanta/Fontana direction).Keep on 129 ... you'll go through a major intersection, see a chic-filet, Walmart, etc. on your right ...just keep coming straight. You'll go through another red light (Dubbs restaurant, Krystal, on right) keep coming a little further.Next red light ... you'll see a Home Depot on right, Target over on left ... you are going to TURN RIGHT onto Foothills Mall Drive.Once on Foothills, you are going through one red light (A&W restaurant) stay straight to next light (McDonalds on right)... at this intersection TURN RIGHT onto Hwy 321 (Lamar Alexander Pkwy).You'll travel a few miles on 321 (headed in direction of Friendsville/ Lenoir City). You are gonna go through one or two lights ... then you'll come to a big intersection (you'll see Westgate Service Station/ Subway on right just before this intersection). Go straight through and you'll go up a long incline. You'll see a golf driving range on your right and a church (Smoky View). At the top of the hill, you TURN LEFT onto William Blount Drive (hwy335). Stay on William Blount drive, through two traffic lights (the second one is new and right behind the school) ... pass this second light and then the high school entrance will be on your left. If you see the middle school, you've come too far.Obviously, from my directions, you can tell I'm familiar with a lot of restaurants !!! If you'll follow these though, you shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks Gov. Man I did not realize you had to make all those turns to get to the school.Good luck to WB.You guys must have another good team,by the way you whooped on Seiver Co.