DB vs. William Blount

db123

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a big challenge for our guys tonight. I've not seen WB, but I hear that they have took a little of our playbook. My biggest concern on defense is when we stunt and bring the LB's, and they trap or have a delayed handoff. On the other hand are we strong enough at LB to stay back and read the play. Except for a couple of blitzes that put us in the play,a lot of our tackles are way off the line.This makes for great stats, but you can't make those plays down the field against a good team. The DL had a great game last week and they have to take the presure off of our LB's. JS coming back won't hurt anything on both sides of the ball.We have to be able to pass the ball on offense.We had kids running the wrong routes and not even knowing the play because of the No huddle at times last week. Your going to drop a few or miss an open pass, that's part of it. I just hope we can grow better each week and get on the same page with every play. Roll Tribe

I wish you were right about the kicking game, but DB's best punt last week was a pooch kick by the QB. Yes, the kicker was the player of the game against Tn H, but he does not have as strong of leg as past kickers. Hasn't WB's punter committed to Marshall? If WB is as physical as everyone says they are, DB watch out (very small and weak). This game may toughen them too much. DB best hope they come back home healthy to play another game. The leading tackler last week was a small soph. LB. DB will have to play the perfect game with breaks their way or it could get ugly fast.

I??™m not sure why I??™m defending DB to a DB fan??¦but what the heck. Your kicking game kept you in the game last week. The return team scored on opening kickoff and your kicker kicked two field goals 27 and 34 yards??¦and both had plenty of room. That accounts for 12 of your 19 points. Take away the kicking game and you loose last week.

I??™m not sure why I??™m defending DB to a DB fan??¦but what the heck. Your kicking game kept you in the game last week. The return team scored on opening kickoff and your kicker kicked two field goals 27 and 34 yards??¦and both had plenty of room. That accounts for 12 of your 19 points. Take away the kicking game and you loose last week.

I think both of you are kind of correct.The kicking game did keep DB in the game,and the punt he refered to was great in a since that it pinned Tennessee High down. I don't however know if a watchdog means that he is a fan,or if he is like a policeman for other teams. Either way,it was a good punt at the time.Roll Tribe

I...uh...I...think I'm gonna..sniff sniff....cry...sniff sniff.

That post had to be referring to the punting game only. Maybe he should separate the kicking game from the punting which was critical when DB was backed up on the goaline late in the game and set THS up at the DB 29 yard line to drive for the winning score...before the fumble. But I agree, the kickoff return and the 2 FGs were the difference because the offense (with the help of the THS D) was pretty innefficient.

It's about time you came up post to enter the Mo-Ron of the week contest.

Hey its a football game! Lets take away the Kicking Game and see if we Coulda' beat Dobyns-Bennett. That is a better excuse than you had last year though when you were saying you beat DB everywhere but on the scoreboard. I guess if you could take away the kicking game and the score Tennessee High would do very well against DB.

It's about time you came up post to enter the Mo-Ron of the week contest.

Hey its a football game! Lets take away the Kicking Game and see if we Coulda' beat Dobyns-Bennett. That is a better excuse than you had last year though when you were saying you beat DB everywhere but on the scoreboard. I guess if you could take away the kicking game and the score Tennessee High would do very well against DB.

Hey WacerJac??¦I don??™t think I in any way insinuated that DB could have, should have, or would have lost. My point is simply that the kicking game was KEY to the victory over the Vikings just as Cactus Jack predicts it will be against WB. And about the Mo-Ron thing??¦. It takes one to know one big boy. But you??™ve worked hard at maintaining that title all these years and your posts are concrete proof of that. NO??¦??¦??¦I appreciate your generosity, but I believe that award should remain where it truly belongs??¦.on your shelf. Can I get a Amen.

For those in upper East Tn you can tune in to AM 850 (50,000 watts) until around 8:30. They then have to power down as do all AM's with a lot of power.

I've always went to the website. Those radio stations are rarely audible unless your right beside the school.03, are you attending tonight's game?

The towers are not located at the school. Being next to the school has nothing to do with it.

TriCitiesSports.com will have streaming audio from the radio broadcasts of WKPT and WGOC for folks who don't make it to Maryville...

D-B's kicking game was very good, the field goal were huge points; kickoff placement and coverage was outstanding...and obviously the return for the score to start the game was huge...

D-B's punting game was poor...no distance, no hangtime...best punt was the quick kick (best as far as yards)...punt returns were not fumbled so that they could be recovered...1st one wasn't bad...Tn High had good punt coverage.

Roll Tribe Roll

The game was closer than the score?